Been naughty again

Well, after splurging on the new WRX in February, we've decided to live a bit more...

The V8 goes on Saturday, and we pick up the wife's new Holden Barina Spark at the same time.

Also, I've just booked return flights for the family to go to Florida in September, the plan being to have a couple of weeks between Orlando and Miami, then spend just over a week doing a Caribbean cruise.

Woohoo!!

Well, after splurging on the new WRX in February, we've decided to live a bit more...

The V8 goes on Saturday, and we pick up the wife's new Holden Barina Spark at the same time.

Also, I've just booked return flights for the family to go to Florida in September, the plan being to have a couple of weeks between Orlando and Miami, then spend just over a week doing a Caribbean cruise.

Woohoo!!

Our housesitting position for September has just been cancelled (their plans changed)...so if you need a house/pet sitter?

Woohoo!!

Cool... So, are you going to Walt Disney World? We went a couple of years ago. 4 days and we missed a whole "World", and it was far, far better than I expected. I was smiling the whole time (except when my son was having his regular tantrums and panic attacks.......:eek: )

and are you doing Mexican coast Caribbean or right out to the islands? We did the coast run....... Roatan (british honduras) was my favourite.

Two of the best weeks of my life. I hope you have a similarly wonderful time.

Woohoo!!
I'd be jumping on that plane now and escaping this Canberra winter!

Have fun.

Jamie

For some reason it is a relief seeing people spending some money here after hard work :)

It's a quite strange feeling. My whole life had been spent on 'setting up for the future', then two years ago (when we were 33) it suddenly seemed as though we had more money than we knew what to do with.

Between the saving/investing, and the new job I started a few months ago, we will not only purchase two new cars this year, but also spend a month in the US, and should have our PPOR paid off completely by the end of the year.

I guess the 'living below your means' thing really has worked.

Brave, 3 weeks in Florida in Hurricane season
53bd4141648d5c9779b44b51b4d0f08f.png
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2010hurricanes.jpg
    2010hurricanes.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 281
Brave, 3 weeks in Florida in Hurricane season
53bd4141648d5c9779b44b51b4d0f08f.png
attachment.php

It'll be fine - we're planning on a mix of indoor and outdoor activities, and the cruise ships can outrun the hurricanes (I've already checked).

Being away with the family will be the fun bit. If a really big hurricane looks to be coming through we'll just get in the hire car and head north.

Just got off the phone with the cruise agent in Florida - got us a great deal on a grand suite on a cruise leaving Miami early September.

Can't wait!

Personally wouldn't ever buy a Holden. Been in the Spark, they're OK though, much muchness in comparison to the Japanese, equivalents.

Who are you cruising with? We went with Norwegian last October and can't recommend them highly enough.

I'm very jealous, can't wait to do the panama canal cruise next. Florida is excellent too. If you can, spend a day at the Kennedy Space Centre.

Cheers

v

just read on FB from one of my Disney obsessed friends that prices for Disney are going up tomorrow (US time)... apparently quite a big hike. I havent looked it up myself. But if you were planning to go, it might be worthwhile buying today or tomorrow morning........

Hey VY - this is very refreshing to read. We found ourselves with over 500K just literally sitting in the bank this year. Bought the wife a nice Merc SL 350 for the convertible she always wanted and got myself a beautiful patek philippe. I still marvel at the damn thing every time I check the time!

Enjoy the wealth!

Back