Is it time for Frankston?

95 beach st sold before auction. 360k excellent result I think

Good value for sure. However, if one looks hard, it is possible to find brick houses on dual occ blocks selling for less than $300,000. Very few Beachside suburbs can offer the same value. This website is a good guide for recently sold property: http://house.ksou.cn/p.php?q=Frankston,+VIC

I again urge buyers not to over-pay. Plenty of value still abounds if one cares to do the work.

This is the sort of thing I refer to: http://house.ksou.cn/p.php?q=Frankston&sta=vic&id=360144

Although it is just under 600sqm, there is every chance this could qualify as a dual occ site. Pretty good value for $290,000. Whoever bought it could rent it outfor a few years, then demolish and replace the old brick house with two new units.

The best deals in Frankston are the ones where you can retain an older house on a large block and build a new one at the back. These are worth hunting for.

How so? Neeko has one property in Frankston, so there is some credibility there I'll grant. granddad keeps sprouting off figures that he cannot prove even though he's been challenged on it a few times.

Exactly, having one property or two doesn't men you are an expert

Go to an auction in your street where you live and everyone is there having a sticky beak and if its a hot market, everyone suddenly becomes an expert property investor and will talk about the market and what price they paid for it from dusk till dawn

Exactly, having one property or two doesn't men you are an expert

Go to an auction in your street where you live and everyone is there having a sticky beak and if its a hot market, everyone suddenly becomes an expert property investor and will talk about the market and what price they paid for it from dusk till dawn

I'm not saying I'm an expert... Wtf! But I have resided there my whole life though

I didn't realise that everyone had to be an expert! Some are, some aren't - whatever an expert is.
Seems to me there's a bunch of people watching closely to see what happens and enjoying each others' support.
I guess it would help if you had at least one property in the area - or would like to - but not necessary.
Got the wrong thread if you just want to bag people out.

I didn't realise that everyone had to be an expert! Some are, some aren't - whatever an expert is.
Seems to me there's a bunch of people watching closely to see what happens and enjoying each others' support.
I guess it would help if you had at least one property in the area - or would like to - but not necessary.
Got the wrong thread if you just want to bag people out.

Ken oath wattle! Here here!!

Anyway back to topic...

This is the sort of thing I refer to: http://house.ksou.cn/p.php?q=Frankston&sta=vic&id=360144

Although it is just under 600sqm, there is every chance this could qualify as a dual occ site. Pretty good value for $290,000. Whoever bought it could rent it outfor a few years, then demolish and replace the old brick house with two new units.

The best deals in Frankston are the ones where you can retain an older house on a large block and build a new one at the back. These are worth hunting for.

I'd like to point out the days of 300k/600sqm are pretty much over in frankston itself. And I'm pretty dead set on that, developers are in central frankston and the commercial builders have come in to.things are changing!! I can bet my bottom dollar on it! This will pretty much be the last of it here ...http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential%20land-vic-frankston-200845791 i'd also like to point out that position isn't great also!
My advice. If you want 300k/600sqm properties?....Go to frankston north.

Last edited:
I'm not saying I'm an expert... Wtf! But I have resided there my whole life though

I think you know a fair bit about frankston and I will give you credit for it, but fyi living in an area doesnt make you an expert. The suburb I live in ive spent 30 years in it, but I dont know anything about it real estate wise

also, your use of emotive sales language such as "getting in while you can" is no better then a used car sales man, and does your credbility damage

a good suburb or property will sell itself, you dont need to use cheesy sales lines to try and push your agenda what ever it is,

many a poster has tried to do that throgh SS over the years! so you arent the first one

#yawn!

Anyway. The big blocks are in frankston north if people are wanting to develop. Cause that's where the bargains are now peeps.

I'd like to point out the days of 300k/600sqm are pretty much over in frankston itself. And I'm pretty dead set on that, developers are in central frankston and the commercial builders have come in to.things are changing!! I can bet my bottom dollar on it! This will pretty much be the last of it here ...http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential%20land-vic-frankston-200845791 i'd also like to point out that position isn't great also!
My advice. If you want 300k/600sqm properties?....Go to frankston north.

That block is right on the entry to the freeway... bad spot indeed. Would be a pain getting out of that driveway!

That block is right on the entry to the freeway... bad spot indeed. Would be a pain getting out of that driveway!

Young man, try to see the bright side of the deal. This block is bit small...

But location wise, you can easily convince planners for apartments, if the block is around 2000m2. Those pockets of land that individuals scare of building, are good gems to developers..

keep looking...

From my limited experience, for what its worth, there does seem to be a lot of young couples moving into central Frankston.

The couple of Auctions I've been to this year have all been bidding wars(sort of) between young couples.

On Saturday this one sold for $495 K. ( http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-frankston-116902167 )

I think it is very high but also promising for anyone in central Frankston. I wouldn't call it a development by any means but I think it shows that young couples are willing to spend that kind of money to live in Frankston, well central anyway.

What roads form the "golden triangle" in this area?

Come to think of it, 618sqm would still fit two small townhouses or perhaps a duplex townhouse configuration :)
Depends on the depth and width of the block.

Back