PPOR in Kings Langley

Hi everyone

Hoping I can get some tips from locals in the KL area. Please excuse me if this has been asked before, but can't find any specific threads on this topic.

We have been looking for a PPOR in Baulkham Hills and the surrounds but the competition and the going price is not helping us much.

We are willing to spend up to 550k for a 3 bedder house and the going price in BH is around 600+ for something which does not require a major reno before moving in.

KL seem to have much bigger houses, however the price diff between KL and BH is quite high - around 80-100k approx.

For ex, stock in KL near the Seven Hills Rd - Joseph Banks dr, Solander rd is quite closer to BH and the M2. I don't see much difference living there than in BH, it is also closer to the Matthew Pearce school.

What makes BH so popular other than it being part of the Hills council and some places in BH closer to M2?

Thanks!

Hills vs Blacktown council adds 50-100k for snob value :)

KL had a lot of development in the 70's/80's with lots of quality homes built in the new estates that were opened up.

I can see no problem with Kings Langley, I know people who live there and they are very happy. It is not as upmarket as Baulkham Hills, and is part of Blacktown Council. The Kings Langley public school is very good and has a gifted+talented programme. KL is not in the catchment for Mathew Pearce I think? You might want to investigate the high schools, I know some families who were very keen to get out-of-area enrolment at Castle Hill High. Also hang out at the local shops and walk around the streets to get a feel for it. It's very handy to the M7 links. The Hills area in general is great for families. IMO it would be a good place to buy a PPOR given your budget. Or look at Kellyville Ridge area for newer homes (smaller blocks though).

Thanks both. Yep looks like KL is not part of Matthew Pearce catchment. And I read that school is very popular that it does not consider out of area applications :( oh well I suppose this is one of the main reason for the inflated prices along with the snob factor!

Kings Langley is great place to live. Tree lined streets, great neighbour hood, and most house there come with a bar and a swimming pool. Bought a house there myself in 2011 with intention to move in later. I think this is the quite a few suburb you get more bang for your money. Highly recommended suburb.

Matthew Pearce school is popular because it has an OC class. I don't think it is any better or worse than the surrounding schools. So if your child is bright enough to get into the OC class it doesn't matter where you live (it goes purely on the text). And if they are not in the OC class it doesn't matter if your child goes there or not.

We have just moved to KL. We love it so far. Only 5km down the road from our old PPOR (Baulkham Hills).

KL Public has a great name, as does the smaller Seven Hills North Primary school, both of which are catchment areas for KL residents. For value for $$$ I like KL- recently bought a client a nice 4 bed 2 bath home with three living areas, inground pool, air con, renovated kitchen in a quiet st in catchment zone for KL Public for $590K. Compared to BH this is a good $100-120K under what you'd pay. Though there is an element of snob value you need to physically assess for yourself. Best of luck :)

Bah! I have 3 kids and 3 were in OC (how's that for boasting eh :D)

The first kid is now 15; when he started, his school which has gifted OC classes had 8 students from the same school who got into the special OC class: the rest came from the neighbourhood schools...

When my 3rd kid (now 11) entered OC (we were more relieved than happy as he had a chip on his shoulder after the other two)...he was only 1 of 2 from the same school...

Reason: the zoning changes make it possible for you to choose any OC school you want, you could live in Wollongong and still choose Matthew Pearce............

So, does not matter if you can't make it to mathew pearce catchment...

don't base your PPOR based on this

my humble opinion (you don't have to listen to me!:eek:)

Matthew Pearce school is popular because it has an OC class. I don't think it is any better or worse than the surrounding schools. So if your child is bright enough to get into the OC class it doesn't matter where you live (it goes purely on the text). And if they are not in the OC class it doesn't matter if your child goes there or not.

We have just moved to KL. We love it so far. Only 5km down the road from our old PPOR (Baulkham Hills).

Thanks everyone for replies.

Any recommendation of a non-christian schools near by in KL area other than Seven Hills North Public school?

As mentioned, Kings Langley Public School has a great reputation.
If you want a private school, you could look at Hiils Grammar (prep to 12).

Bah! I have 3 kids and 3 were in OC (how's that for boasting eh :D)

The first kid is now 15; when he started, his school which has gifted OC classes had 8 students from the same school who got into the special OC class: the rest came from the neighbourhood schools...

When my 3rd kid (now 11) entered OC (we were more relieved than happy as he had a chip on his shoulder after the other two)...he was only 1 of 2 from the same school...

Reason: the zoning changes make it possible for you to choose any OC school you want, you could live in Wollongong and still choose Matthew Pearce............

So, does not matter if you can't make it to mathew pearce catchment...

don't base your PPOR based on this

my humble opinion (you don't have to listen to me!:eek:)

That's what I was saying.

Thanks again.

Im going off topic on my own topic.

Is Toongabbie creek considered flood prone? I ask this because there is something listed in that area that matches our requirements. Im not sure the rules on this forum regarding posting domain links, therefore Im posting the street closer to where the property is at Link

Any locals care to comment please?

Thanks again.

Im going off topic on my own topic.

Is Toongabbie creek considered flood prone? I ask this because there is something listed in that area that matches our requirements. Im not sure the rules on this forum regarding posting domain links, therefore Im posting the street closer to where the property is at Link

Any locals care to comment please?

There has been considerable work done on Toongabbie Creek in the last 20 years. Last time it flooded was 1988 they say it won't flood again.....who knows best thing to check the 149 certificate in the contract and see if there is any mention on flood zone and/or speak to the council.

I wish to delete this thread as it is of no use to others :D

Anyhow, I will continue to wait out for something decent in KL area. It seems to the only suburb we can afford and 30mins or so bus travel to westmead station. But the way the market is going at the moment, we may be waiting for a while!!!

I wish to delete this thread as it is of no use to others :D

Why do you wish to delete it? It has been of use to people currently (I have now added KL to my list of IP for future PPOR areas to look) and will be of use to anyone in the future who search for Kings Langley for info.

I had a look yesterday and there are a few houses that have been for sale since we bought ours in October. If you see something you like put in an offer. You never know your luck.

Is there a website that show the list date of a property?

We have only shortlisted two properties out of the lot that that are currently for sale. Majority of them have pool which we do not want and we are looking for something close to the T bus stops.

Also any reason why some properties differ in price so much, only reason I can think of is them being placed closer to Lalor Park...for ex, Brett St, Marton Cres Link...

Last edited:
I have friends selling this place in KL, no pool and bus stop across the park:

www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-kings+langley-112505679
Good luck with your search

Their agent decided to cancel the inspection this weekend before we got a chance to inspect as someone has made an offer already :( oh well!

I have another question, why are there so many 3 bedders with 1 bath? What was the logic behind that? Why not 2 baths and the idea of ensuite? Worse are the ones that have 5 bed and 1 bath??? what the?

Also, anyone know how can I find which streets have natural gas pipelines in KL?

Last edited:
Back