Whitewash election?

most of them side with labor though.

i can't see greens working together with LNP (unless LNP goes insane and reverses their crucial policies)

I don't know. It's going to be an interesting senate. Palmer United party, Greens, Liberal Democrats, Xenophon. Maybe the people have decided to deny the Libs a mandate.
The new senators will be there from July next year

Last edited:
Wasn't a whitewash in Qld. Trying to figure out whether it was loyalty to fellow Qlder Rudd, or having lived under a Lib gov with no effective opposition for a year now. It was funny cause Qld Premier Campbell Newman was kept right out of the picture by the LNP during the campaign. I recall seeing him on 1 occasion on the TV regarding the Federal election in the last month.

Most people wanted a new government with stability. Did the media have a role in disruption of this? Someone said Rupert was very anti NBN due to the impact it would have on his business interests.
Rupert ain't his father-that's for sure.

Never mind, I found the links.

See: Wikipedia...

Yes he did lead the 3 major polls......but look what happens around the middle of 2010 (an election year, remember).....

His ratings started to sink like the Titanic....

Enter stage left the ALP Powerbrokers....

They didn't think he was going to be re-elected. And the evidence would tend to suggest that as well.

Like I said, nearly every single one for 3 years. And after a couple of negative ones, they all headed back up again before the coup and pointed to a clear election victory for Kev prior to JG.

I don't know. It's going to be an interesting senate. Palmer United party, Greens, Liberal Democrats, Xenophon. Maybe the people have decided to deny the Libs a mandate.
The new senators will be there from July next year

The new senate is going to be interesting. I am loathe to see a rubber stamp senate for any party. But an obstructionist senate is nearly as bad for the country.

The New minor parties tend to be right wing and libertarian. Which is going to add an interesting dynamic.

I don't try and hide the fact that I'm socially very left. And I think the results show a gap in the political market for the democrats mk2. Socially left, but much more economically pragmatic than the greens.

Like I said, nearly every single one for 3 years. And after a couple of negative ones, they all headed back up again before the coup and pointed to a clear election victory for Kev prior to JG.

I think "clear election victory" is a case of rose coloured glasses for all but the most ardent of Rudd fans.

So I guess we will have to disagree on that because personally I think he would have been toast in 2010 for any number of reasons (as the power-brokers in the ALP clearly expected) - including, lets not forget, the death of several tradesmen as a result of his botched Home Insulation Scheme.

All we know for certain is that when the Australian public were first given the chance to vote him out of office - they grabbed it with both hands.

Good riddance to, imo, the most over-hyped PM since Gough.

Back