Diet shakes

LOL Marc,

It is not quite that easy! I do the next best thing and use the treadmill while watching the biggest loser! :)
Woe is me when the season ends! ;)

All I can say is that since I gave up sex in preference for food, I can't even get into my own pants.

Seriously though. Healthy eating and lots and lots of excercise.

So how do I look so young? A complete vegetable diet, 12 hours sleep a night and lots and lots of makeup. - Truman Capote.

Project 1080

The project 10 IPs in 80 mths.

LOL Marc,

It is not quite that easy! I do the next best thing and use the treadmill while watching the biggest loser! :)
Woe is me when the season ends! ;)

Love your work!

I'm normally sittin' on the couch suckin' a chardy when I watch it. :eek:

Bummer that Nathan got evicted, huh?

Hven't they all lost some weight? Great stuff!

Hey, I just had another thought; how would it be if you could watch "Biggest Loser" (and I do - love it), and could arrange to lose weight just by watching it?

Ha Ha ..If only

Just remember; Life is unsure, so always eat your dessert first.

LOL Marc!

That's exactly what I used to do only I preferred a nice semillon sav blanc - only trouble is that is precisely why I now need to excercise through the show in order to lose weight instead.... well maybe that and all the time I spend sitting on my but reading SS. Now if I can just find a way to make sure my laptop will only load SS when it is mounted to the treadmill...;) :D

simple,
eat right 5-6 times a day,
drink 2-4 liters of water
do HIIT cardi eg - 5min walking warm up, 2 min job 1 min sprint, 2 min jog 1 min sprint. repeat for about 30min then 5 min walking warm down.

Somthing like this will cause a good habit which u will do for life. shakes wont get u results in the long run

I lost almost 25kg in about 8 months a few years ago, and didn't find it that hard. Wanna know my secret? Read on.

I did a bunch of research and came up with some simple principles to follow:
1) Fill up on vegetables. Eat a variety. Consume as much vegetable matter as you want.
2) Drink lots of water (at least 2 litres per day).
3) Avoid sugary and/or fatty food (see point 1), and minimise bread.
4) Walk an hour a day, and do some form of strength exercises (I did some bodyweight exercises, such as situps, chinups, pushups, etc).
5) Avoid alcohol.

Watch the fat fall off.

I also started to guesstimate kilojoules, and found this to be useful, but it's not really necessary.

I spent $0 on nutritionists, dieticians, doctors, gyms, equipment and special foods.

Whilst not a diet shake I have an up and go every morning.

To me it is a time thing + I like up and go's! I can drink it whilst I am getting dressed and out the door 15min earlier = 15 min more sleep!

Have done the shakes before but now I just have an up & go for breakie. Cooked unsalted nuts at work for snacks, healthy for lunch + a well rounded dinner. Maybe dessert but if I do it is low fat.

Cheers

Ben

P.S by eating healthy (no exercise unfortunately) I have lost ~ 4kg in the last 6-8 weeks. Whilst not TV worthy losses it isnt off a TV worthy base and is sustainable.

I lost almost 25kg in about 8 months a few years ago, and didn't find it that hard. Wanna know my secret? Read on.

1) Fill up on vegetables. Eat a variety. Consume as much vegetable matter as you want.
4) Walk an hour a day, and do some form of strength exercises (I did some bodyweight exercises, such as situps, chinups, pushups, etc).
5) Avoid alcohol.

Watch the fat fall off.

I also started to guesstimate kilojoules, and found this to be useful, but it's not really necessary.

I spent $0 on nutritionists, dieticians, doctors, gyms, equipment and special foods.

Kudos+++ Berlina. You have nailed it. The principles you used are right on the money and in order of priority.

The only principle I'd add for some who struggle is to ensure you get enough sleep, preferrably in bed by 10.00pm for day workers. This prevents stressing the adrenals and using tomorrow's blood sugar reserves.

5) Avoid alcohol.

Watch the fat fall off.

No.5 is a problem. :D

Last edited:
Kudos+++ Berlina. You have nailed it. The principles you used are right on the money and in order of priority.

The only principle I'd add for some who struggle is to ensure you get enough sleep, preferrably in bed by 10.00pm for day workers. This prevents stressing the adrenals and using tomorrow's blood sugar reserves.

Cheers. I hadn't thought much about the sleep thing, as it's not something I've ever had a problem with.

As for alcohol, well, moderation is the key.

alcohol makes controlling weight most difficult for me.

If I have one drink, I usually like a 2nd,3rd, and 4th...:rolleyes:
rarely a 5th though.

and every 150ml glass of wine requires 20 mins of brisk walking for a bloke my size to burn off. obviously a losing battle.

I think my alcohol appetite has a lot to do with not drinking enough water through the day (or not eating more slow absorbed Calories through the day), and getting home blood sugary and dehydrated.

when I am more disciplined, the alcohol craving isn't there as strongly.

I think my alcohol appetite has a lot to do with not drinking enough water through the day (or not eating more slow absorbed Calories through the day), and getting home blood sugary and dehydrated.

Humour me on this: try drinking half a litre of water as soon as you get home, then don't consume anything else for at least 20 min.

See if you feel different.

Berlina, you are absolutely right. and that 1/2 litre of water works at any time of the day to quell my hunger.

And I find if I have afternoon tea (even a fruit, 10g of nuts (6 nuts :rolleyes:), water, and a cuppa), I get home less binge-y.

The other thing that makes a diff to me is staying calm. I admit to a bit/lot of obsessive compulsive behaviour, and if I don't discipline myself, blood sugar is less stable.....too much reading, arguing with permabulls on Somersoft :) , can do it.

Back