fat burning diet

Instead of going on a diet cutting out this and that, i think its healthier to just change your daily diet to include better foods with less junk, whilst upping any exercise programs you have.

I had a friend that cut out carbs and ate a lot less. Now hes lost 20+kg, has loose flabby skin around his arms, and barely no muscle mass at all. My wrist is as big as his bicep basically! Starving yourself forces you to lose weight yes, but not from the areas you want.

oh and if anybody ever tells you,

1. fat turns to muscle,

or

2. its easier to put on muscle if you are fat vs skinny

they are completely full of it, totally different things, but it can seem that way due to having a high calorie/protein diet when you are have a fatter lifestyle

Is there a fat burning diet , if so what is a typical week ???????

I cant give you any personalised advice without knowing what you actually eat, but generally people have a protein and fat deficiency in their diet.

Usually higher dietary fat means lower body fat (unless youre eating extreme amounts).

The most generalised advice I can give is eat more fat, drink more water, cut out sugar, caffeine and alcohol.

Feel free to PM for anything more specific

This is entirely incorrect

Sorry, you partially right.

I should have said, without AAS or GH, any constant calorie deficit diet below adjusted maintenance caloric requirements, will lead to fat loss.
Active or sedentary, fat will eventually go when on a continually adjusted deficit.

Sorry, you partially right.

I should have said, without AAS or GH, any constant calorie deficit diet below adjusted maintenance caloric requirements, will lead to fat loss.
Active or sedentary, fat will eventually go when on a continually adjusted deficit.

I can increase my calories, but drop carbs and lose weight

I can decrease my calories, but increase carbs and gain weight.

It is also pretty common to use stimulants to lose weight without changing diet.

I dont think many on here would consider AAS or gH

I can decrease my calories, but increase carbs and gain weight.

Please explain ?

Without manipulating an increased caloric requirement through increased activity level, how are you going to gain weight by eating less than your maintenance calories?

Where is this magical energy source/calorie excess coming from?

Please explain ?

Without manipulating an increased caloric requirement through increased activity level, how are you going to gain weight by eating less than your maintenance calories?

Where is this magical energy source/calorie excess coming from?

The concept of maintenance of body composition being determined only by cals in vs cals out would only work if you were only composed of 1 thing.

You are of course comprised of muscle, fat, organs, bones and a nervous system.

The amount of fat you store is determined by your hormones, not your total calories.

Your hormones are governed by your genetics, lifestyle and diet.

Assuming "weight" actually means fat, if I increase my protein and dietary fat and decrease carbs, my body will go into a state that is more likely to store less fat, even though my calories have gone up.

If I decrease my total calories, but increase carbs, I will most likely increase body fat.

Your final question is incoherent.

I suppose everyone has to work it out for themselves.

Personally, I can increase my carbs and lose weight/fat.
And I can cut out most carbs and gain weight.
These are the opposite of what you are saying.

I got lazy with my diet once and ate Maccas, Pizza Hut and KFC at least twice daily for one month, didn't exercise and lost fat, my muscle definition improved considerably, obviously lost some muscle too.
Didn't get a DEXA, but know from experience.

I'll I can say is that in the end, the only thing that mattered was the total calories consumed at the end of the day.
But everybody is different, or some just don't know how to count accurately.

I got lazy with my diet once and ate Maccas, Pizza Hut and KFC at least twice daily for one month, didn't exercise and lost fat, my muscle definition improved considerably, obviously lost some muscle too.
Didn't get a DEXA, but know from experience.

You can have a positive outcome for body composition from eating junk food if it fits your macros

I went to the doctor other day for my annual checkup. I was told I should gain 5 lbs. Also got a tetnus/whooping vaccination.

I keep forgetting to eat lunch !!!

Sure, any endurance athlete will be a stick figure.
But why would you want to look like you will blow over in a strong gust of wind?
Ever seen any fat sprinters, that's a better example.
You can always stop running when you reach the weight you want to reach.

Sprinters are also pretty lean, but more muscular for explosive speed etc.

Different training from long distance.

In a nutshell; run a lot - and don't eat cr@p, will do it.

Easy (not). :)

You can always stop running when you reach the weight you want to reach.

Sprinters are also pretty lean, but more muscular for explosive speed etc.

Different training from long distance.

In a nutshell; run a lot - and don't eat cr@p, will do it.

Easy (not). :)

That was my point about the sprinters.
Why waste time running for long periods at low intensity, when you can spend a lot less time running higher intinsity for shorter periods and get much better results?

Diet can be the same for both but body comp will be better with sprinting.

Who wants to do boring cardio?

That was my point about the sprinters.
Why waste time running for long periods at low intensity, when you can spend a lot less time running higher intinsity for shorter periods and get much better results?

Diet can be the same for both but body comp will be better with sprinting.

Who wants to do boring cardio?
I like the theory.

Only one flaw; the majority of folk who need to go running to lose weight are struggling to even break into a fast walk - let alone a sprint for a prolonged period to do any good.

I see 'em all the time on our foreshore; beached whales wandering along at the speed of snail.

At least they're out there; it's a start.

I would recommend they start with the very fast walk - instead of the lazy stroll around the block looking at the butterflies while the dog takes a dump on the neighbors' lawn - then progress to a light jog, then onto the semi-heart-pump distance run, then on to the Hussein Bolt shazoom.

Back