welfare vs frugal

I think we need to get people back to work, and providing for their own families.

When given the chance, I think most people want to be self sufficient.
Kath, I - like you - want the world to be perfect and people to be decent and useful to their community, show some pride respect and class..

But, life has shown me that there is a decent sized element of folk who simply do not want to pull their weight....

The bloke with the "bad back" who can't work anymore, yet can still manage to play golf 3 days per week...

The girl who accidentally manages to have 4 or 5 kids under the age of 8 and amazingly can't keep a boyfriend/husband....

The over-qualified 30 year old Uni student who cannot find any sort of work, any where...at all.

And so on.

But, life has shown me that there is a decent sized element of folk who simply do not want to pull their weight....

The bloke with the "bad back" who can't work anymore, yet can still manage to play golf 3 days per week...

The girl who accidentally manages to have 4 or 5 kids under the age of 8 and amazingly can't keep a boyfriend/husband....

The over-qualified 30 year old Uni student who cannot find any sort of work, any where...at all.

And so on.

Take away social security payments and these folk will be forced to work.

In Asia, there are surprisingly rare examples of the above.

Take away social security payments and these folk will be forced to work.

In Asia, there are surprisingly rare examples of the above.

I agree China and bayview.

It just continues to get worse.
Most of it is laziness, pure and simple.
They get a taste of the free lunch, and don't want to change.

At one time, even seasonal workers here in Canada, had different types of jobs. They would log/cut wood in the winter and farm in summer.

Fishermen would make enough during the season, to live the rest of the year.

Now they work 20 weeks a year and collect Employment Insurance payments for the rest...and work under the table, tax free.

Back