Prenap...

Seriously...

What is love and emotional support worth? Priceless is my estimate.

What are we focussing on here? Protecting a few IPs? A few million $$$? In the face of a lifelong commitment? It just pales into insignificance...

I got married focussing on the future and what we could achieve together - I can't go forward if I'm looking back. And if it all goes to custard somehow then money will really be the least of my concerns.

In my opinion, some risks are worth taking because the upside is just so great and the downside insignificant by comparison. This is one of those - you can always make money anytime you want to but finding the right person may only happen once in your life - if you're lucky!

Sounds like you had a lot from the start and she had zero...or credit card which means debt. So if you break up, you have a lot to lose, she has nothing.

Divorce for a man without a prenup goes something like this:

1. Do not gain anything.
2. Lose 50% of all your assets.
She was on a plane comming to Australia for a Dentist convention,all the back section of the plane was booked out ,so they put me up in the first class section,and next to her we started talking and 23 years later we are still going strong,and i put that down to thinking from the start ,the money part is not important,and she never asked for her name on the titles ,i did it my way,btw she still has property-dental clinic in South East Asia,and she also gave up her family for me,it's a 2 way street if it ever happened she can have the lot,I know i can do it all over again..
imho ..willair..

haha yeah. :)

its not about the sex differences. a woman who is wealthy, has 5 properties marries some poor shmuck who files for divorce and claims half of her stuff, stuff like that should be ILLEGAL.

Hey, but that's not fair; if this scenario was made illegal, and applied to both sexes, then how would 80 year old rich men get to marry models who are 25? :D

Invest:
How many here have made their partners sign prenups prior to getting married or forming any type of union?

Made....made? Make...as in construct? or maybe compose? Prepare? Cause to exist, one's mark in the world? Procure?

I don't make or made my partner to do, say, act anything. He has a fine character, great brain, integrity, great values (I think we both share).

Good luck with your "making" partners do/sign stuff. That's quite an interesting perception and hobby you have.

PS My partner, when he was single had no problem forming/keeping/maintaining relationships with women. By being himself..
The site you link to sounds like you are trying to train dogs??

Seriously...

What is love and emotional support worth? Priceless is my estimate.

What are we focussing on here? Protecting a few IPs? A few million $$$? In the face of a lifelong commitment? It just pales into insignificance...

I got married focussing on the future and what we could achieve together - I can't go forward if I'm looking back. And if it all goes to custard somehow then money will really be the least of my concerns.

In my opinion, some risks are worth taking because the upside is just so great and the downside insignificant by comparison. This is one of those - you can always make money anytime you want to but finding the right person may only happen once in your life - if you're lucky!

Good luck with that.

Marriage is like a stock market, you never know when it will crash yet when it crashes, you usually lose a lot more than just money.

Invest:
Marriage is like a stock market, you never know when it will crash yet when it crashes, you usually lose a lot more than just money.

...and it is also a choice.

Along with the rest of our lives, we control/manage/make (there is that word again!:) ) OUR OWN choices.

Sometimes we get it right, notsoright and work and get results, sometimes irretrievable.

I love (that I choose) and am a property investor.

I choose not to involve myself in the stockmarket.

I choose to be in a relationship.

I choose to love life.

I love all my choices so far. The ones I don't choose so well in I learn from.

I like to be responsible for my choices and behaviour.

What else ya got mate?

Settle down fellas, I am merely outlining that when getting into marriage you need to do so carefully when things are at stake. Her/his lawyer will not give a slught phuck if you love life or want to kill yourself, as long as theres enough dosh to cover the divorce and then leave some more... :)

Good lord, that attract women website reads like a how-to guide to pick up any women, lots of women, the hotter and younger the better, more than one at once, whether or not they are married, single, or think you're an idiot :eek:

Also has quite a few typos on it ...

But I bet the e-book sells like hot cakes.

I'd just like to thankyou for pointing out the hazards of those human things, that contain xy and xx chromosomes.

People can be tricky...and how is business?

Good lord, that attract women website reads like a how-to guide to pick up any women, lots of women, the hotter and younger the better, more than one at once, whether or not they are married, single, or think you're an idiot :eek:

Also has quite a few typos on it ...

But I bet the e-book sells like hot cakes.

haha yeah plenty of lay guides out there mate... why on earth get married :) ever read "The Game?"

Invest I am trying to figure you out. As far as I can tell you are one of either 3 options.
1) a genuine chauvinist
2) one of those guys who just enjoys stirring the pot
3) someone who has never been in a REAL relationship

So what would you categorise yourself as (please feel free to add something if I have forgotten it).

lol sorry guys... pre NUP :D

Well, I have heard too many stories where a man asks his dad about getting married, his dad says "if you want your fiance to sign pre-nup, maybe you should not get married at all" the son doesn't get his fiance to sign the pre-nup... 10 years later they divorce, she takes his house, splits his other assets down the middle and applies for spousal support... and the man is left to pay. Yet this woman has not lifted a finger to acquire any of the property, she was a house wife who drive around in a ferrari that her husband bought her also.

These ferrari driving women are everywhere it seems. Got cut off by a couple of them on the road just in the last week :rolleyes:.

Dont mean to sound sexist but during the divorce, its usually the man that has to pay up big time.

Are you sure about that? Or is it you're assuming everything belongs to the man in marriage and he has to split it 50/50 :eek:.

Invest, having a few IP's doesn't necessarily mean you have a lot of equity or are wealthy especially in the aquiring period so no need to worry about this at this stage.

The chances are if you were much older (and had much more wealth) the women you meet would have much more too.

Do you know I actually know more wealthy single women than I do single men.

Oh, and can you tell me how many women you know that recieve 'spousal support'?

Are you sure about that? Or is it you're assuming everything belongs to the man in marriage and he has to split it 50/50 :eek:.

Invest, having a few IP's doesn't necessarily mean you have a lot of equity or are wealthy especially in the aquiring period so no need to worry about this at this stage.

The chances are if you were much older (and had much more wealth) the women you meet would have much more too.

Do you know I actually know more wealthy single women than I do single men.

Oh, and can you tell me how many women you know that recieve 'spousal support'?

I worked with a bloke a few years back whose girlfriend had lost half of her 6 IP portfolio (that she had pre marriage) in a divorce.

When I met my hubbie, his net worth was -ve, mine was >750K. He didn't know till we got engaged and he offered to sign a pre nup. Never bothered to do it though.

I never flouted what I had so no one knew, trouble is we bought a PPOR almost twice as expensive as my PPOR when I met him and everyone knows we have IPs .....so now everyone thinks what we have was all hubbies. I keep getting... "oooh arn't you a lucky girl, he was a good catch"... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:cool:

So don't assume a couples net worth is all due to the male!

Good luck with that.

Thank you - good luck to you too!

Are you speaking from personal experience? If so, you have my sincere sympathy.

I agree with you anyway - in the event of a marriage breakup the money factor is insignificant and hence not worth trying to protect... to attempt to do so would IMO lead to a higher risk of the marriage failing as your focus is taken off the important things.

Just my opinion...

haha yeah plenty of lay guides out there mate... why on earth get married :) ever read "The Game?"

I checked out your site Invest, but that's way more of than SJP than I wanted to see...
gt_21_cosmopolitan_magazine.jpg

Didn't she win the Melbourne Cup? No wait, that was Shocking.

Invest I am trying to figure you out. As far as I can tell you are one of either 3 options.
1) a genuine chauvinist
2) one of those guys who just enjoys stirring the pot
3) someone who has never been in a REAL relationship

So what would you categorise yourself as (please feel free to add something if I have forgotten it).

Is there 4) All of the above? :D :D :D

I worked with a bloke a few years back whose girlfriend had lost half of her 6 IP portfolio (that she had pre marriage) in a divorce.

When I met my hubbie, his net worth was -ve, mine was >750K. He didn't know till we got engaged and he offered to sign a pre nup. Never bothered to do it though.

I never flouted what I had so no one knew, trouble is we bought a PPOR almost twice as expensive as my PPOR when I met him and everyone knows we have IPs .....so now everyone thinks what we have was all hubbies. I keep getting... "oooh arn't you a lucky girl, he was a good catch"... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:cool:

So don't assume a couples net worth is all due to the male!

Sucks to be that girl... hence why I started this thread in the first place. :)

Prenups = insurance = must.

No prenup, no going out.

You dont drive car uninsured, dont have your house uninsured. You dont see unforseen circumstances. if you really committed to your investing future you would have it.

Last edited:
Back