Eating habits?

If you ate the best first you'd start the meal with ice cream or pudding?

Ex brother in law did that. Used to eat sweets first then dinner. Even if it was a big Sunday roast.
He also put jam on his hamburgers. I tried that once and it is rather nice....:eek:

He is from the USA originally.

When it comes to junk food snacks, I'm a big fan of switching between savoury and sweet. If I'm eating a bag of popcorn or potato chips, I'll have a handful then some chocolate, then another handful, then some more chocolate, so on. I also like eating bread after icecream and dipping french fries into sundaes.

Last edited:
When it comes to junk food snacks, I'm a big fan of switching between savoury and sweet. If I'm eating a bag of popcorn or potato chips, I'll have a handful then some chocolate, then another handful, then some more chocolate, so on. I also like eating bread after icecream and dipping french fries into sundaes.

Do you smoke?

Your taste buds are stuffed....!

Give it up and you will smell and taste everything properly again and probably change your extrordinary eating habits as well.:cool:

I know I did...;)

Your taste buds are stuffed....!

Give it up and you will smell and taste everything properly again and probably change your extrordinary eating habits as well.:cool:

I know I did...;)

Yeah, my taste buds are stuffed.

I always promised myself I would quit at 30. I recently turned 30...

When it comes to junk food snacks, I'm a big fan of switching between savoury and sweet. If I'm eating a bag of popcorn or potato chips, I'll have a handful then some chocolate, then another handful, then some more chocolate, so on. I also like eating bread after ice cream and dipping french fries into sundaes.

I never smoke, I have rather sensitive taste buds, but I eat a bit like Fifth above :)

When it comes to meals, I used to leave the best for last, but not so much anymore.
My kids eat what they like first.
It is interesting to watch because although they have exactly the same food, one finish eating the veggies first and the other one finish the meat first.

Yeah, my taste buds are stuffed.

I always promised myself I would quit at 30. I recently turned 30...

I quit at 32 after 20years of smoking. Best thing I ever did to date.
Worst thing was taking it up in the first place.

After a few months you begin to taste and smell things again and it is amazing how much you notice it. You think you could taste things before but after giving up the fags it's like a new lease on life.

Also, it's not all in the taste buds, it's partly the nose too.
Smell is part of taste, that's why God put the nose immediately above the mouth...!

So, like Michael Hutchence when he was bashed senseless (literally lost sense of smell) after that he could not smell or "taste" anything.

Give them up, you'll save heaps of dough (more IP's :)) and become a far healthier you...!

An old fella once told me... "if you were meant to smoke, you'd have a chimney...!":D

Quite often I do :)

Depends what's on my plate but generally it goes in this order:

1. Sample individual items
2. Eat combinations of items
3. If one item or combination of items stands out as especially tasty, save some of that until last

I dip french fries in my sundae too, though you'd only catch me doing it once a year or less.

I'm a mixer like you. In fact I cut up big things (like snags, chops, slabs of meat) into bit size pieces at the beginning so it's easier to get even amounts of everything onto the fork through to the end. Many people have commented on my 'childlike' cutting up approach. It also enables to me to 'tuck in' once it's all chopped up rather than the stop/start method.
I also find this approach good for eating foods you don't particularly like but know you should eat - it gets disguised along with something nice.

Your wife's way of eating doesn't make sense to me 'cos the lasting taste is the stuff you don't like that you left to the end - better to finish on a high note.

But while I'm a mixer where I can be I gotta admit in the case of crackling that gets left to last so I can really savour it. I also would much prefer to fill up on mains that leave room for dessert.

I'm a mixer like you. In fact I cut up big things (like snags, chops, slabs of meat) into bit size pieces at the beginning so it's easier to get even amounts of everything onto the fork through to the end. Many people have commented on my 'childlike' cutting up approach. It also enables to me to 'tuck in' once it's all chopped up rather than the stop/start method.

i also chop my snags, bigger items etc into smaller parts to start for the simple fact it lets them cool down quicker so i dont burn my mouth
and can keep shoveling that fuel into me

Back