First World probs

Yeah, so there's been a fair bit of heated discussion here the last few months, kids.

What with the Election, and Collingwood not making the Granny :mad: :D, so I thought it was time for a bit of comic relief.

Last night the good wife and I got some take-away Thai to celebrate her birthday, to go along with the Ritchies cake and flowers, and the Sav Blanc on special. (

How's that for finacially conscientious spending?

Anyway, I had to dig a prawn out of the curry, and saw to my horror that the tails were still on all of them, so I had to separate the meat from the tail....extra work.

I don't want to have to go to any effort to eat a god-damn prawn in a curry, so how about they cut the thing off before putting it in my meal, ok? :D

What other First World probs have you experienced lately?

Not a problem for me, I eat the tails:)

Complaints about having to wait 10 seconds for the hot water to arrive when you turn the hot water tap on in the shower.

It reminded me of the 4 hour ordeal I had to go thru to have a warm bath down at the farmhouse.

1. You start your shower by picking up the axe in the backyard.
2. Chop enough mallee roots to fit snugly into the bottom of the copper. The normal ones don't fit.
3. Go and get some old newspapers and scrunch them up.
4. Get down on your hands and knees in the dust and feed in kindling, whilst blowing it to keep it alive. Dust in face the whole time when dry, or mud when it's wet, take your pick.
5. Feed in mallee roots and keep alive.
6. Go get two buckets and start hauling rainwater from the old iron tanks below the downpipes running from the roof.
7. Haul at least 10 buckets to fill the copper.
8. Haul another 10 buckets of cold water into the bath to bulk the volume up.
9. Wait 3 hours for the copper to boil.
10. Change to steel buckets (the plastic ones are no good for boiling water).
11. Carefully haul in 8 boiling buckets of water, without spilling it everywhere.
12. Kids go first.
13. Haul more cold water, 8 buckets to the copper and top up whilst waiting for the kids to finish.
14. Finally haul the 10 boiling buckets of water to the bath so the adults can go one at a time.
15. When finished, because the plumbing drainage isn't hooked up, need to haul all of the 28 buckets by now of tepid soapy water out again. In PJs and thongs, you get a bit of a sweat up and your feet are filthy. Don't slip with the water sloshing and the dust outside, as you dump it all on the fruit trees.

By the end of it all and you've wiped down the interior of the bath, you need a shower.

Need to wait 10 seconds for the hot water to come out - get real....first world problem.

Order chilli mussels ask for very, very, very hot, but when it arrives its always mild, I think they just wave the chilli over the top.

Don't they understand that some people are addicted to chilli... hot means HOT, on a scale of 1-10 its a 9:eek:

I am really thirsty and there is nothing in the house to drink except virtually free, unlimited clean fresh water.

First world problem indeed.

Oh, and did I mention that my wireless internet seems to be slightly slower today?

I am really thirsty and there is nothing in the house to drink except virtually free, unlimited clean fresh water.

First world problem indeed.

Oh, and did I mention that my wireless internet seems to be slightly slower today?

I was at a meeting of new parents of children starting kindergarten many years ago, when the teacher mentioned one of the rules was no fruit juice/boxes, cordial or soft drinks to be brought in, and a parent piped up and said, "well my child won't drink water".

It was said in complete seriousness :eek:.

Teacher responded with, of course they will if they are thirsty, and left it at that.

You could read what all the other parents were thinking by the looks on their faces.

You could call that dumb first world parenting.

Weg,
I'm happy all our kids are thru school.

Schools have become worse as far as dictating what parents are permitted to send to school with their children.
I'm sure my head would pop off :D if I had to deal with their crap now.

Weg,
I'm happy all our kids are thru school.

Schools have become worse as far as dictating what parents are permitted to send to school with their children.
I'm sure my head would pop off :D if I had to deal with their crap now.

The reason for this was because they didn't want spillage of sticky drinks - they allowed the plastic water bottles inside the class.

A fair enough rule I think.

The reason for this was because they didn't want spillage of sticky drinks - they allowed the plastic water bottles inside the class.

A fair enough rule I think.

Yes, that is a fair compromise.

With our schools it included nothing made with peanut butter, no candy, cookies/cakes, pop to name a few.

OMG! I have just arrived home to discover my wife and daughter have each had a row of the Cadbury 'Snack' chocolate block I bought yesterday! Now if people know their Snack chocolate, you will know you get the Turkish delight, caramel, coconut and strawberry combination in the first and last rows - the only rows where you avoid the pineapple and orange squares! Well that's the rows they took! NOT HAPPY JAN!:mad:

So I've fixed that pair up now ! I took the remaining 4 rows out, dissected out all the 'good' squares, and left only the pineapples and orange ones (for me to eat at a later date as I'm the only one who eats them)!

pinkboy

I was a victim of ferals with shopping aisle rage issues on Saturday. A lady and her teenage daughter were walking up the middle of the aisle with a trolley. As I was approaching they stayed in the middle without budging. I squeezed past with my trolley, side-swiping the shelves to get past. My kids were lagging behind me. The lady says loudly to her daughter so my kids could hear, "What a *****, she didn't even say excuse me". When we met again in the next aisle the teenager walks in front of my trolley and stops in front of me and says in a sarcastic voice, "Sorry!"

Makes grocery shopping so pleasant.

Stopped at the pub for a quick beer on the way home from work yesterday & missed Happy Hour by 2 mins. Had to pay $4.50 instead of $3... :(

Back