Carb-Nite Solution

Fiber is not a problem. Don't stress

Been on this for 3 days.
My carbs are going just a touch over 30g/day, as most high fat/protein foods still have a few grams of carbs per serving.
Finding it difficult to get under 30g carbs daily unless I restrict my food choices down even more.

I read that you can deduct your fibre intake from your carb intake to calculate net carbs for the day, is this true?
If so, my carbs will be much lower.

Confirm please?

Total carbs minus number of grams of fiber (soluble and insoluble) per serving minus ? the number of grams of sugar alcohols if 5 or more from total carbohydrates = net carbs

Thanks Jasa.

So to confirm, if I eat:
Birds Eye Steam Fresh - Broccoli, Corn, Peas & Green Beans Mix, 150g - 86cals, 10 Carbs 1 Fat 6 Protein 7 Fibre.
Does this mean the net carbs is only 3 grams?

If so, I would like to eat this 2 or 3 times a day for health.
Is this confirmed?

Thanks again.

Yes this is correct.

Carbohydrates - Fiber = net carbs.

For the intial 10 days carbs are supposed to be <20g per day.

After the 10 day ketosis shock and awe, carbs can be up to 30g per day.

The point of this diet is fat loss. Eat as little carbohydrates as you can. Dont try and reach your max every day.

The past 38 days that I have recorded - have an average of 5.24 carbs each.

How are you sleeping?

Are you doing any training?

Are you drinking protein?

Strip the corn out of your vegetable mix. It should not be eaten while on a CNS Ultra low carb day.

Broccoli and beans are great.

Last edited:
eat fresh vegetables, meat, fish and eggs (all organic if possible), minimal dairy, minimal bread and cerial grain products, no or close to nil sugar especially refined, and absolutely no processed foods.

Oh, and stop counting carbs, calories/kilojoules etc.
Weigh yourself in 2 weeks sticking to this diet and I guarantee you WILL lose weight AND feel way better AND have no more hunger crashes.

Simple, easy, basic health 101.:)

Must add, Coconut (oil, flakes, cream, milk, whatever form of coconut)....very very very great!

Last edited:
Why have a carb night?

Why not just moderate and limit carbs, drown them out with the real food ?

Is it so people can indulge/binge out one night a week?

Just askin...:)

Yes this is correct.

Carbohydrates - Fiber = net carbs.

For the intial 10 days carbs are supposed to be <20g per day.

After the 10 day ketosis shock and awe, carbs can be up to 30g per day.

The point of this diet is fat loss. Eat as little carbohydrates as you can. Dont try and reach your max every day.
Trying to achieve this, going from 300g to 30g is not easy...
The past 38 days that I have recorded - have an average of 5.24 carbs each.
How !!!
Here's some of the foods I've eaten recently:
4 x eggs - 3g carbs
60g walnuts - 3g carbs
160g John West Salmon - 2g carbs
50g Tasty Cheddar - 1g carbs

That's 9g carbs right there...

How are you sleeping?
Very wellAre you doing any training?
Weights 3 x weekAre you drinking protein?
Not anymore, otherwise I'd be eating air.

I noticed 60g of almonds I ate had 3g carbs, but 7g fibre, does this make it negative 4g carbs?
I did not delete this 7g of fibre from my carb count.

Thanks

eat fresh vegetables, meat, fish and eggs (all organic if possible), minimal dairy, minimal bread and cerial grain products, no or close to nil sugar especially refined, and absolutely no processed foods.

Oh, and stop counting carbs, calories/kilojoules etc.
Weigh yourself in 2 weeks sticking to this diet and I guarantee you WILL lose weight AND feel way better AND have no more hunger crashes.

Simple, easy, basic health 101.:)

Must add, Coconut (oil, flakes, cream, milk, whatever form of coconut)....very very very great!

What's so good about coconut?
I've been drinking some coconut milk recently, but still has carbs...
2g per 165ml tin.

Need to count calories to track my progress, don't want to waste away too fast...
I lose weight eating pizza and McDonalds.
Don't want to lose weight, want to lose fat and hold or gain lean muscle mass.

Tonights data is attached.

Answer your queries tomorrow.

Attachments

• Meal 93 - WIP - 30.10.13.jpg
    Meal 93 - WIP - 30.10.13.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Meal 93 - WIP 2 - 30.10.13.jpg
    Meal 93 - WIP 2 - 30.10.13.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Meal 93 - Ratios - 30.10.13.jpg
    Meal 93 - Ratios - 30.10.13.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 54
Shtarker: Are you crazy? This is radioactive material! One wrong move, and it's ka-frickin'-boom!
Siegfried: This is KAOS. We don't "ka-frickin'-boom" here.

Hi MaxwellSmart,

IF i was on your diet and referring to the above,id get rid of the pre packaged as per additives "ka-frickin'-boom" not good for you.

Cheers Spades.

Hi MaxwellSmart,

IF i was on your diet and referring to the above,id get rid of the pre packaged as per additives "ka-frickin'-boom" not good for you.

Cheers Spades.

I am unsure what you mean Spades?

I got a big suprise today when I found out that Woolworths Californian Walnuts have many more carbohydrates than the Australian versions. My numbers for the past two nights have blown out. The two lunch meals also made my protein intake too high. Ill go back to IF next wk.

Ace - If your protein shake is unsweetened and unflavoured, have one of them each morning. + a bulletproof coffee.

Attachments

• Meal 94 - Ratios - 31.10.13.jpg
    Meal 94 - Ratios - 31.10.13.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 36
  • Meal 95 - Ratios - 1.10.13.jpg
    Meal 95 - Ratios - 1.10.13.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 41
Maxi, how can those walnuts have so many carbs, are they sugar coated?

Also, did you get symptoms of keto-flu ?
I've got a few symptoms and coming into 6th day now, hopefully will go soon.
I was really thinking this diet is not for me until I found out keto-flu is a common thing.

The most surprising thing of all after 6 days of this diet is that I have not had any carb cravings at all, which is very strange.
Was expecting to feel like a drug addict going cold turkey.

Last edited:
Could this diet lead to high blood pressure?
I'm sure my pulse rate has increase since being on this diet for 8 days now.
Will do some cardio, but hope it's not just masking what's going on inside.

I am unsure what you mean Spades?

Hi Maxwell,

I was referring to the canned/pre packaged stuff in your diet,to many additives,fresh is best.

Could this diet lead to high blood pressure?
I'm sure my pulse rate has increase since being on this diet for 8 days now.
Will do some cardio, but hope it's not just masking what's going on inside.

http://www.rd.com/health/diet-weight-loss/why-low-carb-diets-arent-the-answer/

Interesting story below

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18304-1378233315-24.gif

Woman loses 88 lbs on high-fat, low-carb 'keto-paleo' diet

A woman who lost 88 pounds in one year on a high-fat diet has become an Internet sensation after a Reddit user posted a five-second GIF showcasing her stunning transformation.

The 5-foot-4 Amanda, who declined to give her last name, slimmed down from 222 pounds to 134 pounds on a high-fat, moderate-protein, low-carb, low-calorie diet. She lost the weight between July 2011 and July 2012 without exercising, and has since kept it off.

She consumed 1,200-1,300 calories a day combining the principles of the Paleolithic diet and a ketogenic diet. "I do my own kind of Keto-Paleo hybrid," Amanda wrote on Reddit under the username "dignityblows."

Amanda, 26, but lost weight effortlessly by consuming "Paleo" foods such as eggs, fish, pork, beef, lamb, chicken, vegetables, small amounts of fruit and nuts, and avocado/coconut/almond oils. Her daily caloric intake consisted of 60% fats, 30% protein and 10% carbs.

While conventional wisdom preaches that dietary fat is evil, the demonization of fat is increasingly being rejected by experts who underscore that high-quality fats (including saturated animal fats) are critical for good health.

A higher pulse rate is normal. It's a great sign that the diet is working. You should be feeling more alert.

A Keto-flu is normal. The weekly carb-nite is not enough to throw your body out of Ketosis so you shouldnt regularly feel like garbage.

Are you waking up in hot sweats? Still sleeping fine?

It sounds like you are making great progress.

I have attached the offending Walnut Kernels - watch out.

http://carbnite.com/

Attachments

• Meal 96 2  - 2.10.13.jpg
    Meal 96 2 - 2.10.13.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 1378621923675 smaller 1 crop 2.jpg
    1378621923675 smaller 1 crop 2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Walnut Kernels.jpg
    Walnut Kernels.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Meal 96 - Ratios - 2.10.13.jpg