Asbestos Removal

Employed a "certified asbestos removalist" to take the roof off....

.... they smashed roof sheets and ripped up the screws.
Even with a fine water spray there was dust......

Worried to replace the main house roof (110sqm) later as I do not want asbestos dust everywhere.

It is a real and present issue.....

Did you view their asbestos removalist licence & category?

How long have they been around?

How far below the next price were these Cowboys?

Smashing the fibro is a no no however incidental breakage can't be avoided eg loss of a corner.

Did they proceed to clean up all of the broken material? Were they wearing disposable suits & appropriate masks?

Did you view their asbestos removalist licence & category?
How long have they been around?
How far below the next price were these Cowboys?
Smashing the fibro is a no no however incidental breakage can't be avoided eg loss of a corner.
Did they proceed to clean up all of the broken material? Were they wearing disposable suits & appropriate masks?

I sighted a current licence and Worksafe permit for the job. Maybe these were false???
They have been working locally in demolition for some years.
They were also not the cheapest......
They did clean up all the broken material....
And they were wearing suits and masks.....as was I.

I just thought they could have been much better at releasing the sheets from the roof screws than they were.....but time is money so I think they took the easy option.

Yet to get the main house roof done....too much BS with asbestos removal and re-roofing in steel.
You would think it had never been done before the way these prima-donnas carry on - best price so far is $10k to do the complete job...$3k just to remove the roof sheets.....110sqm roof area with low pitch so easy job.
I know $70 sqm is average for a roof but they will do the job in just 5 hours.....less materials cost equals about $400 per hour worked....or $100 per hour for semi-skilled workers....so still negotiating!

Hi Robboat

contact Lidoran Roofing - they have been around forever + a day and carry out all sorts of a/c replacement roofing jobs.

I also came across this link: Cetec

You have the suit and the mask robboat,what is stopping you removing the roof?

3k saved alone.

Cheers Spades.

The legal requirement that allows non-licensed persons to remove only 10m2 in a year.

$3k saved, countless $ spent on site remediation due to incorrect handling procedure and even more once mesotheliomia is detected in nearby resident.

Cost of project, minimal. Cost to society - Priceless.

asbestos

Omg.im german and live in aus 20years.
I removed asbestos at our place as well.
I got a quote of almost $2000 from a professional.
I got all I needed from bunnings.
Took half a day or a bit less including driving 2 tip.
And paid $300ish in total.
I didnt break any asbestos, had it soaked in water when moving.
Maybe public needs2be told the truth.
It is not that dangerous.
Its time we start doing things again

Back