How do you stay motivated?

Being an identical twin and having someone to bounce ideas off motivates me. We both talk about property, discuss our offers, research...it's never boring :) Recently we got told by an agent that we were hammering him with questions. We like being double trouble ! And it's great that we do it in two's. My sis just bought her second and now I'm buying my second. Plus my mum is always present and takes interest whenever we make a decision - and looks after the renos in our absence, for which I'm grateful.

I'm also motivated by the idea of travelling the world....and staying in nice places.

I'm also motivated by the highly successful people on this forum. Sometimes I wonder if I will get there where some of the people here are (a bit of negative self talk), but I have no doubt that I am on the right path for me. I don't see myself doing 9 to 5 in the corporate world for too long. Perhaps till I'm in my early/mid 30s. I'm 26 at the moment. Property is something I enjoy a lot more than the corporate world. In property I do my own appraisals, I have my own self to judge my choices...not a boss overlooking what I do. That's the beauty of it :). This realisation in itself is big....

I have family friends who have kids older than me living in million dollar homes and holidaying the world. I do feel envious at the ease with which they have everything on the platter. But I hope I only look back at my hard work with pride and say "I did it". It reminds me of the story of the hare and the tortoise :).

I have family friends who have kids older than me living in million dollar homes and holidaying the world. I do feel envious at the ease with which they have everything on the platter. But I hope I only look back at my hard work with pride and say "I did it". It reminds me of the story of the hare and the tortoise :).

You made me smile MsAli.:)
You know I have learned that practicing delayed gratification is not so bad and if you keep yourself focused time will certainly go by very quickly.
Now our kids live in such a home and travel too. I wonder sometimes if they will continue to be motivated to learn and to continue on our path...Time will only tell..
I also believe what you learn will stay with you, so remember we could all lose our wealth.
Part of the journey will be a personal journey not just financial, so hopefully we become a bit wiser too....:D

You made me smile MsAli.:)
You know I have learned that practicing delayed gratification is not so bad and if you keep yourself focused time will certainly go by very quickly.
Now our kids live in such a home and travel too. I wonder sometimes if they will continue to be motivated to learn and to continue on our path...Time will only tell..
I also believe what you learn will stay with you, so remember we could all lose our wealth.
Part of the journey will be a personal journey not just financial, so hopefully we become a bit wiser too....:D

Thanks MIW. Totally agree, it's a different kind of gratification when you do it yourself. I started reading your interview and am inspired. You've done so well in a short space of time! I hope time passes too and it only gets better :). Hasn't been an easy journey but I choose this over sitting back and relaxing. And can I say, although these kids sit back and relax, it's not because their parents have assets - their parents only have their million dollar PPOR for which they are paying the mortgage and work day and night. Certainly they will realise - in 2-3 years - by the time they hit 30, how while being young, it doesn't always help in the long term to relax next to a pool... :)

How do I stay motivated?

Well, in times like these (past two or so years) I've personally experienced the toughest time in Real Estate, ever! And I just have to continue on toward my retirement plan. It may take longer, or possibly even shorter than I envision, but give or take a few years isn't so bad.

My motivation is eventual freedom to do as I please. And my motivation is, and always has been strong enough to wait out any storm. Simple as that. You want it bad enough you'll eventually get it.

How do I stay motivated?

My motivation is eventual freedom to do as I please. And my motivation is, and always has been strong enough to wait out any storm. Simple as that. You want it bad enough you'll eventually get it.

i like that. i want that too. you just reach a point where you decide its going to happen no matter what.

My motivation is eventual freedom to do as I please.

Couple of SS Landlord's in Perth are meeting up today for some top nosh and a chinwag.

It's great to hang around like minded tightwads and discuss how much the Tenants are behind in their rent.

Ahhh, freedom. :)

Haha, Ahhh thats good Dazz :D Yes as you well know there are pitfalls, but you gitta' take the good with the bad. 5-more years, we're outta' here!

Couple of SS Landlord's in Perth are meeting up today for some top nosh and a chinwag.

It's great to hang around like minded tightwads and discuss how much the Tenants are behind in their rent.

Ahhh, freedom. :)

Back