Hidden GoPro camera reveals what it's like to walk through NYC as a woman.

Watch the video. There are IMHO very few nasty incidents.

Even the creepy guy was pretty mild: the girl should have walked away much earlier but probably kept going just for the camera.

She WAS walking away. How could she have walked away differently? He was following her...

it seems to me that many of those people "live" on the streets: that is, the street is part of their living space.

If somebody walked through your house, and you said hello, are you harassing them?

That last idea just doesn't make any sense. Do you think they wouldn't behave the same way if an attractive black woman was walking through "their house". Wouldn't it also be "her house"?

it seems to me that many of those people "live" on the streets: that is, the street is part of their living space.

If somebody walked through your house, and you said hello, are you harassing them?

The fact that they are comfortable 'on the streets' shouldn't transfer to 'this is my house'. What about respecting people's personal boundaries?

Some of them were not just saying 'hello'.

It's about some men having the attitude: ' We don't want to hear about how you feel about the way we treat you. We choose to treat you like this, and you better like it or else ... '

Back