I'm getting noticed!

Great website Skater!
I used to roller skate as a teenager in the 80s, every week at the Campbelltown Roller Rink, I still have my lovely pink sequin outfit which my daughter now enjoys dressing up in. Why don't you have sequin leotards on your site??! Lol.
Makes me want to get back into it, although I'd probably be more into roller derby than figure skating, looks great for stress relief.
I hope your venture goes well for you, good to know you've got the competition worried.

Great website Skater!
I used to roller skate as a teenager in the 80s, every week at the Campbelltown Roller Rink, I still have my lovely pink sequin outfit which my daughter now enjoys dressing up in. Why don't you have sequin leotards on your site??! Lol.
Makes me want to get back into it, although I'd probably be more into roller derby than figure skating, looks great for stress relief.
I hope your venture goes well for you, good to know you've got the competition worried.

Well, if you're still in Sydney, I teach at the Sefton skating rink on Thursdays & Fridays. There are quite a few ex-skaters getting back into it. You should come along for some fun.

No outfits on the site. I make them to order, but hate sewing, so don't want to do more than I really have to.

BTW, if you were in Campbelltown in the 80's, I probably know you. I was in Campbelltown in the 80's too.

you competitor is very stupid i think.

they should ask for the advise how you can achieve your result or try to cooperate with you to get the market share bigger together.

I think threat will only end up kill each other and everyone lose and customer win.

just my thought

1. don't reply
2. be chuffed at being considered a threat to their exclusive snobby world

Well done Skater!

Haha! No, I don't intend to reply. Just trying to rack my brains on how I can get more customers to find me. I've got a few very loyal ones already. Which is good. Now how to duplicate that?

Haha! No, I don't intend to reply. Just trying to rack my brains on how I can get more customers to find me. I've got a few very loyal ones already. Which is good. Now how to duplicate that?

Advertising sent to all the rinks around, throw in a 'special offer' for the rink. I'm sure theres some roller derby facebook pages that you could post on... Pretty sure I've seen atleast one of these going around.

With the competition, wait until you wake up with a horse head beside you in your bed. :O

Skater,

Invest in SEO, be careful there are a huge number of bedroom experts out there, find a reliable SEO company via recommendations and start to invest x amount of your profit into getting your site up the organic listings.

You can be really smart and uncover your competitors back link strategy very easily, then he will be really hacked off when you start to outrank him for his favourite search terms ;)

Believe me it pays dividends, my wife and i ran a company in the UK in probably one of the most competitive markets being mortgages and Financial Services, we ranked number 1 in Google for over 100 key search terms.

If you want advice on what to look out for when selecting an SEO company let me know.

Simple things make a huge difference, register your company on Google Maps, Do a You Tube Video, set up and contribute to Social Media.

You can get very good Link building packages which are not super expensive and grow things from there.

Regards

ScottyB

Advertising sent to all the rinks around, throw in a 'special offer' for the rink. I'm sure theres some roller derby facebook pages that you could post on... Pretty sure I've seen atleast one of these going around.

With the competition, wait until you wake up with a horse head beside you in your bed. :O

Haha! The rinks are all competitors, as they all sell stuff too, although most don't go online. Yes, there are Derby Facebook pages, & I've got a heap of them bookmarked. The problem is that they really don't like it when you spam them. I do send stuff out to them from time to time - and i've been slack with that lately - but I don't want to be seen as a nuisance and blocked.

Haha! The rinks are all competitors, as they all sell stuff too, although most don't go online. Yes, there are Derby Facebook pages, & I've got a heap of them bookmarked. The problem is that they really don't like it when you spam them. I do send stuff out to them from time to time - and i've been slack with that lately - but I don't want to be seen as a nuisance and blocked.

Understandable. Some times it's the indirect advertising which can help. Posting meaningful info without directly advertising your biz, you may end up with people looking into your and your biz a bit further.

Bit of a niche market I can see, if you're getting upset emails you must be onto a good start. :)

As a recent customer of SkatePro, I can say the service and price was fantastic, thank you Skater. :)

My nephew and niece are loving their skates!

Good luck with the business, I'd definately shop with you again and recommend you to people.

As a recent customer of SkatePro, I can say the service and price was fantastic, thank you Skater. :)

My nephew and niece are loving their skates!

Good luck with the business, I'd definately shop with you again and recommend you to people.

Thankyou! I'm glad I've got at least one happy customer. :cool: :D :cool:

Skater, perhaps you should expand the business to have skate gear, property management and accounting under the one roof? :D

The Y-man

Back