Votes: 37 30.3%
  • No, but may be

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • No, definitely not

Votes: 21 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To quote Player

Voted "only if it's a good deal" and, in any case, that's how investing criteria should be followed and acted upon anyway.

Should settle the CIP in February and am now on the look out for another CIP that can meet my +ve cashflow criteria.

Cheers

There are some other threads on this topic but it would be interesting to know how many are buying or planning to buy during 2014.

With lots of different forecasts about booms/bubbles, rate cuts/rises, A$ changes and so on, this could become an interesting thread!

Singo,

Yes we will be buying in 2014. I purchased in 2013 as well.

Australian Dollar is 20 - 25 % cheaper than last year. Which is cheaper for Overseas investors. Especially American and Chinese (they currency is pegged to dollar).

Due to Share market boom, They is some spare cash for other investments.

Interest rates are low.

Rents are increasing.

Due to the Interest rates in lows. All our properties are positive cash flow. Hopefully the interest rates will stay, where they are and we can buy more.

Thank you
Hari Yellina.

I plan to start looking again next year as long as everything goes well with the current development. And also get the development started on another site.

So depending on the markets and how they are going will be looking for another development to take up my time and energy :D

Cheers

Looking at another property...but not in Sydney...off to Brisbane next week. Its so cheap up there that I got a strong feeling things won't stay that way.

Eg for the price of a house in Mt Druitt you can get an acreage in places such as Cedar Grove/Vale, about 50 km south of Bris. And thats with a decent house! I know there's only town water there but things can change.

Won't hurt to have a squiz!

I have already bought two build and retain development sites this year.
Would buy more but too much uncertainty about where the economy is heading.

I will spend most of my capital adding value to my portfolio by subdividing and building.

Getting married and selling my business will also slow down with accumulating more properties

Yes!! Planning to by my first IP early this year.

I own my PPOR in Perth and have about 260k equity in it. My partner and I have putting $1200 a week into the mortgage for the last several months and currently our minimum repayment is $377 a week (P&I) so have plenty of cash flow to play with.

Obviously with no prior investment experience I'm very green behind the ears so part of my due diligence has led me here where I hope to ask a lot of questions and learn a lot more before diving in the deep end..

Happy new year all

Looking at another property...but not in Sydney...off to Brisbane next week. Its so cheap up there that I got a strong feeling things won't stay that way.

Eg for the price of a house in Mt Druitt you can get an acreage in places such as Cedar Grove/Vale, about 50 km south of Bris. And thats with a decent house! I know there's only town water there but things can change.

Won't hurt to have a squiz!

Cedar Grove, may might give it a miss.

Sunnybank looks good, vibrant, reminds me of Cabramatta.

Hey, Redcliff is nice. Spoke to a dude who reckons he knew Barry Gibb

Theme parks are a ripoff. 2014 could be the year to buy in Qld

Last edited:
Yes!! Planning to by my first IP early this year.

I own my PPOR in Perth and have about 260k equity in it. My partner and I have putting $1200 a week into the mortgage for the last several months and currently our minimum repayment is $377 a week (P&I) so have plenty of cash flow to play with.

Obviously with no prior investment experience I'm very green behind the ears so part of my due diligence has led me here where I hope to ask a lot of questions and learn a lot more before diving in the deep end..

Happy new year all

260k equity and paying 1200 per week. You can do a lot with that equity and income. Just plan what you want to achieve and find your strategy! Best of luck.

Cedar Grove, may might give it a miss.

Sunnybank looks good, vibrant, reminds me of Cabramatta.

Hey, Redcliff is nice. Spoke to a dude who reckons he knew Barry Gibb

Theme parks are a ripoff. 2014 could be the year to buy in Qld

So are you there for the Theme Park or looking for a property?

Hate to be your Accountant when you trying to make investment trip claim around this time of the year. :D

Retirerich. I was merely trying to gauge investment potential by calculating how many people visit theme parks. BTW the rollercoaster is a scream!

According to the poll to current date/time.......

Yes 53 45.30%
Only if it's a good deal 36 30.77%
No, but may be 7 5.98%
No, definitely not 21 17.95%
Voters: 117.

I find it amusing and a little concerning that circa 45 % answered YES and only 30 % answered ONLY IF IT'S A GOOD DEAL.

To my mind, for those not in the latter two (NO) camps, shouldn't a purchase only be made on the basis that the numbers stack up. The only exception (sometimes, but not necessarily always) is a PPOR where a little emotion may come into play.

No. But I found a one bedder in Kingston for 60K yes 60K. Rented for 190pw. Qld in big and cheap. Just the way I like my.wo.. I mean properties:)

There is no under offer/contract yet on that $60k place. I might go in an offer $60,001 :D
I guess its a retirement village, wonder what the outgoings and 'onsite management' fees are? Its also furnished to get the $190.

But whatever its worth, even no capital growth, its a raw 16% return. It's cheaper than a Sydney Airport carpark with double the return..

Back