Carb-Nite Solution

a woman who lost 88 pounds in one year on a high-fat diet has become an internet sensation after a reddit user posted a five-second gif showcasing her stunning transformation.

LOL redwing :D

Last edited:
Hi Maxwell,

Is the whole point of this diet to lose weight and become a lean,mean,fighting machine?

If your feeling out of sorts,maybe you need to add and or tweak the diet.

Cheers Spades.

Max, you've definitely put on some size so far.
What's your weight difference since starting?

My heads not feeling right on this diet, a few headaches lately and coming to the end of the 9th day.
Not feeling high energy at all, just feel a bit stunned waiting for something good to happen.
Seems to be bad for my skin too.
I am a little leaner, but weight has stayed the same over the last 4 days, so initial 1.5kg drop must have been water only, definitely no muscle loss.
Don't know if I'll continue this much longer, may just go low/moderate carb and cut out a lot of bread, pasta and sugar.

Finally can carb up tomorrow night.
I didn't read the book, too poor to buy it, so what are the suggestions please?
Does it matter if my daily calories blow out ?
How should I eat during the day and then at night?

Thanks

This dieting caper is frightening. I just eat and eat and eat and eat! I do a little bit of exercise to offset this though! :D

pinkboy

Just to add to this thread:

I have a neighbor from russia or there abouts and has banged on about what she eats.
She reads a alot of books and has some degree and was in some high position before she moved to oz.

Anyhow she eats twice a day consisting of:

6 x eggs for breakfast,cooked in pork fat.

Dinner is Meat,mainly pork i think,sausages,bacon,potatoes etc.

She does not have sugar,doesn't eat bread but odd occasion she does though.
Doesn't eat rice or pasta.

She does have the odd cake etc.

Has butter,cheese etc and doesn't eat fruit/vegetables except for tomatoes,mushies.

Likes a beer on occasion.

She doesn't eat chicken as she said it's bullchit,chicken grown in 2mnths,bullchit :D

Funny lady,has 20ys on me and has heaps more energy,go figure.

Cheers Spades.

I eat "good" carbs - the ones that grow above the ground, if you can't kill it, pick it or dig it up.............DON'T EAT IT because it is NOT REAL FOOD.

How's that work JASA?

You eat only carbs that grow above the ground, what do you eat that you dig up then?

I stick to this rule apart from dairy which I love and doesn't seem to do me personally any harm. Avoid refined foods, lots of protein and enormous amounts of good natural fats (not margarine or polyunsaturated oils)................I love butter, bacon and juicy chicken fat. You should check your cholesterol levels (HDL's and LDL's) before you start the diet and again a couple of months in. .

The world is waking up from the propaganda about fat. Fat does not make you fat...............sugar does and it is hidden everywhere especially in food labelled 'low fat'. There's a lot of vested financial interest in keeping the general public dumb on this topic.

How about the high-fructose corn syrup :eek:

The amount of sugar we consume nowadays in comparison to earlier times

american-sugar-consumption1.jpg

My wife has sugar in her coffee or tea whilst I have none, so its interesting to see how often the sugar bowl gets refilled

Hi Redwing,
You still have to dig out veg that grows above the ground for example lettuce, cabbage cauliflower and broccoli. I avoid carrots, potatoes and starchy above ground veg too like corn. I wouldn't touch corn syrup with a barge pole. I'm not always good though and binge on Tim tams occasionally.

Just to add to this thread:

I have a neighbor from russia or there abouts and has banged on about what she eats.
She reads a alot of books and has some degree and was in some high position before she moved to oz.

Anyhow she eats twice a day consisting of:

6 x eggs for breakfast,cooked in pork fat.

Dinner is Meat,mainly pork i think,sausages,bacon,potatoes etc.

She does not have sugar,doesn't eat bread but odd occasion she does though.
Doesn't eat rice or pasta.

She does have the odd cake etc.

Has butter,cheese etc and doesn't eat fruit/vegetables except for tomatoes,mushies.

Likes a beer on occasion.

She doesn't eat chicken as she said it's bullchit,chicken grown in 2mnths,bullchit :D

Funny lady,has 20ys on me and has heaps more energy,go figure.

Cheers Spades.

Cause she eats like early man ate with nothing processed apart from those "occasions".
Her diet is similar to,ours only we eat a lot of coloured leafy veges and no potatoes, only sweet potato, and eat most meats incl chicken, but I don't really like to eat the chook for the same reasons she states.

Never been healthier. Before, I was bordering diabetic.

Average Intake - 47 Days

Net Carbs
Fiber
Protein
Fat

Attachments

• 10.11.13 - 47 Day summary.jpg
    10.11.13 - 47 Day summary.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Meal 101 - Ratios - 7.11.13.jpg
    Meal 101 - Ratios - 7.11.13.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Meal 104 - Ratios - 10.11.13.jpg
    Meal 104 - Ratios - 10.11.13.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 74
Cause she eats like early man ate with nothing processed apart from those "occasions".
Her diet is similar to,ours only we eat a lot of coloured leafy veges and no potatoes, only sweet potato, and eat most meats incl chicken, but I don't really like to eat the chook for the same reasons she states.

Never been healthier. Before, I was bordering diabetic.

Hiya The Fence,

My diet is pretty much the same as yours with some tweaking.

Btw i was taking meds for high blood pressure n high cholesterol,change in diet has got rid of meds and everythings back to normal :)

Is 100 protein enough to maintain your lbm?
What's your height / weight?

That's what i was thinking dtraeger re:height/weight as you'd have to factor that in.

@Maxwell-Alot of effort in calculating what your taking,good onya but i'd personally prefer just to eat right,exercise and get a good nights sleep.

Horses for courses i suppose.

Cheers Spades.

There is no doubt now that sugar and too many carbs are the big elephants in the room and along with very little exercise, it's no wonder we have an "expanding" population that is getting sicker by the day.

Agree on the keeping it simple routine of no calculating and simply eating right and living a healthy lifestyle.

It's coming out now as weve seen on Catalyst, that colesterol is not the baddie and that "conventional wisdom" is a work still in progress.

@Maxwell-Alot of effort in calculating what your taking,good onya but i'd personally prefer just to eat right,exercise and get a good nights sleep.

Cheers. That's why I am following the diet and you're not.

Attachments

• Meal 105 - Ratios - 11.11.13.jpg
    Meal 105 - Ratios - 11.11.13.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 78
Hi Maxwell,

Here's a few suggestions,take it or leave it.

MCT OIl,take with hemp oil and or protein hemp flour.

Spirulina

Chia seeds

Coriander

Oranges or kiwi fruit

Fresh garlic instead of garlic extract

Cayenne pepper and lemon

Raw Pine nuts,pumpkin,cashews,brazil,hazel nuts etc

Raw honey or Agave nectar.

Organic cheese

Natural yogurt

Organic eggs

Buy your meat from a decent butcher not from coles etc.

HIGH-NUTRIENT FOODS THAT CAN BE EATEN
IN UNLIMITED QUANTITIES

LEAFY GREEN VEGETABLES
romaine lettuce, leaf lettuces, kale, collards, Swiss chard, cabbage, spinach, bok choy.

SOLID GREEN VEGETABLES
artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, celery, cucumber, peas, green peppers, string beans, zucchini.

NON-GREEN, HIGH NUTRIENT VEGETABLES
beets, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, peppers, water chestnuts, cauliflower, squash, carrots.

BEANS AND LEGUMES
red kidney beans, pinto beans, lentils, black-eyed peas, black beans.

FRESH FRUITS
apples, apricots, blackberries, blueberries, grapefruit, grapes, kiwis, mangoes, nectarines, all melons, oranges, peaches, pears, pineapples, plums, strawberries, tangerines.

Source: http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/foodpyramid.aspx

Just a few suggestions to consider.

Cheers Spades.

MCT OIl,take with hemp oil and or protein hemp flour.

I used to take a natural whey protein shake when I first woke but stopped recently because I haven't been training. If I drink a shake in the morning, it makes it really hard to not exceed my body-weight in protein for the day even if I only have half a steak for dinner.

FYI.. The CNS diet isn't contingent upon exercise.

Spirulina

Cheers for the tip. I am not going to give it a run.

I already take:

1000mg of DHA, 100mg Lipoic-acid, 3000umg D3, 200mg Resveratrol.

Chia seeds

I've investigated Chia seeds before and decided they were not for me.

Some professional opinions:

Mark Sisson: ?[These are] primal, but be wary of any superfood claims (unless they?re talking about liver and pastured egg yolks), closely monitor your fibre tolerance and don?t rely on them for your omega-3s.?

Loren Cordain: ?Until further human trials are completed employing a sample size with sufficient statistical power to resolve these immune system issues, then the potential adverse effects of long term, chronic chia seed consumption may outweigh the potential benefits.?

Robb Wolf: ?If folks want to throw a couple of tablespoons of it back a day, I don?t think that?s going to hurt them. But it?s really, really supplementing with that short-chain omega-3 and so expecting it to do anything remotely like supplementing with EPA/DHA is just completely false.?

Matt Lalonde: If you suffer from an autoimmune disease, eliminate this pseudo-cereal from your diet.

Verdict

A few sprinkled over a dish for texture is fine but the claims of superior omega-3 qualities are overstated. The Aztec may have loved them but they were also into human sacrifice and kicking heads down temple steps. Stick to grass fed meat, wild fish and fish oils for your omega-3 intake.

Coriander

I've been using lots of fresh herbs recently. I'll try coriander instead of basil next time.

I add flavour to my meals by using tumeric, chilli and Hungarian paprika.

Oranges or kiwi fruit

I do not eat fruit.

Fresh garlic instead of garlic extract

Ok. Noted.

Cayenne pepper and lemon

Fresh chillies usually give me enough spark.

Occasionally I squeeze lemon on my broccoli and spinach.

Raw Pine nuts,pumpkin,cashews,brazil,hazel nuts etc

I eat almonds.

Raw honey or Agave nectar.

I'm sugar free.

Organic cheese

If I eat cheese, its Liddell's lactose free cheese.

Natural yogurt

I avoid dairy (exception - the preceding cheese).

Organic eggs

Done.

Buy your meat from a decent butcher not from Coles etc.

In my posts you would have seen that the meat I use is Coles - Organic & Grass-Fed.

I am not aware of a Butcher, close, that sells grass-fed meat.

I am content with Coles product.

Gents, I appreciate all of your advice, but, I am following the CNS diet.

I am not going to stray.

I do not have any health problems.

I feel fantastic.

I am becoming leaner without exercise.

Back