Horror Tenant

How are you going with this jenny?? How many days to go now??

I agree with staying ontop of your Property manager to follow this through till the final harrah!! If they aren't up to it.....NOW is the time to find someone willing to take this on and see it through as quickly as possible. The longer you leave it the worse it will get.

But my advice is, get your PM to do all your dirty work/their job and to do everything by the book. You dont want to give this woman a leg to stand on.

if you can see her from your place, then...

Attachments

• sniper.jpg
    sniper.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 91
How are you going with this jenny?? How many days to go now??I agree with staying ontop of your Property manager to follow this through till the final harrah!! If they aren't up to it.....NOW is the time to find someone willing to take this on and see it through as quickly as possible. The longer you leave it the worse it will get.

But my advice is, get your PM to do all your dirty work/their job and to do ev.

erything by the book. You dont want to give this woman a leg to stand on.

Well, it has taken a different turn for the worse. She was five weeks behind in her rent and the housing department paid her back rent.

A man came banging on their door at about ten thirty at night and she called the police and told them I was banging on her door!

They did not answer the door when the man was banging on it and calling out to them. Waited until he went and then were screaming at me for banging on their door.

The police came and questioned me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe it?

I am small and sixty three years old, she has convictions for violence, she lives with a tatooed, long haired bikie and she called the police because they were frightened of me???????

What do you do?

she lives with a tatooed, long haired bikie

...sounds awesome, I wonder if he has one of those really cool new Fat Bobs with the 15" wide rear tyre with the apehanger bars. He'd have to change out the standard exhaust pipes for some proper Screamin' Eagles or maybe some top of the line Vance and Hynes....you'd definitiely hear them comin' up the street Jenny.

Jenny,
You are going to need to get her out now.Being late in her rent doesn't matter now. Ask for an emergency hearing because she has turned aggressive and you are living in fear.
Get you PM to take care of this NOW. If the PM can't do it, go to their boss.

Go to the police and lay charges, or at least have them put your statement on file.
You have kept a diary of her behavior. It has been recored on SS.Print it off, or at leat write it down and present it to the police.

Then use this timeline/diary and give a copy to the PM and ask them to use it in the Tribunal hearing.

...sounds awesome, I wonder if he has one of those really cool new Fat Bobs with the 15" wide rear tyre with the apehanger bars. He'd have to change out the standard exhaust pipes for some proper Screamin' Eagles or maybe some top of the line Vance and Hynes....you'd definitiely hear them comin' up the street Jenny.

Nope. He is more of a pretend bikie. Gets all the tats, but doesn't even own a bike. But, as she has told me (not he), they have many bikie friends who, if they called, would sort me out.

Jenny,
You are going to need to get her out now.Being late in her rent doesn't matter now. Ask for an emergency hearing because she has turned aggressive and you are living in fear.
Get you PM to take care of this NOW. If the PM can't do it, go to their boss.

Go to the police and lay charges, or at least have them put your statement on file.
You have kept a diary of her behavior. It has been recored on SS.Print it off, or at leat write it down and present it to the police.

Then use this timeline/diary and give a copy to the PM and ask them to use it in the Tribunal hearing.

I have been to the police and the best advice they could give me was to move out until she left. Or get a family member to stay with me. They also advised me to secure my property with regard to personal safety and that they were available 24/7, albeit half an hour away.

That would give you great confidence, wouldn't it?

I have been to the police and the best advice they could give me was to move out until she left. Or get a family member to stay with me. They also advised me to secure my property with regard to personal safety and that they were available 24/7, albeit half an hour away.

That would give you great confidence, wouldn't it?

Going to police would most likely be for the Tribunal.They will ask if you have been to the police.If you say no, they will think you are not really concerned.

Police are very useless when it comes to these matters..no matter where you live in the world.They always think of it as a Tenancy issue.

When does her lease end?
Are you/PM required to give any notice to her you are not renewing? If so, has that paperwork been done?

Report the person , who you think is quite unstable, to the police and be forceful when informing them of their arson intentoin but very polite and sincere
If you are verbally abused then again you need to report this to the police as well and follow up if no action is taken.
If you are fearful of this person then ignoring it wont help you
A visit in uniform may tend to focus the mind.

Jenny,
what is the situation now regarding your tenant moving out. The notice for her to vacate I took as being because she was behind on the rent.

I dont know what they are called but to the best of my knowledge there are different notices to vacate:

One for when they are behind in the rent, and if they pay up, the notice is no longer valid and

one for when you want them to vacate, with the reason that you want to do major maintenance, move a relative in etc .

My point is has she been given another notice to vacate, not based on the fact that she is behind in the rent?

The longer you leave this, the longer its going to drag on. Its not going to end well no matter how you go about it.

Also if that PM of yours is soft, get another one NOW because I suspect you will need to go to the tribunal to either get her out or get her to pay for damage, and you want a PM who is experienced and a b**ch. Honestly, a young timid dollybird PM (which is what alot of them are) is NOT what you need right now.

I know of one PM business in Newcastle who only do property management and who have several experienced PMs who work there. I'm nor sure if they will go as far as Port Stephens but its worth asking. They can take over the pm of your property without any hassle for you and deal with this tenant in the way she needs to be. If you are interested, I can PM you with their phone number. I dont use these PMs as yet but are planning to change over to them soon and have heard good things about them.

On another note, I'm so pleased to see the huge amounts of tax I have paid out in the last few years have helped to pay the rent of people like this..........................do they ever have to pay it back? Does she work?

Back