What Hours do you Work?

I'm in management in the public health system - nominally 8-4.30 (40 hrs/week) with ADO every 4 weeks. But probably more like 45 hrs/week.

My husband is engineer in private industry - his 'hours' are also nominally 8-4.30. However usually works 45-50 hrs/week. Exceptions are when there are project deadlines and he does 70-80 hrs/week, which includes weekends. This happens once a year for about 2-3 weeks. He is also on double my salary.

get ya jimmys ready!

"What Hours do you Work?"

yeah right, so everyone knows what time to do your house over:eek:

Still in the office, started today at 9:30 and I've got enough work to keep going all night. I did take a few hours in the middle of the day to visit someone in hospital.

Datto my wife is at home. She has a hockey stick and is protected by two very vicious dogs. Give it your best shot, but the neighbor has nicer stuff and is a much easier target. ;)

put the jimmys away!

Datto my wife is at home. She has a hockey stick and is protected by two very vicious dogs. Give it your best shot, but the neighbor has nicer stuff and is a much easier target. ;)

Rest easy PT, those days are long gone.

Just out of curiosity though, what hours does your neighbour work? lol,

I used to work in top tier law firms. I used to work a short day according to one boss. Arrive at 8 and finish around 630 was a standard day. I used to buy lunch so it was an excuse to leave the office. If I wasn't back within 15 mins the search party would be out looking for me. Once or twice a week I'd be having dinner in the firm dining room at 8 (dinner served by the resident chef on plastic plates) and home by 10.

Some of my colleagues would regularly cab it home at 5am to have shower and change to get back on the bus for a 9am start.

Funny that I never thought the hours were unreasonable most of the time. The moment I knew my time was up was when I got an abusive phone call from my boss at 7am. She had blackberried me at 3am when I was feeding my 8 week old baby to prepare an urgent email. It was substandard and the downhill slide commenced.

The only good out of all of that was the great borrowing capacities I held to buy multiple properties quickly.

Policy officer for govt dept - I work 7am until 3pm. Works perfectly for me, I start teaching flute from my home at 4pm twice a week :)

My standard office hours are 8.00 to 5.00 with 1hr unpaid lunch.
But it takes me 1.5 to 2hrs each way traveling to / from work.

I also occasionally do some after hours work, eg installations or maintenance that can only be done after hours as would be disruptive to business otherwise.

11am to 7pm, strictly.

It's a shift I chose and I like it. I'm at the gym before I start work, and I can do some things I couldn't on a more traditional shift.

It's telephone tech support.

Dazz, I was thinking about this topic while I went for a nice bike ride this morning (when everyone else was driving to work, lol). Came to the conclusion that at 37, I was semi-retired. I say semi-retired because I still have to work to receive an income. But that's okay, I love what I do and wouldn't give it up unless I was forced to. The difference is, like I said earlier, I work the hours I want to work and work with the people I want to work with.

So whilst I don't have a passive income sufficient to cover lifestyle expenses (yet - it takes time to build that comm property deposit, especially when you start a business!), I still consider myself semi-retired, because I can do what I want to do, when I want to do it. Not that I'll ever be fully retired, I just enjoy doing what I do too much.

You sound like you've worked your tail off and now you're in a great position Mark.....choice is a marvellous thing.

I probably work more hours in a week than most people . Around 60 hours a week on average or thereabouts .

My wife and I own a large dairy farm and we employ 3 Filipino guys as well as work in the business ourselves .

Standard hours are 9am-6pm, 5 days.

On top of that, I probably do another 5 hours weekly.

Total breaks range from 0 mins up to 60 mins, depending on the workload. Average maybe 30 mins daily.

Back