I'm devastated ring & watch stolen

haha - hubby had a similar several years ago.

was adament he'd lost his wallet on the way home from sydney. couldn't find it anywhere. cancelled and reordered all new cards, licences etc (a real pain) only to find it two weeks later in his top drawer.

Oh the stress!!! I was frantically trying to find our home & contents insurance as I was not sure if it was covered.
We were coming up with all these scenarios of how the car could have been broken into?! Was the car locked? Was one of the doors of my car not closed properly hence not locked?

Then he sent me a message that he had called and filed a police report and threw up. 1/2hr later someone walked past a desk behind him and it was under the desk?! All day people were walking up to him asking him for the time. :p

lizzie - That happened to me once. Cancelled all cards, then I found the darn wallet!

Don't you just love it when you think you've lost your phone, and you find it in your hand?
Or when you're frantically trying to find your sunnies, and they're perched on top of your head?

:)))))

Happens to me all the time.

I'm hopeless

only cancelled cards needlesslly once

but many frantic 5 minutes searching for kepys/wallet - mobile's not so bad, cause you can ring it from your home phone & find it pretty quick lol

Sunnies.. I bought a pair "decent" ones and ws in some shop.. walked off from the aftershave counter etc then I noticed I didn;t have them with me, traced my steps and looked for them aroudn the aftershave counter, lady asks if she can help me, I say I'm looking for my sunnies, I think I might have left them here, she listened then looked at me for 1/2 a second or so before sort of nervously (read almost holding in laughter) "um, the ones on your head"

how embrassment

Hey vincenzo, you liked that one ? Get this, she was real cute too, I didn't know where to look or what to say... oh you idiot John :p

Last edited:
Don't you just love it when you think you've lost your phone, and you find it in your hand?
Or when you're frantically trying to find your sunnies, and they're perched on top of your head?

:)))))

Happens to me all the time.

I thought I lost my keys after leaving a checkout not so long ago. I started getting real frantic - arms full of groceries and holding my purse I returned and asked the checkout lady if she'd seen them. Not only did she look but so did the next customer... till they noticed them dangling off my little pinky in the hand I held my purse. Very embarrassing :eek:.

HAHHAHA Oh yes weg I have done that too. I blamed baby brain.
Pushed my newborn to the car.. begin frantic search for car key. Where is it? Searching in all my pockets, not in my pants, not in my jacket pocket. Dude where's my car key? Oh it's in left pinky finger. *Face*Palm*

But once I lost my car in Chadstone.
Handful of groceries, on the mobile phone, walking towards where I thought my car was. Opps where is it?!? Meanwhile friend on the phone was laughing his head off as I was walking up and down at the Coles carpark. Dude, where's my car? Those groceries were bloody heavy too.

a few years ago, when I had just started a new job, I was in my boss' office, and I noticed an engagement ring on the floor. We were in the middle of a conversation, so I just put it on her desk, assuming she had seen me do it.
A couple of hours later, she was roaming up and down the corridor asking who had found this ring. Turns out it had been lost for over a year.
So, I went back into the office and showed her where I'd found it. I'd move her computer bag to sit down on the chair. So, we took a look around the edges of the computer bag, and found the wedding band which was also lost. They had been in the bag all the time..... don't know how they got there, or how she didn't manage to find them sooner........... but it was definitely a good way to get on-side with a new boss!:D
Pen

My mum was down on holidays with us a couple months ago and was using my car, a little blue Getz. She had gone shopping on her own. We got a phone call -"Your car wont open, I think there is something wrong with the remote." We suggested trying to open it manually...wouldn't work either. So we arranged to drive to the carpark and either try ourselves or pick her up.

Got a phone call 5 minutes later..."its all OK - I was at the wrong car!" - it dawned on her the car she was trying to get into was exactly the same, but had no baby seat and, funnily, in a different place to where she had parked it! Derrrr...she still hasn't lived it down.

One of my mother's cousins has the same name as a very famous bank robber. Many years ago he borrowed a work mate's car and found it in the carpark. The key wouldn't open the door, but he opened it with a bit of wire and the key fit the ignition. He drove it home, noticed there were cigarettes in the car which he thought was funny as the man didn't smoke.

By the time he got home to his wife, he also noticed a baby seat which also was strange and by then, he was thinking he had taken the wrong car. He called the police station opposite the car park and said "Hi.... my name is XXXXX and I think I have stolen a car."

The cop on the end of the phone said to the room of other cops "Hey.... I've got XXXXX on the line, reckons he has stolen a car *laughs*". He obviously thinks it is a prank call.

It took a while for him to convince them what happened. The right car was still sitting in the car park.

When I was younger, I went into the city shopping one Saturday. Got off the train coming home, walked into my street and noticed my car was gone. I walked to the cop station and reported it, then a bit later on I realised that I had driven into the city and not taken the train in. Had to catch the train in then and pick up the car.

Back