Name Your Dream Car(s)???

Don't own one either, and may never. Just that I know I would never own a sports car, I'd rip the guts out of the bottom of most of them on roads my way.
I like stuff with ground clearence.

See ya's.

See my post above for my dream "recreational vehicle" :D

270 HP thru a 6 speed gear box, self locking diffs front and rear, and 6 piston brembo's to bring it to a stop.....

FYI, the specs are at http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/motorsports/e/06dakar/team/cars.html

Cheers,

The Y-man

Attachments

• cars_01.jpg
    cars_01.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 49
I love going to the track at Queensland Raceway. My current car, Mazda RX 8 does well around the track but lacks the out right power on the straights when compared to Porsche GT3 or Mitsubishi Evo's.

Here is and interesting link to the Top gear website: http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/laptimes/thestig/

As you will see my current car sits well in terms of performance on the track. The car has an excellent balance so it is very fast in the corners. One of the options I am now considering is to add a turbo or supercharger to double the power output at the cost of around $15 000. This would then blow away most of my competition.

My dream cars: BMW X5 ...for the family and Lotus Exige for fun

Completely impractical I know, but I've always had a softspot for Italian beauties :) I could look at either of these for a very long time......

Ducati_1098.jpg

ferrari_dino_246_gt.jpg

Nice pictures everyone!

Not quite a car...(my dream car is that what tows horse floats:) )...but this little pocket rocket is just pure fun.

Not technically mine, but ever so happy and grateful I am permitted to let this sweetheart slide between my legs on ocassion...very light to handle! (well, for a woman), easy to negotiate, and fun...fun....fun...

pocket_rocket.JPG

I've always had a softspot for Italian beauties

Hi Twitch,

I'm with ya mate, I have a soft spot for Italian beauties too *wink*. Come to think of it, I have a soft spot for Japanese beauties and Polish beauties and Australian beauties and Brazilian beauties and Chinese beauties and....

Mark

I love sports cars...and have had a few. Currently driving a Honda CRX (1994), which will have to be replaced some day soon.:eek: :eek: :eek: This is the same as mine, as I don't have a pic of mine.

So I'll stick with a Honda, as my legs are too short to reach the pedals on all the other sports cars I'd like to own.
Dream Car:
RE_S2000_34FRONT.jpg

Whilst a Ferrari or Porsche Turbo would be nice, I'd tire of the pretention, image and potential envy that comes with owning a car like this.

So I'd prefer something more subtle that only an enthusiast would know is special, like a BMW M3, M5, AMG Benz or Audi RS.

In the meantime, in line with my username - surprise, surprise, I'll be happy with a Ford XR6 Turbo modified to about 400kw and good for 11 second quarter miles! (My reward at the end of this year). Am I the only yobbo rev head here?

Mark

I reckon MX-5's are the modern equivalent of the MGB. They will be being restored for years to come and perform as well as more expensive roadsters.

I will be buying one in a few years time when male menopause hits.

hi all
have a look at a spyker v8 or the v12.
there would one of the rares cars on the road and cheaper then a ferrari.
hand made by aeroplane engineers and each part is hand signed by the engineer.
the seat are made to measure
they bought a british racing team to be in the last f1 race.
made in holland and two year wait
simply pure lux with the speed to beat most cars off the mark.
have a look between spyker and db8 close call but hand made from ex plane engineers gets me.
the view from the curved flex glass would be just my cup of tea
hope one day one would come south of the equator the nearest so far is china and they don't have an agent here.

I have never been a car person and couldn't understand all the fuss and why would you spend anything substantial on them

But I have now fallen in love with Jaguars. There is just something about them and I would really really love to own one. Not anything new but something 10 years old with the classic Jag look.

I am surprised at myself that I feel this way, but I really really want one!!

My bike in the middle:

Tassie393.jpg

vehicle wise I would like
100_0611.jpg
pic taken when I went to the Lambo factory 2 years ago.

But would settle for a large 4 wheel drive to tow a Whittely 2800 Cruisemaster cabin cruiser.

Oh my goodness! Nice bbbbikes, beautiful Lllambo-something or other...I love that...they are great pictures; what's going on here? I am getting excited over metal rubber and petrol eaters....they just look so good!:)

Cars are what drives me to work hard, save and invest! (as it is for MOST young people!)

I work in the car magazine industry, which means I'm constantly subjected to and reminded why I have to work hard.

examples:
l_e3afe47449b02c5c9ac6f02206f87a4a.jpg

l_6ea468f0f0c05439a3c2094b566a6217.jpg

l_69a44d5596d109366f10ed43aa69f979.jpg

l_b241b273939a0f597afe4991450f0835.jpg

.. are my current favourites! :D It's obvious otherwise I wouldn't have taken pics standing next them!

I work in the car magazine industry, which means I'm constantly subjected to and reminded why I have to work hard.

.. are my current favourites! It's obvious otherwise I wouldn't have taken pics standing next them!

Hey mate,

I am in Newcastle too :) Let me know if you need a hand driving them cars around ;) :D

Eaton...that last phot of the aquaq coloured car...what brand and model is that please? Nice looking car.

Sailor, I'm not eaton but I know that's a Lotus Exige, I think they're around ~$140k. They weigh next to nothing and go like stink.

0603_geneva_01+2006_lotus_exige_s+top_view.jpg

cheers.

Last edited:
Back