Netflix

If u have Netflix, check out ' the killing' ...fantastic addictive show. First series I was hooked. 2nd series was bit scarier so I am a bit chicken to watch more. Apparently tru detective based on this show but I think it's better than true detective.

yes report back that would be good, not here in Aus till March, but as per my link I think US version will be way better.

Thought I would just report back that after so much more info was posted I didn't ask my friend any more information. I would have had to get her to write it down anyway in order for me to begin to comprehend it.

I've been using Netflix (US) via a vpn for nearly 2 years now.

In the first few months we really gave it a working over, watching complete series in weekend binges.

Currently, our son uses the xbox one to watch series and we use a wdtv streamer for the big screen.

I've never been tempted to pay for Foxtel - but don't mind paying for the Netflix (US). I will not be changing over to the OZ Netflix when it comes online.

Last edited:
I've been using Netflix (US) via a vpn for nearly 2 years now.

In the first few months we really gave it a working over, watching complete series in weekend binges.

Currently, our son uses the xbox one to watch series and we use a wdtv streamer for the big screen.

I've never been tempted to pay for Foxtel - but don't mind paying for the Netflix (US). I will not be changing over to the OZ Netflix when it comes online.

If you are happy with US version then I would stick to this. Been mentioned that Aussie version wont be as good?

I have heard that the issue is Foxtel has the rights for a lot of shows that Netflix airs overseas.

So until Foxtels rights to air the Netflix shows in Australia (Orange is the New Black, House of Cards etc) end, the Australian Netflix will have a lack of content due to existing contractual agreements between Foxtel and certain shows/studios and such.

I have neither for now, and am considering Foxtel since the sports package is now a more affordable $50 a month.

Will see how 2015 plays out, as I think Netflix launching may shake up Foxtel prices further and create some competition where the winner will always be I, the consumer.

I have heard that the issue is Foxtel has the rights for a lot of shows that Netflix airs overseas.

So until Foxtels rights to air the Netflix shows in Australia (Orange is the New Black, House of Cards etc) end, the Australian Netflix will have a lack of content due to existing contractual agreements between Foxtel and certain shows/studios and such.

I have neither for now, and am considering Foxtel since the sports package is now a more affordable $50 a month.

Will see how 2015 plays out, as I think Netflix launching may shake up Foxtel prices further and create some competition where the winner will always be I, the consumer.

I plan to go netfix usa not oz

I get decent quality out of an adsl2 connection. I maxed out my 200gb allowance in my first month of netflix, though...

This was going to be my question. How much bandwidth does netflix actually use.

My wife watches a fair bit of TV and she will be the biggest stumbling block to us going Netflix USA If we run out of bandwidth she will want to go back to foxtel in a flash.

Cheers

We watch an average of maybe 3x 45 minute shows per weeknight and maybe a movie or two and a few shows per weekend. The maximum we've used in a month is about 70gig but that also includes regular surfing and downloading too. Just something to watch and track as you use it. There's no lock in contracts with Neflix so if you find it's using too much or not suitable, just can it.

We watch an average of maybe 3x 45 minute shows per weeknight and maybe a movie or two and a few shows per weekend. The maximum we've used in a month is about 70gig but that also includes regular surfing and downloading too. Just something to watch and track as you use it. There's no lock in contracts with Neflix so if you find it's using too much or not suitable, just can it.

Easy then, if it does not work we are not locked into contracts, unlike Fox.

I have been paying around $145 for fox platinum package per month, have this in 2 rooms, with so much competition I could probably reduce this by half, still expensive.

We go through about 300 gig per month. We are using the $13 super HD package though. That's about 2 hours a day with occasional all day binges.

Back