Election: Which way will it go?

Who will win the election

• Labor Party

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Liberal Party

Votes: 55 83.3%
  • Other: Greens?! Minority Govt situation etc.

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if whoever loses will hang around in politics. I cant see Abbott sticking around for another term after he has lost twice and surely Rudd wouldnt try for a third crack at being pm.

I wonder if whoever loses will hang around in politics. I cant see Abbott sticking around for another term after he has lost twice and surely Rudd wouldnt try for a third crack at being pm.

Given the awesome retirement benefits they get, i wouldnt either

Rudd wont stick around because he wont be welcome by his party.

I assure you Bill Shorten will become the new leader of the opposition before 2016

Beattie could be the interim whipping boy leader like Brendon Nelson was but BS will be the leader when it counts.

Dont you , dont you, worrry about that!

Last election a friend of mind got on photoshop and created a promotional banner for his cat to run.

The caption read, "Vote Montie".

The photo was of a fluffy white cat licking its a**.

I still think it will be an Abbott victory, but with a smaller majority than it would have been if Gillard was still Labor leader.

I see the liberal negativity smear campaign has started on mainstream media.

I would take political parties much more seriously if their ad campaigns were based around their strategy and vision for the nation and not just how crap they say the other party is.

Which is why I cant take abbott seriously - as smart as the guy is, all you ever hear him saying is negativity negativity labor sucks negativity

Yeah but on the other hand, all you ever hear from Labor is how negative Abbott is:). That's pretty negative.

In the battle of negativity, the winner simply depends on which side of the fence you sit on.

I was wrong last time

We had a similar question back in 2010, pretty sure I was wrong in my guess then. Seem to be wrong in lots of my guesses about Oz population, maybe I'm abnormal?:rolleyes:

Cheers
Graeme

He's not getting much media (at least in bne) since the campaign proper started. Is it him or is the media not giving him coverage?

Maybe next time MrRudd-Mr Abbott have another debate they let MrPalmer
stand in the same row,both of them would not know how to handle someone like that..imho..

This is a denial of democracy and seeks to limit the choices of all Australians.

Maybe next time MrRudd-Mr Abbott have another debate they let MrPalmer
stand in the same row,both of them would not know how to handle someone like that..imho..

This is a denial of democracy and seeks to limit the choices of all Australians.

Palmer's got about the same chance as I have of becoming PM and therefore is irrelevant in a debate of potential PM's. Tony and Kevin would wipe the floor with him.

If it's a denial of democracy then you'd need to put Milne and Katter on the bill.

Palmer's got about the same chance as I have of becoming PM and therefore is irrelevant in a debate of potential PM's. Tony and Kevin would wipe the floor with him.

If it's a denial of democracy then you'd need to put Milne and Katter on the bill.
Well get them all in the line-up no one is innocent,but I bet one would know a lot more about the what we did with the China Boom from 2003 up till yesterday,that's why they have menus at takeawy shops we are all different..

......plus the leader of every other party.

It'll be just like parliament.

Q&A last night was fun watching the Brant and Wong going at each other. Therein lies the whole problem with the last three years. Like any good marriage, looks like they'll be off to see their lawyers next. :D

Well, I just went to the Palmer United Party website to check out their policies. They are as follows:

Party Officials should not be Lobbyists, thereby taking a strong position on Paid Political Lobbyists, saving tax payers dollars and introducing Fair Policies

Abolish the Carbon Tax

Revising the current Australian Government’s Refugee Policy to ensure Australia is protected and refugees are given opportunities for a better future and lifestyle

Creating Mineral Wealth to continuously contribute to the welfare of the Australian community. This will be achieved by utilising mineral resources from Queensland and Western Australia, and incentives from the Commonwealth of Australia to establish downstream processing in the States of Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia; and exporting products at a higher dollar value, thereby creating more revenue, jobs, tax and more facilities.

Establishing a System where people create wealth in various parts of the country and for that wealth to flow back to the Community that generates the wealth. For example, if a particular region creates wealth, a significant percentage of that wealth should go back to the region.

That's it - end of story. There are no other policies, no detail about how the above aims are to be achieved, no costings, nothing. No detail about health, education, defence, NBN, etc etc etc. There is a national policy document but it's just full of motherhood statements about "bringing people together". No substantive policies at all. At least the Greens have a long list of publications detailing their policies so you can have a crack at them. Here, there is pretty much nothing at all to either vote for or against.

And they wonder why nobody takes them seriously??? :confused:

Well get them all in the line-up no one is innocent,but I bet one would know a lot more about the what we did with the China Boom from 2003 up till yesterday,that's why they have menus at takeawy shops we are all different..

ok. So under your debate we would have Tony, Rudd, Milne, Katter, Palmer - We're up to 5 there.

How about the leaders of the sex party, free marijuana party, National party, DLP, Family first, One Nation, Stable Population party, and CDP? That's another 9 of the most popular minor parties. Why should leaders of the minor, minor minor parties miss out?

How would you suggest a debate is organised between 14 different leaders? Mud wrestling? Perhaps jelly?

A leaders debate is about potential PMs debating. There are only two potential PMs - Kevin or Tony.

Back