The secret to my success

Its so tough... not...:)
Contact Council in metro areas of interest, find out what their zoning plans are for the future, speak to Planners they will give you this information and view their maps outlining precincts for rezoning.

Once you have identified suitable areas then get onto realestate.com, if everything is UNDER OFFER, then bingo, its hot. Contact RE agents at least 3, get onto their data bases, meet with them and start networking so you are number 1 of their list. Make sure you are ready to pull the trigger (cashed up) in a hot market otherwise your competition will wipe you out.

Ah the old "under contract" test. Its a pretty quick litmus test isn't it?

I was trying to understand what definition of "demand" you were using. For properties under offer we are talking about direct demand for buying right now. Zoning plans tend to effect the local economy, supply levels and gentrification, which all end up effecting demand but not so directly.

This is one I like for population forecasts...another type of "demand" not for every council in the country though.

http://forecast.id.com.au/shoalhaven/home

never heard of this poster, will have a look at this. thanks Rixter

The wife was one of the original Gurus on the forum , myself and other senior members of the forum learnt much from her . She had one of the original somersoft gatherings down in Canberra , where people came from all many parts of Australia to attend . We one one of many to make the trip from sydney .

She set up a networking group called freestylera in the mid 2000's and according to rumour tried to by somersoft off the Somers.

Cliff

The wife was one of the original Gurus on the forum , myself and other senior members of the forum learnt much from her . She had one of the original somersoft gatherings down in Canberra , where people came from all many parts of Australia to attend . We one one of many to make the trip from sydney .

She set up a networking group called freestylera in the mid 2000's and according to rumour tried to by somersoft off the Somers.

Cliff

I thought you were talking about your wife for a while until I remembered about the link posted. Another good thread!

In my mind, "The secret" is in the "Doing" not the "reading/wanting/thinking"...

One set of hands "Doing" something is worth more than a Million sets of hands "Preying" for something...

Great thread, got me thinking and have to agree with the intention from SC, that is thinking for yourself rather than being spoon fed.

The same applies to finance structuring for property investors.

I bet the "secret" is simple yet powerful if the time and effort is applied to figure it out, as the same applies to finance structures.

Looking forward to digesting the linked threads as well.

Cheers.

Chiming in for my version of the secret..

The secret is working out what works for YOU personally, and rinsing an repeating what works for you.

Seachange has a strategy that works for him, rixter has a strategy that works for him, the wife has a strategy that works for her and buffet has a strategy that works for him

Rixters strategy or Seachanges strategy might not work for joe bloggs, he needs to come up with a strategy that works for joe bloggs. That is the secret.

Kudos?

Ah the old "under contract" test. Its a pretty quick litmus test isn't it?

I was trying to understand what definition of "demand" you were using. For properties under offer we are talking about direct demand for buying right now. Zoning plans tend to effect the local economy, supply levels and gentrification, which all end up effecting demand but not so directly.

This is one I like for population forecasts...another type of "demand" not for every council in the country though.

http://forecast.id.com.au/shoalhaven/home

Whatever works is great.

I really am not a stats person, never have been. From my experience some of the stats I read can confuse and contradict and then you get the stats that at best are rubbery, confuses the hell out of me.

What I mentioned is very simple, but that is it, buying property is not rocket science.

I don't just look at listings, I am very much into networking with agents and have adopted the attitude.... "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours", they can be your best friend especially in a rising market.

I look at how long properties are on the market, what product is moving, who is buying, surrounding median prices, zoning etc. Also, thanks for the tips from fellow investors who are making money in a particular areas, why reinvent the wheel, just jump on the gravy train

I will give you an example of a gem I just purchased, it did not hit the market because I networked with the RE agent to ensure I closed the deal prior to this happening, otherwise there would have been a stampede.

Its a development site in an area which is surrounded by blue chip properties, however where I purchased the median house price is $200K below median of the surrounding areas/suburbs that's pretty exciting. My property is earmarked for rezoning, already approved by Council, which means I can build 6 apartments on my land or 3 villas, however 6 apartments will make far greater profits.

Great thread, got me thinking and have to agree with the intention from SC, that is thinking for yourself rather than being spoon fed.

The same applies to finance structuring for property investors.

I bet the "secret" is simple yet powerful if the time and effort is applied to figure it out, as the same applies to finance structures.

Looking forward to digesting the linked threads as well.

Cheers.

I would be walking in the dark if I did not have a very savy MB on board, absolutely key.

Cliff

Thanks for this, fascinating, so did this person actually retire from property, wonder what they are doing today.... just very curious.:)

In my mind, "The secret" is in the "Doing" not the "reading/wanting/thinking"...

One set of hands "Doing" something is worth more than a Million sets of hands "Preying" for something...

Agree.

"To know and not to do, is not yet to know."

Mick, I presume you meant Praying :)

And, whilst on that theme and with an action motive, here's another saying I like......"As you pray, move your feet."

Cliff

I joined the Freestyler Network back around 2000/2001 after joining SS.
Those were the days, the old web board very primitive compared to today's forum, but where I learned to do it my way.
Not so much on how, but to actually DO it !
Do it, and keep on doing it......I reckon is the secret ;)

We Hunter Valley freestylers had a few meetings in Newcastle that were interesting, but never got to meet The Wife.
Did I hear correctly, long ago, that she became ill or something not very good for her?

She was held in high regard and it's no wonder en you read that post Rick put up.

The Wife (otherwise known as Nivia Pryor) I believe now lives a quieter life, though I can only comment on the property side of things as I haven't read anything about her since the early 2000's (when she was allied with and admired by other property "gurus" at the time including Steve McKnight) She certainly came across as a prolific networker and if you look hard enough you may find some interviews she did back then (on audio tape of course!). Much like Brenda who used to frequent this forum, she bought a lot of property, undertook a lot of renos and just got stuck in. Freestylers was a group that we attended with loads of enthusiasm back then, and really was more of a "personal face-to-face forum" though with far fewer people :D
Some crazy personalities in that group :);):D

Watch
Listen
Learn
Build a system that suits you
Have a go
Make some mistakes
Try again
Adjust
Improve
Learn again
Never give up
Have fun on the way
Reach that goal
Maybe help some others
Live happily ever after....

I am desperately seeking enlightenment but unfortunately dont have the inclination to read all the posts on this thread. Can someone inform me how to make mega-bucks in three (or less) easy steps? Better still, just offload all your spare dosh to yours truly...come on! its been a fantastic 12 months for the property market!

Back