Liberal or labor , who's better for property investors ?

Who would be better for property investors ?

• Labor

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Liberal

Votes: 64 90.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On another note. Unemployment for gen y has doubled since 2007.
http://www.news.com.au/business/worklife/gen-y-in-grip-of-unemployment-crisis-as-jobless-rate-soars-centrelink-data-reveals/story-e6frfm9r-1226693093577

As these are the first home buyers, I would suspect that this is having a rather negative impact on the housing market!

I would say them main reason for theses figures (besides the GFC) are:
  • Difficult and archaic workplace laws
  • Severe decline in retail
  • Baby boomers not retiring, thus no room in the workforce
  • The stigma of Gen Y
  • The use of 457 visas to fill shortages rather than training the young generation

Say what you will about my generation, however this needs to be fixed! You can't have a whole generation of unskilled and unemployed. In the end it all comes down to confidence for business owners, they are not likely to employ an apprentice for 4 years if they don't even know what work they have next week.

I guess its a matter of which party can provide a "stable" policy setting, to provide business with "confidence". Business owners will then be more inclined to employ, employees will then be more inclined to spend and next thing you know we are back to a boom.

I guess its a matter of which party can provide a "stable" policy setting, to provide business with "confidence". Business owners will then be more inclined to employ, employees will then be more inclined to spend and next thing you know we are back to a boom.

Well said underdev, and a way to fund the company tax cut will be the increased tax receipts from the ensuing rise in employment.

Spend money to make money. Aint that the way?

The use of 457 visas to fill shortages rather than training the young generation
Can't train em.
coz they don't turn up
party pollies ==> too hard

attachment.php

Attachments

• too_hard.jpg
    too_hard.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 185
quoting?
with b ts (i) removed ha ha

RU both affected by the stigma,
Not that the elders don't try to train em.
there is a stigma attached,
you dont get given a stigma, you have to earn it.
No-one wants to waste time on Gen whatever they are now and the next one after that.
GenX werent always a waste of time, there could be an investment of time, the difference between a waste of time and an investment is the return.
If there is no return, its a waste,
Boomers, built everything the genY and genZ take for granted as their right. they have work ethic, as well as instructablility (I dunno if its a word but it fits my meaning)
Dont waste time on something that will not, bring in a 457 worker who will,
who will bust a nut, and do what they promise they can.

Not that the elders don't try to train em.
there is a stigma attached,
you dont get given a stigma, you have to earn it.
No-one wants to waste time on Gen whatever they are now and the next one after that.
GenX werent always a waste of time, there could be an investment of time, the difference between a waste of time and an investment is the return.
If there is no return, its a waste,

Ok I do agree but just remember Gen Y have learnt these behaviours through the school system and from their parents. It needs to be fixed

I don't want another rant about the shortcomings of Gen Y. I want solutions and ideas!

This is a very serious problem that will effect all of Australia. The retirees need us working as they need someone to pay for all the medical products, nursing homes and the pension!

You want us working so we can pay the rents to fund your retirement.

We need policy that, Provides incentive for Employers to take the risk, Encourages young people to turn off the xbox and at least try to work (Parents need to stop funding their lifestyle)and A stable government to bolster business and make them profitable. I want our big business and mines to make Billions as it is a sign of a strong economy. If they are making money they will employ

I was at a Liberal Party meeting last night, the candidate running was appalled at the unemployment levels of the youth in the area. 44% of the 18-25 population is unemployed, whilst the tech colleges and training facilities in the area were shut down. Schools in these areas are not pushing tertiary education as an OPTION, whilst there is a limited pool of unskilled work to fullfill such a large amount of people.

When I was in (private) school, there was an expectation that all students were to take up tertiary education, be it university of TAFE (though seen as the lesser). There was active engagement with these institutions bringing the students to the campuses, showing them the programs available and job outcomes.

This isn't happening in the areas of need, they're just stagnating and the employment demographics are moving, leaving the unskilled behind.

Dont waste time on something that will not, bring in a 457 worker who will,
who will bust a nut, and do what they promise they can.
It's a sad state of affairs that we have to bypass many potential folk here in our own backyard who might be able to do this work, and have to import folk from O/S.

Good luck to the O/S workers - they are usually very diligent, reliable and thankful for the opportunity.

As an interesting similar observation, I noticed when we lived in the USA that all the "menial" jobs such as valet, Maccas front counter, check-out, carwash, labourers, etc - almost no "WASP" folk in those roles.

Plenty of folk whose first language is not English - if you know what I mean.

I don't mind folk being selective about employment; just don't cry about no jobs.

Mind you; with unemployment predicted to reach 6% or more by year's end, then maybe the "no jobs" statement is valid

I was at a Liberal Party meeting last night, the candidate running was appalled at the unemployment levels of the youth in the area. 44% of the 18-25 population is unemployed, whilst the tech colleges and training facilities in the area were shut down. Schools in these areas are not pushing tertiary education as an OPTION, whilst there is a limited pool of unskilled work to fullfill such a large amount of people.

When I was in (private) school, there was an expectation that all students were to take up tertiary education, be it university of TAFE (though seen as the lesser). There was active engagement with these institutions bringing the students to the campuses, showing them the programs available and job outcomes.

This isn't happening in the areas of need, they're just stagnating and the employment demographics are moving, leaving the unskilled behind.

That really annoys me too! Shutting down and selling off TAFE's.

well I know this won't be popular since only Abbott supporters are welcome in this discussion but just thought I would post this which is interesting after I doubt anyone believed anything I wrote the other day with their rose coloured glasses :rolleyes:

It looks like Murdoch now thinks Rudd is the Nazi , so funny....:

It depicts Mr Rudd as Nazi soldier Colonel Klink, Mr Albanese as Sergeant Schultz and Mr Thomson as Colonel Hogan - characters from cult TV show Hogan's Heroes.
source: http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/tony-abbott-hoses-down-kevin-012303811.html

Coalition scoffs at Rudd's Murdoch conspiracy theory

source: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...murdoch-conspiracy-theory-20130808-2rhov.html

well I know this won't be popular since only Abbott supporters are welcome in this discussion but just thought I would post this which is interesting after I doubt anyone believed anything I wrote the other day with their rose coloured glasses :rolleyes:

It looks like Murdoch now thinks Rudd is the Nazi , so funny....:

source: http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/tony-abbott-hoses-down-kevin-012303811.html

Coalition scoffs at Rudd's Murdoch conspiracy theory

source: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...murdoch-conspiracy-theory-20130808-2rhov.html

I think it was the "Hitler" one that was offensive.

Col Klink and Sgt Schultz were lovable buffoons that could not run a prison camp.

4872546-3x4-700x933.jpg

Adolf Hitler was a madman who killed millions.

Big difference.

I think it was the "Hitler" one that was offensive.

Col Klink and Sgt Schultz were lovable buffoons that could not run a prison camp.

Adolf Hitler was a madman who killed millions.

Big difference.

Yep.

The Daily Telegraph front page was juvenile in the extreme, and indicative of both the age and the mental ability of their target readership, but it was not offensive and did not trivialise the deaths of millions.

If it was someone comparing Rudd to Stalin I'd be saying the same thing.

Back