Name Your Dream Car(s)???

Attached are photos of my envisaged:
1. weekend road car (very smooth roads only)
2. weekend off road car
3. weekday commute car

Cheers,

The Y-man

Attachments

• mac.jpg
    mac.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 47
  • mitsu.jpg
    mitsu.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 53
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 66
Mark,

Don't take this as a dig at you, far from it.. I'm more curious than anything

1. How could you spend $100,000 on records? I'm assuming some would be limited editions etc?

2. Wouldn't you just rather than MP3 version? saves space, time, easier to manage.. My girlfriends dad is really into records and he is in the process of changing them all to MP3 simply to move with the times and make his collection easy to manage.

Cheers

Grimey

Hi Frank,

Like Simon said, if you need to ask, you'll never understand. I'm a collector scum (punk version of record collector), it's about having the vinyl itself rather than actually listening to it. I've been wanting to get a particular Melvins record for a little while, found one on ebay that was still sealed this week - ended up going for $160 Aust and it's not really even rare. I'm kicking myself cause I had the chance to get it new for $80 five years ago (it's a triple LP set).

But aside from that, there's nothing like hearing that initial crackle when you drop the needle on a record. CD's and mp3's have no soul. Having said that, I have about 80 gigs worth (and growing) of mp3's on my computer. They may not be ideal, but it means I can keep my records safely stashed away and I don't need to flip mp3's over every five mintues either.

Mark

I have always loved the black Lamborgini. Would need really dark tinted windows though so no one knows there is a 44yr old woman driving it.:p

1] current ride on LPG, very economical and way cheap fun.

2] Replacement for No 1 in a few years after they have depreciated horrifically, on LPG again. [ but only if No 1 need's to be put down]

3] the dream car, nothing like a 70's muscle car, weekend ride only.

But in reality, we'll be in Langkawi living on a boat so renting something like this as required will be more likely. http://www.perodua.com.my/index.php?section=ourcars&page=kancil

Sad is'nt it.

BB

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 45
  • dd51f6ab002b500b458bfd88.jpg
    dd51f6ab002b500b458bfd88.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 19c5_1.jpg
    19c5_1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 58
I'd like the Chrysler 300c too, BoatBoy, but the sedan version. Have had to have a station wagon for so long now, a sedan would be a nice change. I love the idea of having V8 grunt in the 300c, but it running on only 4 cylinders until you need all 8! Used to own a 1980 Chrysler many years aqo - was a great car. I used to be a sports car fanatic, but now like proper airconditioning (esp in NQ), not the open air blow your hair around type! Trouble is, every time lately I think I can afford a great new car, I buy another property instead - the car can wait!

Can I take that cash and buy records instead? I have zero interest in cars - my hobby is collecting records. Incidentally, anyone who thinks I couldn't drop a cool 100 g's on records... think again!

Mark

Records of What :D
Do you mean the vinyl disks that used to be used for music or statistical data?

Mark, the old phartz I drink with most nights would love to meet you. They are muzzos, some with your attitude that you get the best sound out of a valve amplifier and they play Stratocaster guitars. They may be old but they're slow. Hang on! I meant: They may be old but they love their music.

I, on the other hand, haven't a clue what they're talking about. I listen to uTube on my puter if I REALLY need a fix.

My dream car is anything other than my '89 Corolla which dies at every set of lights when it is cold and seems to have a sign on it saying "please hit me".

Sorry Glucose and BB but that car is ugly. Could I sell you this Ford Tauris?

They do look better with the Dodge Magnum front though

BB

Attachments

• 2007_dodge_magnum_20121025-E.jpg
    2007_dodge_magnum_20121025-E.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 2007_dodge_magnum_20121031-E.jpg
    2007_dodge_magnum_20121031-E.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 48
That's where we differ BB. I've only owned one V8 and thought it a pile of junk. A "Mulburry" XC (possibly, I forget) Get Stuffed Falcon. 302, 4sp. I remember being outrun by a bloody Mazda 121.

Loved my '88 Honda Integra. They still look better than anything made today and that little 1.6 engine revved it's heart out. A delight to drive but I'll admit the suspension was basic.

That's where we differ BB. I've only owned one V8 and thought it a pile of junk. A "Mulburry" XC (possibly, I forget) Get Stuffed Falcon. 302, 4sp. I remember being outrun by a bloody Mazda 121.

Loved my '88 Honda Integra. They still look better than anything made today and that little 1.6 engine revved it's heart out. A delight to drive but I'll admit the suspension was basic.

Fair enough, only had 1 V8 in an old F100 25 years back, so a modern one would be a thrill for me.

Infact a modern anything probably would.

Are you sure it was a 121 that took you, back in those day's the 121 and the RX5 rotary had the same shape.

Pretty fast car for that era.

BB

Attachments

• rx5_1975.jpg
    rx5_1975.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 54
Unless they slam into a pole outside a popular drinking hole in Perth. Sorry too late to find the pix.

Here it is in just one of it's numerous internet posts (excuse the pun:rolleyes: )

The owner came across as a right tossa but after seeing the scale of his public humiliation you had to feel a little bit sorry for him (for about 0.25 nano seconds). Thanks to camera phones, photos were all over Perth before the tow truck arrived. I don't know anything about Ferraris but general opinion was it was a cheapie.

Love my V8's burble burble .. bub bub.... but I'd make an exception here :eek:
turbo_bug.jpg

Well I'm told that my dream car is a sleek looking sporty volvo, S70 I think. I'ts been pointed out to me a few times as we pass the odd one on the road. I told him we'll definately buy it when its about ten years old coz thats when the price will be right.

Back