Consumer Electronics — Not All It's Cracked Up To Be?

django

great pig - wow great taste!!!

thats only 3 not 1,000......

as i said always room for a good sound system but why we need room for 25,000 songs i have no idea...

The great thing about Django's records are that they are so raw and you can hear everything.....not produced at all.

I carry about 3000 songs with me (my entire CD collection) ... means I can choose a selection of music to suit whatever mood I'm in at the time. Works a treat.

oh great, I have just bought an ipod photo 60GB hahaha but the reason I bought it is to listen to motivational speeches while I'm away from my computer, perhaps in the car or just walking around (this ipod might even encourage me to do some walking haha), which is probably an example to show aussierogue that technology isn't always keeping you at home in your couch. I know ipod photo with 60GB is perhaps a bit much but as a geek I am sure I will find other uses for it (like using it as digital camera secondary storage while travelling, using it as presentation tool since it can connect to TV, and most importantly, impressing other geeks alike :))

I haven't reached the capacity for my wetware storage for music yet. Until then I really don't have a pressing need for an iPOD or equivalent.

Muppie, your business is clearly starting to do very well! :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

muppie

congrats on your purchase. Sim is right - i enjoy saying the opposite. I guess all these gadgets can be useful. in truth i will admit to getting stressed if i have too many gadgets. I used to love the stuff and then got overloaded.

You know the feeling when you lose your mobile, or even forget it when you go out............its like youve lost a long lost friend wondering if someone is trying to contact you etc etc........when the truth is nothing is ever THAT urgent.......Its the same with personal organisers - if your life is simple there shouldnt be too much to organise....

wake up
kiss the wife
change daughters nappy
wash hands
eat breakfast
have shower
get dressed
go to work
come home from work
kiss wife
change daughters nappy
wash hands
eat dinner
kiss wife
(sensored)
(sensored)
cuddle
sleep

no need for an organiser

hehe for that reason I normally keep my mobile phone in the car while dancing... it's not comfortable having it bulging out of my pants when dancing with women...

However, I do get dependent on it to remember phone numbers for me and use it as alarm clock and reminders, e.g. bookkeeping on 12th of April 9:30 - no way I can remember that long myself.

Somehow I don't think you need to remind yourself to the stuff you listed there.. but those that you don't list... e.g. renew car rego, renew this and that, etc... things that don't happen often enough to be your routine.

I have resisted getting a PDA simply because I don't think I need it. Heck my mobile phone is much more advanced than most organisers 3 years ago anyway.

Acey: What is a wetware? wares you can use when you're wet? or wares that can wet yourself...

Wikipedia definition of wetware

Funny reading this thread right now, I just watched episode 7 of Battlestar Galactica and Starbuck was ridiculing one of the "new" cylons about his "software", and I said to my wife... "more like wetware" and then explained to her what wetware is.

Actually, on the topic of Battlestar, what about that cylon fighter ship they captured. One big mess o' wetware inside that thing.

OK I will stop now ;)

Back