How do you stay motivated?

There's really no better feeling than doing your own deals. Most people (in their job) are doing work for someone else and reap only a fixed remuneration each fortnight no matter what the outcome is. There is no reward, risk nor accountability. Doing my own investments allow me to be rewarded for going out there and taking a chance, and that in itself is the reward that money can't buy.

I wish I was motivated as I've spotted a couple of good deals around recently - but it just ain't happening.

The fact that you are even looking at deals means you are still motivated, but not to the normal extremely high rate that you normally are! :)

I'm not even looking these days. Totally lost it.

I know its off topic, but it is very difficult to stay motivated to do anything with the weather we are having in Sydney..... I'm so desperate for sunshine and heat.

The fact that you are even looking at deals means you are still motivated, but not to the normal extremely high rate that you normally are! :)

Very true ... I was motivated enough to find them - but not enough to part with the deposit :D

Just as well - am in the process of buying and even better deal with that deposit money.

As for the weather! We're in in Newcastle, was 16 degrees yesterday at 3pm ... had the fire lit the last two nights! Damn - isn't it traditionally the hottest month of the year?

My motivation comes from setting goals and imagining the future I want.

Hanging around people I want to be like helps a lot too :p

There's really no better feeling than doing your own deals. Most people (in their job) are doing work for someone else and reap only a fixed remuneration each fortnight no matter what the outcome is. There is no reward, risk nor accountability. Doing my own investments allow me to be rewarded for going out there and taking a chance, and that in itself is the reward that money can't buy.

Yeah true, but I'll take a 9am-5pm 200k package with work/life balance over slogging until midnight and pulling in less in a "business" any time.

This "job bashing" is not always a good reflection of reality. Business is tough!

But I do agree with your underlying angle of having your own destiny and being rewarded accordingly. Investments are perfect for that.

Yeah true, but I'll take a 9am-5pm 200k package with work/life balance over slogging until midnight and pulling in less in a "business" any time.

This "job bashing" is not always a good reflection of reality. Business is tough!

But I do agree with your underlying angle of having your own destiny and being rewarded accordingly. Investments are perfect for that.

Agreed. Especially since on the thread next door on Kiyosaki's CF quadrant poll 63 % voted to be employees. Trouble for me is the package aint even close to half of what u said, so eyeing off the alternatives.

We all need Mentors, people that have done it before!

My motivation comes from setting goals and imagining the future I want.

Hanging around people I want to be like helps a lot too :p

How did you get so wise at your age?
I agree totally.
1. Set goals.
2. Imagine, SEE and FEEL the end result.
3. Use affirmations everyday!
4. Learn, figure out a strategy then ACT!
5. Surround yourself with mentors (like minded people, positive investors with proven records, magazines, subscriptions, seminars, web forums, etc...) and build a team around you.
6. Be Disciplined.
7. Repeat the process over and over again.
If you realise that property is a long term strategy investment rather than a short quick get rich scheme that may help.
Most very successful people apparently do one thing very well over and over again. So find out what works for you and just act!
I need my mentors constantly so seminars, magazines and personal contacts I have I use them all the time.
The question is what do you want from your preoperty investment as an end result? What expectation, goal, wish, dream do you have? What do you need to do to achieve it? What are you willing to give up for your dream?
It's like building a house, you start to dream about it, plan it, imagine it, figure out all the details, finishes, and then you see the end result of what you dreamed. Well, so is with anything in life. How can anyone achieve things if they do not believe and know what they want? So start there....

Actually the most important thing is to hang out with people of similar mindset. In a liberal society like ours the most important thing is the willpower as we all have similar opportunities.

Actually the most important thing is to hang out with people of similar mindset. In a liberal society like ours the most important thing is the willpower as we all have similar opportunities.

I agree with this... Although it's a shame when (personally) you find yourself so busy doing the slog that you feel like you can't fit in the time to do so.

I agree with this... Although it's a shame when (personally) you find yourself so busy doing the slog that you feel like you can't fit in the time to do so.

The important words being feel like you can't because whether you think you can or think you cant, you will be correct. It's this that divides the 'haves' from the 'have nots'.

Food for thought.

I agree mind set is higly important but IMO, the most important thing is to START! I can hang around all I like around this forum, read only the positive comments, the inspiartional and knowledgeable stories, but if I do not start to build wealth it will not come. So most important IMO is to start and to act!

Doing a 9-5 job for $200k (something I more or less do, but for a bit more) is okay. But it's not particularly inspiring if your passion's not there.

I'd say everybody needs to generate a bit of capital/cashflows/cap growth to kick-start things. Then you can come out and try to win business.

If it fails, you still have enough capital and/or cashflows to fall back on and can sleep at home.

Doing a 9-5 job for $200k (something I more or less do, but for a bit more) is okay. But it's not particularly inspiring if your passion's not there.

I'd say everybody needs to generate a bit of capital/cashflows/cap growth to kick-start things. Then you can come out and try to win business.

If it fails, you still have enough capital and/or cashflows to fall back on and can sleep at home.

Yeah I'd agree with that.

I have a side passion business to address that and just try to make do and make the well paying day job as exciting as I can as its not my super perfect passionate dream job either. I get a bit of travel out of it and am driving a nice car, so its not too bad overall.

I've done the pure passion thing where I went hell for leather doing my passion business for 2 years and I couldn't feed myself unfortunately. So I've done full circle now and the day job supports the passion business to be able to continue to run and build up slowly slowly.

I don't have any other answers unfortunately!

I guess what I am asking is, has your motivation for property ever subsided, and if so, how did you get it back on track?[/QUOTE]

Yes ... and I have had to revisit my goals to get back on track. Reading motivational books and listening to talks, not just about property but about any sort of success has helped.

Getting clear about what it is I want helps to motivate me. Just been relooking at attitude to see where I can improve after going downhill
after a series of personal setbacks.

Its sort of like the tide ..it goes out for a bit then comes in....

Yeah I'd agree with that.

I have a side passion business to address that and just try to make do and make the well paying day job as exciting as I can as its not my super perfect passionate dream job either. I get a bit of travel out of it and am driving a nice car, so its not too bad overall.

I think that's a fair comment. The journey's very similar for me. I enjoy my day job. It's safe, stable and provides for my family but I have to be honest...I'm not passionate about it.

I'm passionate about personal development and trying to buy back some of my time so I can spend it with my family. Property is an avenue I think I can get there sometime in the future. I'm also open to other avenues of becoming financially independent and I'll assess these as I come across them on my journey.

I agree with other posters that you just have to have a go. Get educated, listen to mentors in the market, talk to like minded people, visualise and act on attaining your goals. Always strive for bigger better but most of all ACT!

I find having goals and achieving my short term goals as part of a broader long term strategy makes it easier to maintain my sanity in my day job. I'm happy because I know that I'm working towards a bigger picture, if that makes sense.

Jack

Back