Why not having children is best thing ever

You can still travel - we manage to get overseas a few times a year with ours (7 and 1.5). I'm actually writing this from a London hotel room while they watch postman pat :)

We just spent in a month in Europe and are making our way back home this week. It's been a fun month - but also quite testing at times. Kids are hard work - no doubt about it, but I couldn't imagine them not being in my life.

That list didn't mention the 5am elbow to the nose I usually receive from our youngest each morning :-(

Cheers

Jamie

My 9 year old son is now on his second passport. He's been to UK, US (twice), the Caribbean (various countries), Germany, Hong Kong, Thailand and Malaysia. This Christmas we'll all be going (with our then 2 year old daughter) to the US and Caribbean again.

I love traveling with my kids. The memories are both precious and priceless.

And you won't know the upside until you do have them.

I have a wonderful niece and nephew, both of whom I love very much. After spending a couple of hours with them, it just reinforces my choice to never have children.

It's great spending time with them, but when I get home, it's equally wonderful to walk into a secluded, quiet space.

The best way to have kids is make sure they don't know you're the father.

Any kids around the Druitt that look like me is purely coincidental:D

Like some members here they don't know who there father is.

Can't wait until i turn 80 with no kids laying sick in bed with no one to visit me, no kids no life.

It's hilarious how some people think having a kid ensures a babysitter for later in life. :p

Don't know whats more hilarious having a kid so you don't die lonely death or devel...... Oh i won't bother going into that just for embarrasment sake :D LOL reel em in!

Don't know whats more hilarious having a kid so you don't die lonely death or devel...... Oh i won't bother going into that just for embarrasment sake :D LOL reel em in!

Oh please continue. Or you can always log in as a different user and tell us how you really feel :D

My kids wake up between 6-7 AM everyday but I (not my wife) am an early started so doesn't really bother me that much. But, the kids know that throwing tantrums doesn't mean anything in our household, except get them into more trouble. So, they don't scream asking for things.

You know what always amazes me with the people I know who have no kids? They all lead incredibly conventional lives. They have a home and a car and a conventional job. They have lives into which children could slot really easily.
I reckon somebody without kids has no excuse to not lead an extraordinary life. And that doesn't mean a bit of travel and a sports car and sleeping in.

Another eternal debate

private school vs public school
shares vs properties
kids vs no kids

it is just a choice people made, each of these choice bring different out comes and experience

there is no betterment in one or the other,

Human psychology, people will always tried to justify their decision is better than their peers when they have doubt about their decision and need some sort of re-assurance that their decision is just.

If you are happy and reach a level of contentment with your decision there is nothing to see here really and you never need to come up with reasons (like the list in OP) why you made such a decision or need to show other how better off you are :)

You know what always amazes me with the people I know who have no kids? They all lead incredibly conventional lives. They have a home and a car and a conventional job. They have lives into which children could slot really easily.
I reckon somebody without kids has no excuse to not lead an extraordinary life. And that doesn't mean a bit of travel and a sports car and sleeping in.

I go shipwreck hunting.

Southern Ocean Exploration

Everyone on the team either doesn't have kids, or their kids are adults.

I go shipwreck hunting.

Yeah, but that's just like going on an adventure holiday. Loads of people do that sort of thing. Still pretty conventional.
If you were to shut your business, sell everything you have, buy a boat and take-off to find shipwrecks, that would be more like it.

Not everyone who doesn't have kids are trying to do anything spectacular...some just prefer the freedom, or simply don't have an interest in it.

Personally, I think one of the worst things is people who don't want to have kids, but still has them because it's expected or because everyone else is doing it. I mean, you wouldn't buy a Rolls Royce just cos your neighbour gets one, right?

And you won't know the upside until you do have them.

What happens if you have them and then discover you don't like them? Or that you don't like parenting?

I think having kids is a big deal, that's why I didn't have them.

A parent has a huge responsibility, it's not something just anyone can do properly, and it's not something we should encourage anyone/everyone to do. Let everyone think long and hard before making that enormous decision.

Back