Liberal or labor , who's better for property investors ?

Who would be better for property investors ?

• Labor

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Liberal

Votes: 64 90.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As an interesting similar observation, I noticed when we lived in the USA that all the "menial" jobs such as valet, Maccas front counter, check-out, carwash, labourers, etc - almost no "WASP" folk in those roles.

I don't mind folk being selective about employment; just don't cry about no jobs.

Yep.

Although probably not full-time work, there is plenty of 'menial' work available in this country too, if only the average Australian looking for work didn't have their head shoved so far up their backside and wasn't too proud to do it. I work a menial job 2 days per week (part time) $21 per hour ($24something p/h for casuals - bloody good money, I think, for bugger-all responsibility, easy work and better money than the dole). Also, I very rarely only work 2 days per week - it's more like 4 days per week - I could probably work 5 days if I wanted to (I don't though as my children are still young and hubby earns pretty good money anyway) - the reason I get offered so much work is because after some people do the job for about 2 months, they start to either get lazy (call in sick or don't turn up at all) or they start becoming fussy about WHEN they want to work. The shifts they couldn't be bothered working then get offered to the likes of me. (Thank you very much - that will go towards the next IP :D!)

There is PLENTY of (what I consider) quite well-paid employment that doesn't even require qualifications, etc, out there in this country for those who are actually prepared TO work.

The problem with having unknown Abbott in power is that there will be little debate. anything he wants to be policy will be done. In other words if Abbott's regime comes to power it will be the first time for a long time that Australia will have a dictatorship. It will be Abbott & Abbott, something to think about and most people have heard of the NAZI and Hitler regime that could draw some parallels ;) Ask yourself if your tax savings on your IP of a few bucks per year is worth it???

How do you work that one out?

edited quote
Yep.

Although probably not full-time work, there is plenty of 'menial' work available in this country too, if only the average Australian looking for work didn't have their head shoved so far up their backside and wasn't too proud to do it. ...
..There is PLENTY of (what I consider) quite well-paid employment that doesn't even require qualifications, etc, out there in this country for those who are actually prepared TO work.
certainly true
everything I do is beneath me
Any job, no matter how menial, is of value
Work, do it in a way that it becomes enjoyable as well
attachment.php
Twain wrote, "Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do. Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do", and proceeded to get his characters to do lowly work by choice, and it became fun

Attachments

• ATT11.jpg
    ATT11.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 151
The problem with having unknown Abbott in power is that there will be little debate. anything he wants to be policy will be done. In other words if Abbott's regime comes to power it will be the first time for a long time that Australia will have a dictatorship. It will be Abbott & Abbott, something to think about and most people have heard of the NAZI and Hitler regime that could draw some parallels ;) Ask yourself if your tax savings on your IP of a few bucks per year is worth it???

Yes please explain this hyperbole.

You do know that the Australian Government is formed by two houses; the house of Representatives and the Senate. And currently the ALP and Greens hold the majority in the Senate to at least until 2014.

So please explain how you can compare a potentially Liberal government with a dictatorship.

I would have expected you to say the later years of the Howard term to be a dictatorship noting he had a majority in both houses.

Am waiting with baited breathe.

who ever win, we need a shake down ...clean up the debt...stop the spending..
wipe out the over leverage and the strong will survive and the next boom can begin in a decade or two :)

The share market done its job in 2008-2009 and wiped out those on high margin and force to sell and I get to pick up all their asset at bargain basement price

Back