Iphone 6

Ditto with my Galaxy S2 - still an awesome phone. If I could buy another one when mine eventually breaks I'd be very happy, but I'll probably be forced to upgrade to the S3!

I'm trying to decide whether to get the 6 or 6+. I use a 4 now and my eyes are getting smaller :D.

My son tells me I am strange in that I tend to hold my iPhone sideways, especially reading websites. It is the best way to cater for my eyesight and things spread over the wider screen.

His partner has the new 6 and it can still be held in one hand, but I think because I'm a woman and therefore tend not to put a phone in my pocket, (mostly use a handbag) and really want to be able to see a bigger screen, I'm going to choose the 6+.

It is the same size as the Galaxy (or those large phones they use on The Block). I use my phone a LOT for searching the net and think I like the 6+.

Anyone here who uses one of the larger phones?

I just moved from a 4S to a Galaxy S5. I am finding the S5 to be HUGE!!! I'm glad I didn't get the note. It's a struggle to use the S5 with one hand.

Loving the phone though, so many features built in, although some are pointless. Loving the S Health, it motivates me to get my minimum number of steps for the day.

Did anyone here line up for hours/days in advance to be one of the first to get one?

I did from 6am on the day outside one of the CBD stores and got iphone 6plus. I was 3rd in line and by 7:30am there were approx 30 people behind me. This was the first time I'd lined up for something but it was a good experience.

Did anyone here line up for hours/days in advance to be one of the first to get one?

Don't be ridiculous, they probably paid someone $500 to wait in line.

Ditto with my Galaxy S2 - still an awesome phone. If I could buy another one when mine eventually breaks I'd be very happy, but I'll probably be forced to upgrade to the S3!

S3 is a great phone and now under $300. Once you go a bigger screen you won't go back.

I just moved from a 4S to a Galaxy S5. I am finding the S5 to be HUGE!!! I'm glad I didn't get the note. It's a struggle to use the S5 with one hand.

Coming from an inferior and tiny phone like the 4S to an S5 must have been a mind blowing experience. You'll get used to the size very quickly.

Coming from an inferior and tiny phone like the 4S to an S5 must have been a mind blowing experience. You'll get used to the size very quickly.

I've got the 4S and even find my wife's 5S annoyingly large in my pocket. Will only ever "upgrade" if this one dies. It is the perfect size for 1 hand operation which for my purposes is the most important feature; assuming it does all the other basics well - which it does.

Anything in the "phablet" size range is comical as a phone IMHO.

It's funny how the iPhone/Android question seems to draw such passion from people. Not necessarily here but elsewhere online people seems to take preferences of phone as a personal insult.

S3 is a great phone and now under $300. Once you go a bigger screen you won't go back.

S3 is definitely a good phone however wouldn't say it was great.

I found that it had battery life issues and was quite unstable at times i.e. crashing whilst on a phone call etc

Also, my screen got smashed and it cost me $300 to repair! :(

S3 is definitely a good phone however wouldn't say it was great.

I found that it had battery life issues and was quite unstable at times i.e. crashing whilst on a phone call etc

Also, my screen got smashed and it cost me $300 to repair! :(

I had my Galaxy Nexus when S3 was out. It was hands down a lot better and cheaper phone than S3.

And, till the time there are other components damaged as well, it should not take more than $150 to fix the screen.

How big is the Galaxy S5? Actual phone and actual screen if you would be happy to measure it for me.

I did from 6am on the day outside one of the CBD stores and got iphone 6plus. I was 3rd in line and by 7:30am there were approx 30 people behind me. This was the first time I'd lined up for something but it was a good experience.

I've tried holding the iPhone 6 and it is so much bigger than my iPhone 4 screen, which I have real issues with. I'm thinking as I'm a woman and don't often put a phone into a pants pocket, I should seriously look at getting the 6+ because more annoying than holding a big phone to make a call, is trying to see a webpage on the small phone I'm using now.

I mostly use my phone sideways with two hands, reading etc, but I don't want to buy the 6+ and think I've just gone a bit too big. I will go into Apple when I am nearby and handle the 6+ and see how it feels.

I've got the 4S and even find my wife's 5S annoyingly large in my pocket. Will only ever "upgrade" if this one dies. It is the perfect size for 1 hand operation which for my purposes is the most important feature; assuming it does all the other basics well - which it does.

Anything in the "phablet" size range is comical as a phone IMHO.

I'm going to have to go in to an Apple store and open up a SS forum page on both new phones, see how they feel and make a decision. The difference in screen size between my 4 and the 6 is impressive. I just don't want to think "should have gone bigger when I'm trying to look something up on the net, which is when the phablet size would be great, e.g. The Block contestants buying online with the large phones would be so much easier than on a smaller one.

I have a iPhone 3 which all the 20-something girls in the office tell me is a dinosaur now. My response: It still works, has no cracked screen, good leather case, and I can still use Internet and make calls, so why change and spend another $800 on buying the latest iphone or samsung

I've tried holding the iPhone 6 and it is so much bigger than my iPhone 4 screen, which I have real issues with. I'm thinking as I'm a woman and don't often put a phone into a pants pocket, I should seriously look at getting the 6+ because more annoying than holding a big phone to make a call, is trying to see a webpage on the small phone I'm using now.

I want a phone I can hold and make calls with against my ear and then put in my pocket. I don't want to have to put a ipad-style size phone in my pants' pockets - I'm a guy

Yet to use an iPhone, apparently I'm not missing much :D

a7KZ2Dq_700b.jpg

Back