RIP PennyK

OMG! What a shock. I've never met her, but really liked her via her posts.

Having gone through/am going through a similar journey (as I know others on the forum are/have) this has really upset me. I've actually been thinking about her and the others I'm aware of quite a lot this past week and wanted to ask how she was doing but not knowing her closely enough I didn't. I'm not sure if I'm glad or sad that I didn't now. Like I said - very upsetting.

My deepest condolences to her family.

Wonderful Person

I did not know Penny, but feel deeply saddened by her passing, and had only this week told a family member going through similar illness about her.

Rest in Peace penny and deep condolences to the family

thanks for letting everyone know, Jacque and for sharing a bit more about her as a person, Kristine.

i never like posting up in these kind of threads because i hate being reminded how mortal i am.

goodwill and godspeed.

Whilst never having met her in person, Penny was very upbeat in her attitude as she shared her health journey here. Indeed, she was restrained and respectful whilst having to endure some very insensitive comments from time to time about her chosen modalities of mainstream treatment.

Thanks for your insights Kristine and also Jacque for letting this community know. She was young. My wife lost her sister earlier this year; she was my age (49).....sobering and humbling to say the least. Only this week we also learnt of the passing of a young man close to our families (late thirties)

Rest peacefully PennyK. Strength and long life to her family.

Live every day folks

Very hard to reconcile news like this. Life can be so fragile and just not fair - and that cuts both ways. I struggle to comprehend these events. Still, what I have learnt from pennyk on this forum is to just do the best we can in life with the cards we are dealt. This would no doubt be a comfort both during and at the end of life, whether cut short like this or not. We can't control what happens to us but we can control how we respond to it and that is the important measure for me.

Condolences to the family - what a great loss.

RIP pennyk.

Oh Penny ... I am just stunned to hear your news and will miss you terribly. You were always so optimistic, positive and caring that many of us never realised how sick you currently were.

Right up until the end of this life you were humble, respectful, yet strong and determined - and very very much loved.

My heart is crying for you and your family. Rest in peace my dear Somersoft friend, and don't forget to look us up from wherever you now are.

So sad :(

I always enjoyed her posts and noticed she hadn't posted anything in the last week or so. Thoughts are with her family.

I am shocked to hear of Penny's passing, my sincere condolences to Penny's family. Penny's posts were sensitive and insightful, what a shame...

Deepest sympathy
Sheryn

Back