- Irish Breakfast tea bags
- Lipton tea bags
- Green tea bags
- I'm sure there is another tea bag
- hot chocolate tin
- raw sugar packets
- splenda
- white sugar

The firstworld tantrums start around 3pm on Fridays when the cleaning crew come to clean the coffee machine and we have to <sob> use the Nescafe gold.

Still no Milo, it's borderline discrimination.

Get your scissors out and cut it to size. Seriously you can do that. Youtube it

Can confirm, did this recently. Then I smashed my new phone and couldn't put my chopped up IM back in my old phone.

Get your scissors out and cut it to size. Seriously you can do that. Youtube it

Yes I do this all the time when I'm traveling because a lot of places want to charge more for a micro SIM card than a normal one. Just get a pair of scissors and trim the big one using your friend's micro SIM as a template. The idea is to make sure the metal plates make contact. Most shops have a cutter which makes it easier.

4GTYHR4LYCkHhtta.jpg

micro-sim-card-cutter.jpg

I work for the government and we have to provide all our own coffees and teas. Can't complain, I suppose. I still have my job.

Now that's an oxymoron. Like military intelligence or fun run.

Are you suggesting that us capitalists on Somersoft don't have a strong work ethic?

Or that we are really working for our own best interests and just happen to collect a pay cheque from the Govt?

Are you suggesting that us capitalists on Somersoft don't have a strong work ethic?

Or that we are really working for our own best interests and just happen to collect a pay cheque from the Govt?
Any large organisation has its fair share of people who learn how to avoid real responsibility.

Now that people are starting to be made redundant in the federal public service (a friend finished up last week) I can't see it getting much better either.

You will get those people who only had a few years left putting up their hands. But you also have the younger ones who know they have done a good job and will easily be able to get a job in the outside world volunteering for redundancies.

(Sorry to attempt to make a serious comment on this thread. I may have to delete it as being off topic).

Had day surgery done yesterday. Bad history of bowel cancer in my genes, so had colonoscopy done. All good.

Anyway, I wait at reception for a bit, wait in day surgery room for an hour, wait to get operated on, wait to recover. That's all good. Probably taken 5 hours now, start to finish. There has to be some system where everyone waits. But then I'm allowed to leave the recovery room, so I say can I go? No, I've gotta wait to be discharged? OK? Must be some important reason I gotta wait more? So I wait another hour and half, then it takes 30 seconds for a nurse to tell me I shouldn't drive or drink alcohol for the next 24 hours! WTF! They could have told me that as I walked out of the recovery room! Gee's I was cranky! It wasn't to let me recover longer as my wife was there to drive me home.

See ya's.

Had day surgery done yesterday. Bad history of bowel cancer in my genes, so had colonoscopy done. All good.
I had a checkup yesterday. The doctor mentioned that I had had a blood test to detect problems with my thyroid. That surprised me- but it turns out that he meant my prostate.

For a moment there, I thought he was going to stick his finger down my throat.

Anyway, I wait at reception for a bit, wait in day surgery room for an hour, wait to get operated on, wait to recover. That's all good. Probably taken 5 hours now, start to finish. There has to be some system where everyone waits. But then I'm allowed to leave the recovery room, so I say can I go? No, I've gotta wait to be discharged? OK? Must be some important reason I gotta wait more? So I wait another hour and half, then it takes 30 seconds for a nurse to tell me I shouldn't drive or drink alcohol for the next 24 hours! WTF! They could have told me that as I walked out of the recovery room! Gee's I was cranky! It wasn't to let me recover longer as my wife was there to drive me home.

See ya's.
This is all only because some folk love to sue everyone's @rse.

The hospital has to go through this rigmarole to protect themselves...and us.

i believe you might be able to use other airline lounges if youve got an amex platinum card, even if youre not flying with that airline. some other platinum cards might have that feature too

I think my bank must read my posts on here as they sent me Altitude Black this week which comes with the Amex Priority Pass membership.

#firstworldproblem
We have run out of garaging for our cars and my Karmann Ghia hasn't even arrived yet. DH has 4 and I have 1, soon to be 2.

I work for the government and we have to provide all our own coffees and teas. Can't complain, I suppose. I still have my job.

I got into a debate with a guy once who claimed that public servants got free lunch provided at work. Maybe 50 years ago :eek:

I got into a debate with a guy once who claimed that public servants got free lunch provided at work. Maybe 50 years ago :eek:

When I worked in England (many years ago) the employer provided a heavily subsidised cafeteria with excellent lunches. And a subsidised pub- but only open after working hours.

I don't see employers like that now.

When I worked in England (many years ago) the employer provided a heavily subsidised cafeteria with excellent lunches. And a subsidised pub- but only open after working hours.

I don't see employers like that now.
The Staff canteen at Frangers Hospital does.

Was reading a nth nsw paper a few weeks ago and checking through the add sections there was one for "How too cut your power bill in half" just send off $5 bucks to a Gold Coast po box so not thinking too much into it and after all the new laws for Qld and bikies I sent me $5 off,got a letter on Friday nothing inside but a small note and a pair of 20 cent scissors..

Back