What is wedding food?

Just get an Italian to do the catering and you'll be fine.

That's pretty simplistic, there are plenty of atrocious italian restaurateurs and caterers, like most sectors of food.

MTR some of the best wedding food I've eaten has been when high quality but casual food has been served, I find the sharing aspect helps loosen everyone up.

All depends on the wedding and how formal it is, there are plenty of good caterers in perth.

I have not yet been to a wedding including my own where the food has been awesome.

You sample the food from the menu prior, however its good on that day, but the problem is they are bulk cooking and the quality goes from perhaps good to very ordinary.

Neighbour mentioned that he just spent $75,000 on his daughter's wedding, she married a Greek guy, apparently the food was sensational, but these are big $.

Also, another consideration is the drinks, who wants cheap wines?? So if the food is great, why supply wines that tastes like vinegar, surely that 's wrong.

MTR

Has a venue been organised yet? Also remember that some venues have dedicated catering agreements - so you may have a couple variables at play.

Personally I think the safe option is always a red meat and a chicken option + vegetarian for those inclined. I remember going to one wedding with alternating meals, one of the two options being seafood. The table I was on - quite a number of guests didn't like seafood at all and they ended up ordering a pizza in the car park later in the night when no one was looking.

Went to one recently that had all the food stall type setups. had a paella section a taco van.. that was really cool!
We just had ours and we did a Banquet, didn?t like the idea of buffet and everyone getting up and serving themselves. With the banquet it was really cool to sit back and see everyone sharing and passing the food around, we had big long tables too
Cheers

Our wedding food was pretty good although I wouldn't say amazing. Did love our wedding cake though - it was Jaffa flavoured. :D

If I was still living in Melbourne, I would order an undecorated version from the cake maker regularly

We threw a BBQ - so steak, salads and bread rolls

What would I like - a decent feed! Hate going to a function and being served an amazing looking plate with a squib of food in the middle

My daughter is getting married in August.
They have booked out the entire venue which includes 6 chalet cabins, for a weekend.
They are having a small semi casual wedding, and they think it will include a barbeque, salads etc.

Has a venue been organised yet? Also remember that some venues have dedicated catering agreements - so you may have a couple variables at play.

Personally I think the safe option is always a red meat and a chicken option + vegetarian for those inclined. I remember going to one wedding with alternating meals, one of the two options being seafood. The table I was on - quite a number of guests didn't like seafood at all and they ended up ordering a pizza in the car park later in the night when no one was looking.

Not organising a wedding at the moment, just thought I would ask the question as there has been lots of talk about weddings and TV shows where people have the overseas wedding, ie Bali etc, apparently very cheap to do. This is just to get some feedback, I like the subject.

Though I must admit I thought I was going to be planning a wedding next year but my daughter and her boyfriend just parted ways after 7 years, they had both been discussing their wedding and I thought they would come back from London engaged, not so. Never saw that one coming.

MTR:)

We got married at a hotel that caters for a lot of footy conferences so we knew the food portions would be reasonable. We went with tried and true, beef salad and chicken salad alternating for entree, steak and chicken and veggies for mains and apple pie or creme caramel for dessert. And an unlimited beer and wine package. Was mostly family and there were a lot of us. Was all about getting together and being able to sit and chat and enjoy each others' company and not be hungry.

I've been to weddings of much less than 100 people and the food was amazing as the chef had more time to prepare each meal rather than being a process line to get the meals out of the kitchen.

Mine is going to be all vegetarian. I'm anticipating quite a few complaints from the guests, but it's our wedding, not theirs, so our call.

I would decline the RSVP on principal alone. Sure, it's your wedding, but to force your personal diet on to everyone else? NEXT!

I have not yet been to a wedding including my own where the food has been awesome.

MTR, I have been to one wedding where the food was beyond sensational--it was in the western suburbs of Sydney. It was the best food I have had in years-anywhere. Italian cook and real Italian food. I suppose you're looking for something in Perth though, aren't you?

The food at my wedding also was very good. We had Peter Rowland doing the catering. We employed extra waiters to take extra food out. And I didn't think that it was too expensive either.

...my daughter and her boyfriend just parted ways after 7 years, they had both been discussing their wedding and I thought they would come back from London engaged, not so. Never saw that one coming.

MTR:)

That's tough. I hope she's okay. She'll need her mum.

Mine is going to be all vegetarian. I'm anticipating quite a few complaints from the guests, but it's our wedding, not theirs, so our call.

there is 'vegetarian and 'vegetarian delicious'
if its V.Del. there won't be any complaints, I attended a wedding that was veg, everything just tasted GOOD
at least half the attendees were carnivores only, nobody noticed

there had been discussions all through the squad room, the carnivores were suprised that the couple had not foisted their vegetarian views on anyone
>> around 3 weeks (after the honeymoon) the bride told me :)

nobody likes mashed chick peas : everybody likes hummus; kind of thing, just don't tell them

We regulary do these,

Clients choose to fork out for the venue or waterfront property as such and then get in a really good private chef and wait person. Over 4-5 hours they just send a steady supply of high quality canap?s around the guests., people usually slow down after 3 hours. This way the event stays casual and interesting and the food quality is always high but the cost is half of what you would pay for sit down alternate drop. Also when the kitchen is open plan the guests like to mingle with the chef ;)

We recently did one for a wealthy Italian family

They rented a ocean front 10 bedroom residence and bought in 100kg of seafood straight off the trawler, we supplied the wait, bar and kitchen staff and cooked the food and ran the event for them, id say the whole event inclusive of everything would of come in under 15k

That's pretty simplistic, there are plenty of atrocious italian restaurateurs and caterers, like most sectors of food.

Hi

I highly doubt that. Most if not all of the atrocious Italian restaurateurs and caterers would have suspiciously gone missing immediately after the event never to be found again.:eek:

Regards,

alicudi

Back