Halloween

Like @#$%!!! I've got a bucket of rocks inside the front door to chuck at anyone who even thinks about knocking!!

***The rocks are normally there for the FN Mormons!!

Ian.

Took my 10 year old son and one of his mates out T&T'ing on Halloween...

They did OK; got a few lollies and such like.

Had one old lady abuse them for knocking on her door at dinner time.

Old people.....faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark.

Sorry to hear the young fellas cop it from the old dear, but it just goes to show that not everyone subscribes to these things, yes she could have said it more pleasantly due to the kids ages.

I remember doing door knocks for sponsorship in a walkathon in primary school; went to one house and this bloke bawled the daylights out of me for daring to ask for money........scared me $h1tless and I never went door knocking again.

***I haven't really got rocks by the door - its 20mm gravel :D

You're suggesting retailers made it up

:confused::p

haha - of course not. It is an old pagan ritual.

I'm just saying that it is pushed and perpetuated by the retail industry. For something that's been around for thousands of years - and celebrated by a few druids - it now seems to be in your face everywhere thanks to consumerism.

Don't you notice the shop displays?

Christmas ... Australia Day ... Easter ... Mother's Day ... etc with barely a day in between for the changeover. We had a long gap between father's day in September and Christmas in December, so why not push another reason to spend?

we are out camping, so for Halloween night we spent it camped in a country Victorian cemetary, fun.

sent from sunny Tennant Creek(42), still camping

Back