Frugal Living Ideas

Have you tried turning the leftovers into a completely different meal?

yesterday, as a quick lunch we had manwich burgers.
Today I used the leftover meatsauce and incorporated it into a baked bean casserole. If there are any leftover tomorrow, it will probably go into a chili.

Kathryn
The thing is I could do this but no one will eat it not even my dogs. Freezing stuff doesn't work either, I just don't have the room and same issue no one will eat it. I am thinking just cut down on quantity, just make enough for one meal, I know its not best way to maximise my time, but still only thing I can think of. Just sick of wasting food.

Kathryn
The thing is I could do this but no one will eat it not even my dogs. Freezing stuff doesn't work either, I just don't have the room and same issue no one will eat it. I am thinking just cut down on quantity, just make enough for one meal, I know its not best way to maximise my time, but still only thing I can think of. Just sick of wasting food.

I understand.
Because it is just the 2 of us now, many times I cook just enough so there isn't any leftovers.

When I buy chicken breasts, chops,steaks, ground mince etc, I separate them into single meals sizes and then freeze the rest,to cook another day.

Kathryn

Make small meals. Anyone still hungry? Make a sandwich or toast, cereal or porridge, piece of fruit.

All meals get eaten, and if you need a top-up, then go for a staple.

pinkboy

My work pants are from the Salvos..... :eek:

Before everyone starts making assumptions:

- They are brand new factory seconds with some very minor defects usually stitching was incomplete in one section so they had to restitch

- my workplace is not "suit and tie" (can be required to carry machines etc)

The Y-man
No need to justify it really, Y-man.

I buy black jeans etc on special for work - last 2 pairs were $19 each.

I got some Yakka pants on special at Bunnings a few months ago - $9 per pair.

I have a few pairs of $4 shoes I picked up at Kmart and BigW.

Did I just win the frugal apparel game? I believe I did :D

I have a few pairs of $4 shoes I picked up at Kmart and BigW.

Did I just win the frugal apparel game? I believe I did :D

Yes you did :)....and I feel so ripped off I paid $12 at Kmart for my comfy flats and I thought that was a steal

Another way of saving money - education.... what about buying/renting in catchment area which has excellent public schools, just think about the $ you could save each year on your children's education???? Private schools could cost as much as 12-14K pa and more uniforms, excursions etc....

I have a few sizes available Marc in blue Yacca trousers,still packaged,$5 free postage,just for you.I also have a few work shirts also.PM size if your interested.

Another way of saving money - education.... what about buying/renting in catchment area which has excellent public schools, just think about the $ you could save each year on your children's education???? Private schools could cost as much as 12-14K pa and more uniforms, excursions etc....

False economy (the thought that living near a supposedly excellent public school wont cost more anyway)

or

Why are you even counting the cost on your kids education - it is an investment in their future.

Take your pick.

Don't buy bottled water. What a waste of money!

I agree!! but I buy the $8 for 24 bottles of water for convenience, and to pollute the earth of plastic bottles

at 33c per bottle, im willing to pay for the convience, however I cringe at teh $2-$4 they charge for a 600ml at the convenience store

I agree!! but I buy the $8 for 24 bottles of water for convenience, and to pollute the earth of plastic bottles

at 33c per bottle, im willing to pay for the convience, however I cringe at teh $2-$4 they charge for a 600ml at the convenience store

Does your tap at home or workplace not function? You are already paying for water through your rates. And, yes we do not need more plastic in the environment. Drink from a glass not a plastic bottle.

Dude,haven't you seen the link on plastic bottles for lighting?

I'm sure you could utilize this in your IP's ;)

Ps.No dig intended :)

no! I better have a look at it, no more Light fixtures for my ips.....whopppeee

Does your tap at home or workplace not function? You are already paying for water through your rates. And, yes we do not need more plastic in the environment. Drink from a glass not a plastic bottle.

I see your point:)

but I think bottled water tastes better then tap water......and im no water snob

Back