What is wedding food?

Run now while you still can :)

No seriously - the European thing to do is to include a seafood platter somewhere at the beginning.

Odervs - (spelling I know!!)

Fillet mignon.

Some chicken dish - Kiev is good ok now too not just 80s.

Fruit platter.

Something chocolate later ...

wjcUuxG.png

Last edited:
Mine is going to be all vegetarian. I'm anticipating quite a few complaints from the guests, but it's our wedding, not theirs, so our call.

Make it buffet style with chairs to sit on, they can stand to burn calories if they want :D Fine dining style is nice in concept but if you have a big guests list, everyone need to wait ages for the food to arrive. And don't do it on a cruise.

We threw a BBQ - so steak, salads and bread rolls

What would I like - a decent feed! Hate going to a function and being served an amazing looking plate with a squib of food in the middle

Mine is going to be all vegetarian. I'm anticipating quite a few complaints from the guests, but it's our wedding, not theirs, so our call.

Make sure you serve some of the amazingly tasting vegetarian dishes that are available ... worst wedding reception I went to was a vegetarian one where they insisted on serving varieties of fake meat.

If you don't eat meat - don't serve the fake stuff!

Make sure you serve some of the amazingly tasting vegetarian dishes that are available ... worst wedding reception I went to was a vegetarian one where they insisted on serving varieties of fake meat.

If you don't eat meat - don't serve the fake stuff!

Don't worry, we aren't doing that.

I'm pushing for a buffet as well, so there are more choices than normal. If it's alternating plates, it seems that most people are unhappy with the ones they get (or the guys are initially happy until their partner decides that they're swapping).

We got married at home and had a spit roast plus trimmings, we hired enough tables and chairs for everyone and it went very well.

You get it all at Normal prices and we got a great spread for about half the cost of "wedding" food.

We did ours at home, and had a company come in and do wood-fired ovens pizzas.

It really depends on what sort of wedding it is and what you guys want. Ours was really relaxed so the pizzas suited it, but if it was tuxedos and black tie then probably wouldn't have worked. Location will also determine what facilities you have etc.

Back