Got new puppy!

Hi!

I have quite a strange story to tell really.
Last Friday, I received an email that had been passed around locally about a lost old dog. We decided that we'd take a look and were very excited about meeting him the next day. The people who had possession of him told us that he wasn't the prettiest of dogs and that they would be willing to go halves in the vet bills. I didn't mind about his looks and just thought these guys didn't know much about dogs if they were talking about vet bills.

So, they bought him out on the Saturday and geez.. He really is worse than I thought he would be. Someone had never looked after him and he had giant callouses on his behind, to the point of these things were 10cm round and wide.. He had a terrible flea problem, missing teeth, a giant cist hanging off him and his front paw had been cut to the point of one of his foot pads was now on the top of his foot.. We decided that he was just too much for us to take on and were quite deflated after they left.. (Turns out those people have grown attached and have decided to do whatever it takes so good news!)

We began trawling through the net and found a new addition to our Family, a Kelpie Pup, our FAVOURITE dog breed :) We also have another Kelpie I've had since I was 18 years old. Shes now 14 and theres no other dog breed we love as much as the Kelpie. I've always had a love for them. We've been thinking about getting another Dog for a long time now, but this is the prompt we needed to do so.

Shes an extremely smart pup and instinctively rounds up the chickens in the yard when they come toward the verandah, which is great cause we don't like them shitting on the pattio. And she sleeps well at night and has settled in just great. We look forward to years of joy to come.

Just had to share, thanks for listening!

Thanks Lizzie

I wanted to give her a ride on the ride on mower yesterday but she went nuts as soon as I started it up, too loud for her. Our other Kelpie has always had an instinctual 'problem'>? with bikes, skateboards and mowers and she will still chase the ride on literally until she drops dead so I only let her follow for a couple of minutes max these days, then she sits inside and barks when she spots me (so my Wife tells me.. :()

Shes mellowed out alot these days and is getting a bit stiff in the rear so we are careful with her. Shes just happy with a slow walk around the property and wanders whenever she likes, which is very different to the Pup, I didn't realise how much so until we got her, it's that gradual aging thats just so slow you don't tend to notice.

And to anyone considering getting a Kelpie, I can say that they do require mental stimulation thats preferrably paired together with physical work. But as some top breeders will tell you, they're also happy at most loving homes even with a smaller yard. As long as thye are looked after and treated well.

They will NOT tolerate a Family/pack that does not ackgnowledge them, ie: you cannot just let your dog sit outside and lead a seperate life. This is by far the worst thing you can do to many dogs but especially the Kelpie. These dogs thrive on being together with you. There are even breeders who are happy to sell stock to loving Families in CBD locations but will not sell to a farm running 1000000 acres because the 'love' is not there. These are the good breeders, others refuse to do this and will sell to anyone with a farm, regardless of how they treat their animals. You tell me which is right.

Hmm... Lets try that again hey.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 123
  • mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 116
very cute love kelpies such nice dogs.

My wife went for a massage once and came home with a large long haired golden retriever we already had a large Labrador so I wasn't keen to keep it but it did grow on me. The couple had broken up and were going to get the dog put down so the massage lady said she would keep it but she already had 2 of them. We had the dog for 4 or 5 days and gave it to a family we knew who wanted a dog she is one pampered pooch these days.

We had a scum tenant abandon her cat. She moved Tuesday night, but left the cat in her apt..and hasn't been back.

because we had another tenant moving in, the next day, we knew quickly.

Our supers asked one the better tenants in the building id she took care for it, until we made arrangements with the SPCA. We asked if she could keep it.

Our scum tenant,will be donating money for litter and food via her bond, as a thank you.

This is the 6th cat we have had to rescue this way.
two ended up living in our house

... 10 years ago I popped into the RSPCA on my way past ... later that day rang hubby to thank him for my birthday present ... :D

Back