Tenants with Assistance Dogs

I had an idea last night about your situation. It's a bit out there but you never know. Why not try calling your local radio station and explain the problem to them on air, maybe they will try and help and ask the listeners to call in if they can help.
This is a great idea... even use the local newspaper or ACA/TT if you get desperate?

hey yo yo ma, I was only trying to help,

I know my idea is a bit out there , but some of the talk back radio shows do go out of there way to help listeners.

Anyway I'll just get back in my box and keep my ideas to myself :(

Hi karina
The problem with the internet is sometimes the wrong meaning can be conveyed because you can't see the other person. I was actually serious when saying you had a good idea and serious about using the media if needed. It was a genuine compliment to you and if it wasn't you would have had a ;) added.

A good example of using the media is the when a family had nowhere to rent over Christmas and their situation was published in our local paper. I rang up to assist them because they looked like a nice family but they had over 40 offers and found somewhere suitable.

Please keep posting your ideas... they have been really good... peace:)
Steve

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2007/dec/16/no-room-inn-family/

No keep the ideas comming! I have a few extra weeks as I asked for an extention and was given one so I hold the media idea in my back pocket for last minute use!

mon_sig.jpg

*bumpity bump bump* I just wanted to bump it up. Im still looking for somewhere to live. I become homless on the 28th Aug. Anyone have a property anywhere in Melbourne (with a prefrance to south east) around $200 a week?!?

Hi Monsqueek! I was wondering how you were going... sorry i can't actually offer any assitance but wanted to say good luck in your ongoing search!

Thanks guys. Im currently living in Dandenong on my own. Sharing is not really an option. Ive looked at it, but fit actually makes finding a place harder - adds another factor in.

I wanted to bump this thread back up again. I have sewcured an extention in my property untill November due to the kindness of the landlord, but we are still needing to move.

Just bumping this thread up. This month I am packing up the house and putting all my funiture into storage unless I can find somewhere to move to.

No luck yet. Ive kinda figured we will be gypsys for a while. Im going to find my tent, board one of my dogs with my mum and keep my medical alert dog with me and see where we end up for a while.

So what happened exactly with the applications you put in. Did they explain why you were not successful in each incidence?

Nothing happened with them. They selected other tennants and they dont say why. They are not under any obligation to. The only answer I get to that question is "The landlord doesnt tell us reasons, they just choose the application they want."

Back