Name Your Dream Car(s)???

the ultimate would be a Dodge Challenger, doubt you'll see 'em in Oz though.

My boss has one and a number of his friends have them as well. I've been for a ride in it, woo! As I said, I have zero interest in cars, but being in one of those was awesome! The power was incredible.

Mark

Had a 700hp sportscar when I was a little younger (R32 GT-R Skyline for those curious) which ended up an investors nightmare (large, regular, non-deductible payments required to keep it operating, which didn't add any value!!)

Realistic dream car would be a Ferrari 360, had the opportunity to drive one when they were relatively new and that has set the bar for me. Love to see myself in one when its time to smell the roses.

If I had the opportunity to go 'all in' it'd be a Porsche Carrera GT :)

Well I'm told that my dream car is a sleek looking sporty volvo, S70 I think. I'ts been pointed out to me a few times as we pass the odd one on the road. I told him we'll definately buy it when its about ten years old coz thats when the price will be right.

I quite like the XC70 wagon from Volvo. Looks like a Volvo but not as boxy and staid as they historically are.

I nearly bought a Volvo P1700 about ten years ago. Loved the shape of it.

Why do most mainstream modern cars look the same? Seems that very few have the style and individuality of the 60's and 70's where even a Ford Cortina had wings on the rear.

Have owned a couple of MGs in the past and am now all but over British Engineering of the 60's. Everything was so fiddly and hard to reach. Also had a VC Valiant (amongst other cars) Slant 6 engine with enough room spare under the bonnet for a second donk :)

Just for pure weekend summer fun I reckon I would like to get me a Meyer's Manx from the 60's and rebuild it. That would be a fun runaround when the sun was out.

Cars looked very cool back then :) : . But they did drive like trucks :( :( :

Sometimes I think I was born 20 years too late :eek:

Realistic dream car would be a Ferrari 360, had the opportunity to drive one when they were relatively new and that has set the bar for me. Love to see myself in one when its time to smell the roses.

If I had the opportunity to go 'all in' it'd be a Porsche Carrera GT :)

My post above was written especially for you :p
Watch the video.

This is the car i would like,Porsche 550 rs spider 1.5 ltre 135 bhp the only problem is they only made 90 or so,and most are in the Europe or the US
the starting price is around 300k aussie money,maybe on day one will come through the auctions..good luck willair..

car81.jpg

Haha - yeah I've seen that video before, certainly showcases the sort of technology which we'll all be using in the future..

It does however have zero appeal to me, part of owning an exotic car for mine is not the fact that its fast - there is always something faster out there, like my old Nissan. For me its something non-tangible, more like a feeling. Something I'd be very content with while all the kids fly around in their electric buzz boxes :)

My post above was written especially for you :p
Watch the video.

My boss has one and a number of his friends have them as well. I've been for a ride in it, woo! As I said, I have zero interest in cars, but being in one of those was awesome! The power was incredible.

Mark

Maybe got the car's mixed up Mark,

http://www.newcartestdrive.com/sneakpreview.cfm?ReviewID=102

2008 Dodge Challenger

By Larry Edsall

On Sale: Early 2008
Expected Pricing: $25,000-$35,000

Chrysler has announced it will produce the Dodge Challenger sometime in 2008 as a 2008 model. And it'll be one exciting pony car, if this orange prototype is any indication.

The 2008 Dodge Challenger will feature the long hood, short deck, wide stance and two-door coupe body style that distinguished the iconic Challengers of the 1970s

Unfortunately the Challenger is still only a concept car at this stage, but the 70's model is selling for as much as $130k, a great investment i'd reckon.

Who said old car's don't go up in value

http://www.oldride.com/classic_cars/134446.html

BB

Attachments

• 123020051743514869.jpg
    123020051743514869.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 52
  • 37722045500100_tmp_org.jpg
    37722045500100_tmp_org.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 54
My dream car about 6yrs ago was a 1958 ford thunderbird, it took me 6mths to find one and about 4 mths to rebuild her.

I sold her last year to make way for a caravan to tour OZ.

We had a ball with her going to a lot of hotrod runs, rock'n'roll dancin etc.

Now i'm startin to dream about a tinny like the one attached:D

Attachments

• tbird 001.jpg
    tbird 001.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 55
  • AZIMUT.JPG
    AZIMUT.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 47
My dream car about 6yrs ago was a 1958 ford thunderbird, it took me 6mths to find one and about 4 mths to rebuild her.

I sold her last year to make way for a caravan to tour OZ.

We had a ball with her going to a lot of hotrod runs, rock'n'roll dancin etc.

Now i'm startin to dream about a tinny like the one attached:D

Geez mate , that tinny will have a horrific thirst:D

Something over 100 litres /hr me thinks.:eek:

BB

Geez mate , that tinny will have a horrific thirst:D

Something over 100 litres /hr me thinks.:eek:

BB

I intend on being in a position to ignor the fuel gauge.............whats a couple of grand in fuel when you have spent over a million bucks.:eek:

I intend on being in a position to ignor the fuel gauge.............whats a couple of grand in fuel when you have spent over a million bucks.:eek:

Fair enough if you don't go far, range was the big issue on my current build.

She'll do 14 knot's using about 13 litres/hr or 8 knot's using 7/lph Approx.

2400 litres will give her a 2700 NM range we hope.

BB

This is the closest thing to a sports car I will ever own,...

990_Adventure_S_web_jpg.jpg

Don't own one either, and may never. Just that I know I would never own a sports car, I'd rip the guts out of the bottom of most of them on roads my way.
I like stuff with ground clearence.

See ya's.

Back