Tell us about your lifestyle (wages, job, age)

Hi all,

1. Me 24, wifey 23
2. Me, Sports Administrator, wifey, Accountant
3. Me, $35k, wifey $45K
4. Married - 8 months
5. Purch PPOR in 2001 which became IP, purch new PPOR 3 months ago!

Dos.

Hi all

1) Age 43
2) Position - Commercial Accountant
3)$......................
4) Married , he works for Tafe - two boys 11,12
5) 2003 Purchases: IPS - 8 and 3 blocks of land about to
build four duplex - as long as council makes up their mind.

Very interesting thread - well done everyone.

I hope all will post.

good luck

Debbie

1. Age - Me 43 - Mrs Wombat 36
2. Me IT Contractor, Mrs Wombat - GP (P/T)
3. ~ 140K combined
4. Married - 2 Boys - 3 yrs and 1.5 yrs
5. Year of 1st IP purchase 1986, next 1993 - development 1999, plus further purchases in Melb and Vic Rural - Total = 15

wombat

1) Me 41, Hubby 38
2) Me none, Hubby Maintenance Co-Ordinator
3) Me zip, Hubby $75k
4) Married 15 yrs, 2 kids 14,12
5) Ist IP 1997, 9 IP's total plus PPOR

Originally posted by np2003
Debbie do the dots represent 0's?

$......................

= $1, 0000000000000000000000:p

No NP2003 not at all. The purchases in 2003 have just been at the right place at the right time. Nothing to do with wages.

I have only just found out that the 8 units purchased have doubled in value (quoted by a valuer) since purchasing in Apr'03

Regards

Debbie

Sorry I'm late. ...Cool thread! Interesting demographics and all that.

1. Age
2. Job Profession (sales clerk, medical doctor, student, self-employed, unemployed)
3. Annual Salary/Wage from job (before tax)
4. Married/Single/Divorced? ... Any Kids?
5. Year of 1st IP purchase + Total IPs you have

1. Both me and wife 37
2. Me, director (own company in property and building), her sales manager.
3. Me $95K, her $75k
4. Married no kid, lots of cousins
5. 1988 became home then various , blah, blah,

Present situation own PPOR in Sydney and 1 IP in Melb. Planning to get much more when sorting out structure and all that.

Peter 147

1. 38
2. Managing Director
3. $110k
4. married 2 kids
5. 1995 + now have 4 IP's + ppor

would be very interetsing to compile this data into averages etc

1. 53; 52
2. Agronomist; Marketing Analyst
3. $62k plus car etc.; $46K
4. Married 32 yrs - 3 kids 27, 25, 19
5. 2002; 3 units, 1 townhouse, 1 duplex, 1 house, 5 acre block of land, 13 acre mango farm. Have owned/rented out/sold houses over the years but only became serious (and knowledgeable) about investing since 2002.

Originally posted by Shirley
13 acre mango farm.
That's a different investment from the usual.

Would you care to expand a little (probably in a new thread) about how that has gone as an investment?

2. Agronomist; Marketing Analyst

I couldn't resist doing a google on Agronomist, seem you both work with b/s ;)

Makes my title of commercial l/l and plaintif look a bit ordinary :eek:

bundy

Our mango farm is a new purchase (Oct 03). It was a bank mortgage- in-possession and we paid $20k less than the asking price.

First crop was exported to Singapore and Hong Kong in December - not sure how profitable as yet. We have a manager who arranges watering, fertilising, picking, packing etc. as it's about 60km from home. We picked quite a few trees ourselves for our own use (and lots of friends and relatives).

Commercial interest rates are higher than residential so we hope to pay out the remaining $14k we owe ASAP.

Future profitability will all depend on successful crops, market glut etc. Interesting to have this as a side interest to our other investments.

Salary: none
Married
Kids: grown up
Yr of 1st IP: 1993
Total: 9 plus principal place of residence

Our mango farm is a new purchase (Oct 03). It was a bank mortgage- in-possession and we paid $20k less than the asking price.

First crop was exported to Singapore and Hong Kong in December - not sure how profitable as yet. We have a manager who arranges watering, fertilising, picking, packing etc. as it's about 60km from home. We picked quite a few trees ourselves for our own use (and lots of friends and relatives).

Commercial interest rates are higher than residential so we hope to pay out the remaining $14k we owe ASAP.

Future profitability will all depend on successful crops, market glut etc. Interesting to have this as a side interest to our other investments.
Thanks Shirley. An interesting interlude from our usual residential houses.

It's good that the loan was not high. It sounds like a good, small speculative investment which could go either way, but (forgive me if I'm wrong), not the aprt of your investment portfolio you're relying on to retire :D

No, Geoff - don't expect it to support us in our old age. However, if residential investing goes belly-up, we'll sell up, build a little place there and just eat mangoes when we retire!
Shirley (alias fruitbat!)

1. 35
2. Export Supervisor for a Financial Institute
3. 54k
4. Married - 2 young boys
5. Sept 2003 - just the one. But obsessed and getting a plan down to buy all you guys out!

Keen

HI,

I have not posted for a long time as I have been extremely busy.

Will give this one a go.

1/ 33yr and 36 yrs of age
2/ Hubbie is a credit controller on 50K
3/ I have retired from the work force and doing property full-time
4/ we have 2 kids, 6yrs and 2yrs
5/ started in property January 2000

The last 3 years we have gone full- throttle with our investing.

We have acquired 2 IPs in January 2000 which have shown strong capital growth. One is in Maribyrnong and one in East Doncaster.

We also started building our Dream home in October 2000 and yes we leased it out for one year which was extremely hard.

The year 2000 was a turning point for us and I am pleased to say that in July of 2003 we finally sold our small PPOR and moved into
our Beautiful Dream home which is opposite the water, walking distance to cafes , restaurant, golf course, gym facilities, 24 hour security. It is truly what we dreamed off.

I have now decided to take a different route and concentrate on capital growth. I have purchased 4 blocks of land. Some I will develop, some I will sell for a profit. I have it all written down.

I have a written plan which lists all our goals, a financial forecast for the next 20 months on my plans for the above. I know exactly what interest is due every month, how much equity funds I have.
I look at my figures everyday for an hour. Revise, recalculate,etc.

I am very confident of achieving financial freedom within 2-3 years.
It has not been an easy road at all, but I am pleased to say that if you have a dream, and a vision, a good mortgage broker and a knack for figure work, and some GUTS and COURAGE you can do it.

Marina..

I'll answer so I can reuse ABCDiamond's line for Q2.

1. Nearing retirement
2. Vending operator " self-employed / semi retired / unemployed (depends who you talk to)"
3. Pass, but the Lady is a tax accountant
4. Still married to the child bride but with two adult kids still at home.
5. Only one IP finished just before GST came in currently more interested in gold shares but looking at property now.

Thommo

Summary of posts.....

Well, someone had to do it......

There were 79 Respondants to the question.

Question……......Average……......Median
Age (Self)…...…...35.98……......…35
Age (Partner)..…39.43…........…38
Income (Self).....$53,606……....$50,000
Income (Partnr).$46,117……....$48,000
Income (Total)…$62,724…....…$75,000
Marital Status….Married…........Married
(49 Married, 10 Attached, 12 Single, 4 Divorced, 4 ??)
Kids……………....…1.22…….........1
1st IP……………...1998…….........2000
Total Ips………..…3.49……......…2

And yes it was a pain to do it. :rolleyes:

The answers are based on what was proveded. Not everyone answered all questions, or in a standard manner.

But, it gives a good insight.

Cheerio to all

Simon.

Back