Priceless! - What this Merc driver did to an elderly woman and how she responded

Yep fake but good. Takes more than a tap from a handbag to set off an airbag

The merc driver was probably a mortgage broker on his way to refunding his trails.

That model Mercedes have sensors in the front bumper bar so depending on the impact it may not be fake,and that is also a old model maybe a c200 kompressor that will run above 500000klm without many problems..imho..

Speaking of being honked by an impatient driver..

I was out test-driving a customer's car the other day, and approached a 4-way intersection.

The road I was on was a stop sign road, so I stopped to give way to the traffic on the crossroad, and just as I did that, and older lady (driving a car) arrived at the intersection from my left on the road I had to give to.

She stopped right in front of me on the other side of the road; clearly she needed to do a U-turn.

That's OK; I waited for her to do one, but she then had to wait a bit for a car to pass which was approaching her from my right. So she had to wait for the car to pass. Only a delay of a few more seconds.

By this time, another car had arrived behind me, and also to wait.

After not too long a time, the driver behind me honked their horn at me to get going (or was it at the older lady doing the U-turn? - noone knows). Probably another rude, impatient tourist. :cool:

I just ignored this fool as you should, and when it was clear to go I crossed the intersection.

So, here's a question for you all on road rules to test your knowledge; was the procedure for me waiting for her to do the U-turn the correct one?

Or; should she have waited for me as well as the oncoming car that passed her?

BV, my take on it is as both your manouvres would not have resulted in a collision (ie 2 x uturns in opposite directions) then you both really just had to wait until your oncoming lanes were clear and then made your turn.

BV, my take on it is as both your manouvres would not have resulted in a collision (ie 2 x uturns in opposite directions) then you both really just had to wait until your oncoming lanes were clear and then made your turn.
The issue wasn't whether a collision would or wouldn't have occurred; it was about right of way.

I wasn't turning; going straight ahead (and at a stop sign).

The answer to the question is; I am approaching a carriageway, so the traffic in that carriageway has right of way.

In other worlds; I had to give way to the lady making the U-turn, because she was already in that carriageway.

She had to wait to do her U-turn because she had to give way to traffic going in both directions of her carriageway before she could proceed with her U-turn with safety.

Last edited:
There is also the matter if driving politeness, as indicated by the guy behind rooting his horn.

When I lived in England some years ago, drivers were exceedingly polite. They would stop driving along a main road to allow a car to pull out from a park. They would wait patiently for a car coming in the other direction on a narrow street- and so on.

But in Asia and Mexico drivers are extremely aggressive.

The polite countries have some of the lowest road accident rates per vehicle km in the world.

Australia I think is a few levels below polite but many levels above the sort of aggressiveness shown in some countries. Accident rates seem to correspond to this. Australia's rate is low on a world scale but not as low as England and some European countries.

There is also the matter if driving politeness, as indicated by the guy behind rooting his horn.

Australia I think is a few levels below polite but many levels above the sort of aggressiveness shown in some countries. Accident rates seem to correspond to this. Australia's rate is low on a world scale but not as low as England and some European countries.
Agree.

I found the US drivers a lot less aggressive overall, when we lived there.

They still have their road rage knuckleheads, but waay less than the attitude here, from my observation.

koaaaalaa !!!

1357840582_biker_hits_koala.gif

Back