Seminar Clashes (was Jan's workshop)

It certainly is a pity that Jans seminar clashes with day 2 of Steve Navras course.

Actually surprised both courses were orginised on the same weekend.

Darren

Originally posted by beech
Actually surprised both courses were orginised on the same weekend.

Why ? They organise their own courses and schedule them for dates that suit their ability to travel and coordinate the classes. There are only 52 weekends a year and there are lots and lots of seminars being run.

Originally posted by Sim
Why ? They organise their own courses and schedule them for dates that suit their ability to travel and coordinate the classes. There are only 52 weekends a year and there are lots and lots of seminars being run.

They are obviously aware of each other and each others courses.
And they are obviously not business competitors.
In the above light it would make economic and comon sense to co ordinate courses so they dont clash, allowing max. number of attendees from this forum and elsewhere.

Unless time constraints make this impossible, in that case i'll mind my own business.:)

Originally posted by brains
In the above light it would make economic and comon sense to co ordinate courses so they dont clash, allowing max. number of attendees from this forum and elsewhere.

Given that these courses are all always booked out - it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Hi Guys,

Hmmmmmm, sorry about the clash: I was under the impression Jan's workshops were an evening event.

In any event I come to Melb 3 to 4 times a year depending on demand and I am sure there will be just as many Somers workshops (if not more) in Melbourne.

So plenty of opportunity for all to attend.

Just to add that I have attended many, many of Jan's talks and would highly recommend that attendence is a must for anyone who is interested in property investing.

Regards,

Steve

Arent these valid questions?

No, I don't think they are.

I don't see why the whole world should run around trying to make sure that the events that are on don't clash with you washing your hair that night. I think the criticism is unwarranted.

You'll cope. It's just not that big a deal. There will be other classes. Build a bridge.

Wheres the criticism? It doesnt really concern me personally, im booked into the Navra Sydney course and i dont require the Jan Somers course.

I was actually questioning your patronising attitude. It might not be big deal to you but it might be to someone else.

Originally posted by Sim
I don't see why the whole world should run around trying to make sure that the events that are on don't clash with you washing your hair that night.

You can wash your hair any night. It's not the same as trying to deal with two independent party's scheduling conflicts. Beech has a valid comment about the two courses conflicting on dates. I'm booked into the Navra course in Melb. How often do the Somer's workshops happen per year in Melbourne?

Besides, the courses don't run every 15 minutes like a train, you miss one and it could be four months till the next one.

Both Steve and Jan might benefit from videotaping the event and selling the tape at a reasonable cost?

I was actually questioning your patronising attitude.

Not patronising, just frustrated that people get upset about something that is not a big deal because it is not a once in a lifetime event. Steve runs his courses regularly, and I'm sure Ian and Jan will run theirs again sometime - it's not the Sydney Olympics or anything.

Frustrated that people criticise others for running the workshops at a time that doesn't suit them personally. At the price the courses are run for, it is pretty much cost recovery only - the people running the courses don't have to do it (they certainly don't need the money), they do it because they want to do it. Be thankful for what is on offer and make the most of it.

It's okay Brains, we had already moved on, we're over it.

Again,can you point out the criticism?

And by the way, who is "we" and "we're"?

And you ARE patronising and condescending with your *sighs* and "build a bridge" stuff because has it ever crossed your mind that it might be a big deal to you but it might be to other people.

Surely , not fantastic PR for the Somers image.

Im sorry Sim , but when did God vacate and leave you in charge?

My opinions are my own and do not represent that of the Somers.

Beech and I had moved on Brains. Can you do so too please ?

Forum Protocol

Uncle Steve Speaking here:

Yep I am stating my seniority (In years that is) . . .

Every member who contributes to the forum is an idividual. (just like everyone else of course:) )

As such, every opinion in jest / debate / provocation / compassion should be respected.

Lively if sometimes critical debate should be encouraged, WITHOUT the need ever to become too personal.

So to all who might feel somewhat untoward about a remark made by whomever about whatever - look beyond the words ...

After all, whenever someone does overstep the 'protocol' their unfortunate (if often unintentional) breech does get seen (and judged!) by the rest of the members. (Which is punishment enough, without need of comment or chastisement)

Steve

Ahem: my spell check isn't working, Geoff please could you point out any spelling errors:D :D :D

Back