Is anybody doing it alone???

Crystal,

If a bloke takes you for half (personally I'd want more for putting up with you :D ) of what you've got, you'd still be well off wouldn't you.

Stop being paranoid and start living. :)

A86

Thanks for the advice.

Just been unlucky so far, I guess.
No offence intended.
I certainly do understand that decent guys exist - I've been on this forum since it started! Better go now and start living!

Cheers,
Crystal

I remember going to some sort of investing night, and as usual I was the only female there by myself. Afterwards a guy came up and asked if I'd like to go out for a coffee. I said I'll just ring my hubby and check, and he was so embarrassed! I have to say, though, that I thought it was an enormously sensible step for him to take - why not try and find a partner who might share his dream of investing? It's got to be a better start than picking someone up in a bar....

Yes, that is a good idea isn't it - says wish-ga who was too shy to go and speak to a nice looking man attending on his own at the last SIG, resolves to be brave next time...hope he is there :eek: .
Hip, hip hooray for us singles attending property evenings!!!

I can see a lot of guys would be interested in attending this one

Acey, I tried to get a thread up and running on this one ages ago since there must be singles interested in property looking to connect/support/encourage eachother. But it seems when the thread is a devoted to asking for contributions from singles people clam up! Human natures <smile> And I felt very silly and slunk away. <tip-toes off>

wish-ga said:
Yes, that is a good idea isn't it - says wish-ga who was too shy to go and speak to a nice looking man attending on his own at the last SIG, resolves to be brave next time...hope he is there :eek: .
Hip, hip hooray for us singles attending property evenings!!!

Acey, I tried to get a thread up and running on this one ages ago since there must be singles interested in property looking to connect/support/encourage eachother. But it seems when the thread is a devoted to asking for contributions from singles people clam up! Human natures <smile> And I felt very silly and slunk away. <tip-toes off>

Hey Wish-Ga ,

I share the view that most single people feel like its shameful and sometimes bad that they choose to live their current lifestyle without a partner and most tend to shy away because they don't want to be singled out as not having a partner.

Let me just say this, I LOVE BEEN A BACHELOR ! I love the fact that I have no emotional attachment which causes grief,heartache and pain. All the positive emotions like Love, faith and desire I recieve from my friends , family and from myself. IMO if you are in a relationship just to feed off the other persons emotions, your relationship is doomed.

The media is constantly feeding all this crap in out heads that, if you don't have a girlfriend/boyfriend you are nothing! you are worthless and frowned upon, you are a bad seed.

WTF??? Why would I want to be in a relationship just for the hell of it? Why would I want to be involved with someone I cant relate too?

Having a partner nowadays is like having a credit card, at first you glance; it seems like a great thing to have, money on tap.
So you go out there and apply to all the banks for one, most of them reject your application, but low and behold one banks accepts! You are estatic! WoW, someone out there loves me, little do you know about the hidden charges and the wooping 15% interest after the honeymoon period of 30 days is over. :p

I am chosing to start my investment journey alone without an intimate partner because I find females tend to distract and mess with my emotions, and we all know emotions and investments DO NOT MIX!

If by chance or by luck I find someone who can relate to me and share my love and passion for life, is down to earth and well educated. (and the list goes on and on and on... :p ) this person will need to accept that I have my own goals and own dreams and if they want to be a part of it, they will have to accept some things which may make things difficult sometime. I don't want to sound like a selfish prick, but thats just the way I feel.

Mind you, I tend to hang-out at places that don't tipically attract inteligent , down to earth girls. So this Lone Female Investors Club might be the way to go! :cool:

Honestly , Girls and money don't mix too well, typically from own my experience and others I know, you can't have both.
You can have either one or the other, or another alternative is to move the Redfern next to Peter 147. LOL

Cheers!

amokk20us said:
Honestly , Girls and money don't mix too well, typically from own my experience and others I know, you can't have both.

Why dont you try children, children and your money DO NOT MIX, they are near enough to mutually exclusive! In fact children are tailor made to extract all resources (money, time, emotional) available to you!

always_learning said:
Why dont you try children, children and your money DO NOT MIX, they are near enough to mutually exclusive! In fact children are tailor made to extract all resources (money, time, emotional) available to you!

Hehehe, Not for another 10 years I hope and hoepfully by then I won't have to worry about the money part, and just devote my time and emotions to my children :p

My post was not intended to offend, just to give the forum a view from a differnt perpective.

I have the upmost respect to the fathers and mothers and the most respect and love will always be for my mother, who has been with me through hell and back :)

Ecogirl said:
snip
if I rely on him to subsidise my mortgages then he will have access to take what I've built up if we do split (no I'm not a pessimist but who knows what may happen down the track)......snip
Ecogirl

Ecogirl
I think you will find that the Family Law Act has adequate protection for mothers. I don't think any ex-husband gets to walk away with much (if indeed he can still walk after these legal processes). :eek:

But of course if you're still worried you could have a pre-nuptial agreement.
Lplate

This recent book by an Australian QC is a worthwhile read:Michael Green

choose to live their current lifestyle without a partner
I am not single because I would prefer it to a relationship. I just happen not to be in a relationship.

Let me just say this, I LOVE BEEN A BACHELOR !
Perhaps why there are women of a corresponding age that are single. :D

The following is not aimed at you Amok, I get the impression you are in your 20s {as you want to wait 10 years or so for kids.}

As an aside an article in the Good Weekend recently included the following exchange recounted by a female in her 30s to a female friend;

He Said "Why don't you have any kids?"
she: "Well...why don't you?"
He: "Oh God I don't want kids yet"
she: "Well, that's why I don't have kids. I keep dating guys like you".

I thought it was interesting.

Buzzlightyear, you are kind. Thanks. :eek: I am trying to be brave.

In regards to the reference to Family Law I believe a prenuptual agreement is not binding in Australia only an indication of intent. And due to the fact that circumstances in a marriage change can be challenged (read: court case for years)

In reference to the fact that father's can't walk away with much. Some dads choose to hide assets or purposely earn under the threshold so they don't have to make contributions for kids.

**** last two comments are due to the fact that my parents spent years on the Family Law Courts. From age 8 to 16 or so, which at that time was 1/2 my life when you think about it. Hence my signature line. Result is that I know more about the Family Law court than I should considering I haven't been married yet :( ****

I am still a hopeless romantic though <blush> :eek: and a GREAT cook. Would love to have someone to make a fuss of soon!!!!!

Wish-ga... you're such a sweety - maybe we are just too picky - but I don't want to lower my standards just yet :D

Thanks Lplate for the info - a pre-nup is a rather pessimistic way to start a marriage I reckon cos yes, I too am a romantic (way too many chick flicks)...

amokk20us
i just thought of this
men are like credit cards - full of fun and potential but you pay more for it down the track than it was really worth

and no I don't believe that cos I love men - most just don't understand how I tick....

so how come we don't have any guys getting up and saying they don't have partners but wish they did - 4 of us chickadees did but the male somersoft popln are rather silent - maybe they're out getting a life :D

Ecogirl

Ecogirl said:
so how come we don't have any guys getting up and saying they don't have partners but wish they did -

Ecogirl

...Cos I have but sometimes wish that I didn't.

regards

I'm still single, live in my own place, can cook and clean.

not really sure why i'm not in a relationship, just never met the right one i guess.
add onto that, for 15 years i was in the navy and spent about 8 years overseas!
i must admit, it would be nice to have some one share the house expenses though :D

cheers all

shaun

shaunwalker said:
i must admit, it would be nice to have some one share the house expenses though :D
shaun
Not to forget the cooking and cleaning too, lol.

Aplologies to eco-girl, wish-ga etc.

Regards
Marty

kissfan said:

I have a cleaner come in twice a week.. she costs $15ph and she does all my washing and ironing at the same time. I pack the dishwasher, she empties it :) My house is generally spotless.. I love a clean house.

Once a week she also does all my Grocery Shopping (I leave a list). I buy LOTS of prepacked salads and cook on a little health grille which goes into the dishwasher twice a week..

Worth considering.. depending on your finances.

kissfan said:

Aplologies to eco-girl, wish-ga etc.

Regards
Marty

Don't apologise Marty; I am sure any girl would be glad to have a guy offer to do the cooking and cleaning <wink> ......... I know that's what you meant right? :D

i envy those of you who have a supportive hubby. my hubby reckons he's supportive, but all i seem to get from him is criticism. he sees this as being constructive, but it is very demoralising when he tells me he's not comfortable with a particular purchase, but cannot/won't say why. how can i answer or ally or discuss with him if there is nothing tangible that is bothering him? if only he said "i am not comfortable because .... and here are some other options ... ". that would be constructive, and i have told him this but seems to make no difference.

he has read jan somers, rich dad poor dad and been to a john burley night session with me.

after another "discussion" the other night about the trusts (he doesn't fully understand them despite reading trust magic) and the latest puchase i wish for us to make that he is against he blurted out that he tells his mates how proud he is of what i do. well - that was the first time i had heard him say that and it meant nothing coming in the middle of arguement.

he's a very intelligent man but his brain is just not wired for the abstract. and he's very happy to spend the profits. i jsut wish he would either be supportive or get out of the way ....

my rant for the day.

Back