the most superficial, self-indulgent and vacuous first-world problems

Just saw someone post this and thought - yeah baby - now there's a topic for those overly wealthy overly slack Aussies to get their teeth into.

What a top competition. Try and think up the slackest, most wanton demand that the 1st world hyper-consumer just must have.

You really have to put on your "make up and fake nails and high heels" hat to get on board with this one...

I'm thinking ;

• Automatic doggy-doo bags so you never have to clean up after your dog.
  • Combination remote control, to replace the six you have lying around.
  • New cutlery every time, so you don't need to wash up - ever.
  • Run flat tyres so you don't have to stop - who cares if they cost 5 times as much.
  • Better glue for fake nails.
  • Home delivered meals so you never have to shop or cook
  • Maids

Knock yourselves out, there's just gotta be better than that lot.

First prize for coming up with the most superficial, self-indulgent and vacuous first-world problem wins economy tickets for two to Bangladesh, where you'll spend 3 stinking hot days in a mozzie laden festering cesspit.

Enjoy. :)

What a top competition. Try and think up the slackest, most wanton demand that the 1st world hyper-consumer just must have.

You really have to put on your "make up and fake nails and high heels" hat to get on board with this one...

I'm thinking ;

• Automatic doggy-doo bags so you never have to clean up after your dog.

Enjoy. :)

Great idea for a competition..

What about a self-composting handbag for the Paris Hilton set, who like to carry their puppies around?

Reclining seats in economy far enough from the peasants in front but still cost less than 1/10000000th of our weekly wages per ticket ?

someone to warm the shower up and shampoo my hair in th emornings....
i wouldnt mind going to bangladesh, just need to get over this disease i brought back from cambodia first though

Do they need to be original?

Self-heating coffee cups (either battery powered or usb to your computer)
Same, but for mice on cold mornings - I think this one already exists actually. I KNOW it exists for toilets. Would also be good in slippers and bras :)
A vanity mirror on the passenger (or god forbid, the driver) sun visor that has facial recognition technology so it tracks towards the passenger so they don't have to put themselves out contorting so they can apply makeup.
A small robot that actually finds your keys and brings them back to you when you whistle.
Something like a roomba but for bathrooms, that can slide up glass and so forth and clean your shower screen, toilet bowl etc, the same way that water snails clean the inside of aquariums.

Now where's my venture capital :D

Forums & “Personal Networking sites” where you can just whinge about whatever you just thought of, without reason and especially without much thought & be greeted with cheers kudos by others who also wont put much thought into what they are saying !!!! !OLE !!!!!!

My superficial, self-indulgent and vacuous relatives in Sydney were discussing with us "what would you buy if you won $23M lotto?"

She suggested I buy a $16M harbourside home in Sydney....
I can buy a $1.2M waterfront home at Sandgate here in Brissie that would rock my boat to Eternity.

Desire Dream machine

Desire Dream machine,

Whatever you desire, go into the desire dream machine chamber, wear the machine start it and it puts you to sleep and makes you dream about your desires.

I am sure ppl think of some fancy desires in their lives (sex with so and so, winning Olympic gold medal, go on a holiday to some destination etc. etc.)

Cheers,
Oracle.

Or phones where you can surf the net, play games, talk to people etc etc without having to get out of your chair.

Oh hang on..,

My superficial, self-indulgent and vacuous relatives in Sydney were discussing with us "what would you buy if you won $23M lotto?"

She suggested I buy a $16M harbourside home in Sydney....
I can buy a $1.2M waterfront home at Sandgate here in Brissie that would rock my boat to Eternity.

I can put a 120 inch plasma and a $50k surround system in a $300k 2 bed villa in Balga and rock the whole neighbourhoood's world

I can put a 120 inch plasma and a $50k surround system in a $300k 2 bed villa in Balga and rock the whole neighbourhoood's world

Come and do that here beachside Gold Coast..........it's called Party House :D The rent return would be strong as would the repairs and repainting due to the demographic that rents these short term. :p

What about a self-composting handbag for the Paris Hilton set, who like to carry their puppies around?

Holy smokes - that's gotta be winning so far - top fix for a difficult problem. Beats the hell outta my doggy-doo bags.

Sorry fellas - wives warming up toilet seats has been disqualified - these are amply and freely available in all 3rd world countries.

Jaycee......maaaate.....you need to get out from your Balga flat more often....maaate.

Keep 'em coming, self composting handbag is great stuff, but not quite up there as the most pathetic "must have" for 2012.

Holy smokes - that's gotta be winning so far - top fix for a difficult problem. Beats the hell outta my doggy-doo bags.

Sorry fellas - wives warming up toilet seats has been disqualified - these are amply and freely available in all 3rd world countries.

Jaycee......maaaate.....you need to get out from your Balga flat more often....maaate.
Keep 'em coming, self composting handbag is great stuff, but not quite up there as the most pathetic "must have" for 2012.

I tried, but after the last time I jumped on a plane, I said to myslef bloody never again am I putting myself into a situation dealing with the general public too much

Back