Where to get cheap theme park tickets?

I will be travelling to Gold Coast next week holiday with the family.

I wonder what is the best way to buy tickets to the theme parks (Movie world, Sea world)?

I think you can get a discount with RACQ (probably other motoring organisations too). We bought our Wet 'n' Wild tickets for cheaper by joining My Fun. Joining is free, you get the tickets through the net and print them out and save at least a half hour in a loooooooong queue.

My Fun has discounts for several parts, run by the same group.

Best to start by choosing which parks you want to go to and for how many days. If you are making multiple trips there are some good offers (eg unlimited entry for 14 days or 3 admissions for the price of two). Sea World, MovieWorld and Wet'n'wild Waterworld are all affiliated, while DreamWorld and White Water World are also together.

There is an offer available to Queensland residents only that is $50 for unlimited entry until June.

http://shop.myfun.com.au/attraction-highlight.asp?SpecialID=219
http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/drw_2008_standard.asp?name=Tickets

RACV. We did not buy ticket to every themepark but did buy a bundle during christmas. You have diff choices eg 3 theme parks together (movie, Sea, Wet and Water) OR Dream World and White water world (saving about $30 from memory). Cheers

If you have an Entertainment book it gives you 15% discount at Wet n Wild, Sea World, Movie world. There's aone where you can go to any 2 parks over 3 days. You need the card and you just present it at the entry to get the discount. Ask friends if they have one.
Look up the website
www.entertainmentbook.com.au/warnervillage

If I had more notice I could have sent you mine as it runs out in June and I get my new book in a few weeks. PM me if you want it and think it will get to you in time. I could post it tomorrow.
Lynne

Thank you all for your feedbacks.

Tickets can be purchased at discount in following ways:

(1) Internet
- Travel websites, including RACV, NRMA, RACQ
- Average discount is 10%

(2) www.myfun.com.au
- Special for Queensland residents only
- Unlimited entry to any parks until 30 June 2009, Adult $70, Child $50
- Requires photo ID on first day of use confirming Qld resident status

(3) Entertainment book
- Discount of 15% on presentation of Entertainment card at entry door

(4) Shop-a-docket voucher
- Found at back of shopping tickets
- Found at back of many Qld bus tickets
- Allow adults at kid price (50% off)
- Most likely offered to Qld and north NSW (2460-2490) residents only

(5) Special price at Surfers Paradise shopping mall stalls
- All stalls in Surfers Paradise sells tickets at discounted price
- How much cheaper? Likely 10% off

(6) Unorthodox methods
- RACQ has 30% off offer in 2008, members only
- Non-RACQ people can buy with RACQ using their own RACV or NRMA membership numbers as RACQ allows this

(7) Ebay

(8) Ticket upgrade at entry gate
- For example....dreamworld come back again within 14 days for $10 and seaworld upgrade your ticket to a 2 park pass for $10 to be used within 14 days and you can go to movieworld or wet n wild for $10 more

Last edited:
one tip is that when you are actually at the park, they always have loads of upgrade offers at really cheap prices.

for example....dreamworld come back again within 14 days for $10 and seaworld upgrade your ticket to a 2 park pass for $10 to be used within 14 days and you can go to movieworld or wet n wild for $10 more, they always have offers in the park etc.

I usually get one ticket with credit card points (free) and then upgrade to an annual pass special offer when I'm there. last yr we went to seaworld for free and upgraded to an annual pass for just $30 per person.

I once saw Dreamworld have a 2yr annual pass upgrade (have to be in the park already) includes white waterworld for $149!

If you plan to go to seaworld, movieworld or wet n wild, just pay for one park first and see what they offer you whilst there.

Also have a look on ebay under 'Tickets - Travel - Vouchers - Gift vouchers'

I found these by accident one night. I havent purchased any personally but they may be worth a look?

Cheers
Stella

Back