Well done SIM, or whoever updated this site

Well I've been in one of those first term time warps - getting over the school holidays, catching up on all those business tasks not done, while new ones pile in, and keeping up with the new order of school for all the kids.

I pop back here and it's all changed!

Where do you people find the time - its amazing - great ideas put into action - I want to congradulate you - well done.

JAM

It's praise I'm sure that has been hard won - many hours of work and much frustration at times.
So this is designed/maintained by just one person?
You continue to have my praise.

However currently I am often getting 'THe page cannot be displayed' messages when I click on different forums. And I have to wait, go back to the top of the Forum, and try again - eventually getting into the sub forum after sometimes up to 5 try's.

Is there something wrong with my computer or connection?

Has any one else experienced this?

JAM

Yeah, I put this all together myself - but it is actually commercial software we are using here - I didn't write it, I just configured it !

I haven't had any problems with not being able to access anything - either at home on broadband or while travelling on dialup. I suspect it may be something wrong with your computer or connection.

I assume you are on a dialup internet link ? Who is your provider ? What speed is your modem connecting at ?

I'm on dialup on a swannsmart V.90 56k external modem, via optusnet.com.au

What should I look at, or who could I harass to track down the problem?
(mind you its not to bad - just a bit anoying with the time delays)

It may be just set up and maintained by you - but that is a task in itself - especially with some of our more colourful members, and the shortcommings inheriant in any software, not to mention the complexity to get a system humming nicely.

JAM

Back