Please help...8 Weeks and Still Haven't Got New Tenant...Bulleen VIC

That's no good, especially as I don't feel rents have skyrocketed yet.

Is it competition from all these new whiz-bang apartment complexes that are springing up everywhere?

Regards,
M&M

Oooohhh what a quandry.

The sisters say their max is $370.

I've asked the agent to see if they're happy with a 6 month lease.

What's agent's reletting fees for 6 month contracts? The same as yearly?

Oooohhh what a quandry.

The sisters say their max is $370.
QUOTE]

hmmm, have they been watching the ad when it was on realestate.com? Maybe they believe you haven't had many bites & they can secure it for less than you want. It may be a cheeky move on their part, or they may be genuine.

Has the agent told you what they do for a crust? Maybe that would help give some sort of indication as to whether they can afford $20 more a wk?

You could always keep em waiting til then end of the wk & see what other interest your new ad generates?

I didn’t get time to read all posts but I thought I would put my opinion in

Questions I would be asking the agency

how many inspections have they been doing per week?

they should be doing at least 2 open for inspections per week and also taking people through the house as soon as they enquire. if they haven’t been doing this why

You have had 1488 hits on realestate.com this is huge I would have expected at least 30 enquiries from this. how many have they had
they should be Keeping a log of every enquiries and reporting this to you

Thinks I would do right now

• Pay $110 to get professional l photos taken at this point the agent should pay or take out of your let fee

• refresh on realestate.com and put up as a new ad with fresh photos or pay for a feature property to go back to the top

• advertise a OFI for this weekend now

• put a single price on the add if I had seen a price range I would come in at the bottom and not budge

• once the price had been fixed and new photos done call every person who has enquired and let them know the new price and ask them if they would be interested at this price point.

after doing all this if still no one shows up to the open the only problem is you price it too high

good luck I hope this helps

Have you got any replies on your gumtree ad?
I think that it looks really good.

I think the property is pretty good too! :) We are thinking of doing a swap in around 5 years time with some decent extension/renovations...hence why we don't want to update the kitchen just to find out the extension means it all has to be taken down.

hmmm, have they been watching the ad when it was on realestate.com? Maybe they believe you haven't had many bites & they can secure it for less than you want. It may be a cheeky move on their part, or they may be genuine.

Has the agent told you what they do for a crust? Maybe that would help give some sort of indication as to whether they can afford $20 more a wk?

You could always keep em waiting til then end of the wk & see what other interest your new ad generates?

No more quandry, they've accepted another property.

The person I've been dealing with today is pretty good. He's pulled down the ad from realestate.com and will put up a new feature ad based on my points in the gumtree ad but elaborating of course. I've provided him the picture pack (with extra 10 photos in addition to the 10 on gumtree) to choose from. He'll have new ad up by end of day. However, I did ask to put a specific price of $390 which he was hesistant. I'll wait until the usual PM returns from leave tomorrow to talk about the specific price. I just want the new feature ad up there asap and we can make amendments tomorrow.

I know I may end up regretting not accepting $370 with a dog...but it just feel right...it may be a hard lesson for me to learn.

Have you got any replies on your gumtree ad?
I think that it looks really good.

Not yet, I think it takes 24 hours for it to become public. There are however ALOT of Gumtree ads....... :eek:

how many inspections have they been doing per week?

they should be doing at least 2 open for inspections per week and also taking people through the house as soon as they enquire. if they haven’t been doing this why

You have had 1488 hits on realestate.com this is huge I would have expected at least 30 enquiries from this. how many have they had
they should be Keeping a log of every enquiries and reporting this to you

Thinks I would do right now

• Pay $110 to get professional l photos taken at this point the agent should pay or take out of your let fee

• refresh on realestate.com and put up as a new ad with fresh photos or pay for a feature property to go back to the top

• advertise a OFI for this weekend now

• put a single price on the add if I had seen a price range I would come in at the bottom and not budge

• once the price had been fixed and new photos done call every person who has enquired and let them know the new price and ask them if they would be interested at this price point.

after doing all this if still no one shows up to the open the only problem is you price it too high

good luck I hope this helps

Thanks so much for your advice! Great points which I will bring up with the PM tomorrow...I've added to the rest of the bunch of great points. It's going in as a feature property. They've been doing opens as required... Calling the people that have gone through is a great idea...I'll ask about their record sheet.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-qld-yeronga-404871297

see attached ad, what you should expect in regards to marketing your property

Yep, I can see the difference...I will give them this one as an example and say it's a friend's. They're mainly into rentals...so this should not be news.........

And what's more shocking is the number of ads for 3105 (not including surrounds) with 3+ bedrooms jumped from 17 yesterday to 25 today!!! :eek:

Sometimes you just have to go with your gut noisuf and if you weren't feeling comfortable with these tenants then you have probably done the right thing. The new photos look good and starting afresh with a brand new ad will most likely do the trick. Nice view by the way. I would love to sit out there at dusk with a cool drink watching the city lights come on. :)

Noisuf

doing opens as required is not good enough

with an average property

you should expect around 10 email/ phone calls a week if at the right price/ marketing

these people should be either taken through the property at the mid week inspection E.G 5pm wed or Thursday.

or if they are unable to attend this an inspection should be arranged when it suits them

and a second inspection should be advertized from wed telling everyone the open time for the weekend and all the people that enquired during the week should be contacted letting them know it’s open again
this is for 2 reasons first they may not have made the mid week open or did and needed to show a partner

or still undecided and calling them and letting them know the property is open again puts a little bit of pressure on them to put in an application

and you should be getting 5 to 8 people turn up to the OFI on Saturday that don’t call or email just turn up

This is what you pay a let fee for so all this gets done

Or a second option is to give to a second agent and the first one to find you a tenant gets your management

I have seen this done and you wouldn’t believe most times a tenant if found within 48 hours because all of the above starts getting done

Noisuf

doing opens as required is not good enough

and you should be getting 5 to 8 people turn up to the OFI on Saturday that don’t call or email just turn up

This is what you pay a let fee for so all this gets done

Or a second option is to give to a second agent and the first one to find you a tenant gets your management

I have seen this done and you wouldn’t believe most times a tenant if found within 48 hours because all of the above starts getting done

Call me Michael Russell...or is it Peter? :eek:

I will definitely push to see who has looked at the property and also request to have two opens per week. Hopefully this won't go on for too long....................

I need to look through my contract.........but am I able to get two agents to try to find tenant? I'm assuming the losing agent would charge me a fee?

Hey OP... about gumtree, it's pretty much instant I thought. I put an ad once and was flooded with responses.
I'm kind of curious too as I know Bulleen area and that price seems very reasonable... i though. Perhaps I am clueless...

Hello Michael its Russell

I don’t know what Vic law is regarding the contracts only QLD

But most agents will require 90 days notice to remove your listing

Or you can pay out the 90days management fees

90 days management fees of your current income is $0

But if you ask a second agent for help considering you have been vacant for 8 weeks your current pm should understand

And if the second agents finds you a tenant ask them to manage the property for free for the 90days so no costs are out of your pocket.

Why does the agent not want to put a price on it?

What price does your current agent say the properly is worth per week

Please beware that your current agent will prob come in higher that its true value so not to offend you or well below just to get it rented

Ask a couple of competing agents to give you an appraisal its free and will give you a better idea of where your rent should be

I don’t know what Vic law is regarding the contracts only QLD

But most agents will require 90 days notice to remove your listing

Or you can pay out the 90days management fees

There are generally no such clauses in MA for Victorian Properties. The MA is only exclusive for the period in which the exclusive period specifically states. Ie if it says 30/60/90 etc. As far as i am aware there are no agents who can/would charge you 90 days management fees. The contract (MA) ends when done so in writing. And the relationship ceases to exist with no penalty. The only thing you may have to still pay is any advertising that has been incurred.

Most agents worth their salt will let you out of the exclusive agreement after 8 weeks with no tenants.

In the end it always comes down to price & presentation for rental properties. period.

Hey OP... about gumtree, it's pretty much instant I thought. I put an ad once and was flooded with responses.
I'm kind of curious too as I know Bulleen area and that price seems very reasonable... i though. Perhaps I am clueless...

Hmm, did a quick search and still not up. But searching gave me an idea and I searched for Wanted and found a family. I've called them up and they wanted to be first to see the place! Of course I said, "yes you can". I gave them a direct mobile number... We'll see...I'm going to be scouring these wanted pages from now onwards...just feel like I'm doing the agent's job but hey, if it gets me a tenant!?

Hello Michael its Russell

But if you ask a second agent for help considering you have been vacant for 8 weeks your current pm should understand

And if the second agents finds you a tenant ask them to manage the property for free for the 90days so no costs are out of your pocket.

Why does the agent not want to put a price on it?

What price does your current agent say the properly is worth per week

Ask a couple of competing agents to give you an appraisal its free and will give you a better idea of where your rent should be

It's been vacant for just over a week...but has been on the market since Oct 1 as the previous tenant advised they weren't releasing mid sep.

Current agent says it's worth $400. We got $450 for the first year which was good but we knew it was above expected. I was hoping for $400. In recent times, he's said high 3's.

Getting another agent to do appraisal is something I've been considering. Just want to choose a good one and that's where I was hoping someone had a good recommendation?

Holy cow!

Oct 1st & they haven't found anyone yet?!?!?

noisuf, I'm wishing you all the best for finding the perfect tenant this wk.

I would've already had a heart attack after this long!

Back