Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Liberal

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Green

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
Apathy (not caring) does not equal ignorance (not knowing) or laziness (inactivity due to being a fat couch potato).

I wouldn't even donkey vote.

How could you not care about how the Govt spends your money YOUR MONEY? If your wife came in and said "Hey honey i just spent 30% of our income on useless widget" wouldn't you be pissed?

So the only excuse not to care would to be 1.) Ignorant of whats happening and being more interested in justin bieber and 2.) Lazy by not seeking knowledge of whats going on and be more concerned about what colour to paint your nails
Regards,

RH

How could you not care about how the Govt spends your money YOUR MONEY? If your wife came in and said "Hey honey i just spent 30% of our income on useless widget" wouldn't you be pissed?

So the only excuse not to care would to be 1.) Ignorant of whats happening and being more interested in justin bieber and 2.) Lazy by not seeking knowledge of whats going on and be more concerned about what colour to paint your nails
Regards,

RH

First of all, after the government steals it from me, I no longer consider it my money. I have no legal claim over it whatsoever.

Secondly, I do care somewhat how they spend their money, but that's not the same as caring WHO gets voted into government and starts spending it... because it won't make much difference.

I admit I don't know that much about NSW politics, but I do know a lot about federal politics and can tell you after years of putting up with the b.s. I'll be voting informally on that one too. So I don't get fined or spend two days in jail for abstaining. I've always voted Liberal, can't stand the sight or sound of Julia, but I just don't care anymore either way who's in government.

First of all, after the government steals it from me, I no longer consider it my money. I have no legal claim over it whatsoever.

Secondly, I do care somewhat how they spend their money, but that's not the same as caring WHO gets voted into government and starts spending it... because it won't make much difference.

I admit I don't know that much about NSW politics, but I do know a lot about federal politics and can tell you after years of putting up with the b.s. I'll be voting informally on that one too. So I don't get fined or spend two days in jail for abstaining. I've always voted Liberal, can't stand the sight or sound of Julia, but I just don't care anymore either way who's in government.

Hey Ianvestor, my comments were not directed at you... it was more of a general comment.

Also in regards to caring about how they spend the money, if you care about that issue then you will care about which party gets elected because they have different philosophy on how to spend/save it. Hence you being pretty sensible with your money vote liberal because in general they have a similar Philosophy to you

http://www.liberal.org.au/~/media/F...Coaition Economic Principles 18 May 2010.ashx

[each party] have different philosophy on how to spend/save it.

I don't go in for the victim mentality, but recently I've realised that I have blamed Labor for a lot of my failures over the years, even when they weren't in office. Now I feel that blame has been misdirected, and even being as loyal to the Libs as I've been, I now feel confident that no amount of havoc Labor wreaks, will stop me from conquering the world... I don't need the Libs in power for me to lead a happy and successful life. So in that sense, I couldn't care less who wins.

So I'll draw some lovely doodling on my next ballot paper to a) solidify this new belief in my mind, and b) to non-violently protest compulsory-voting laws.

Yes i know all that. But my point was what has your posts got to do with the poll i put up?

You for real?

At the end of the day you either vote Labor or Liberal. Even if you vote some mickey mouse independent, the vote will end up in one camp or another either through preferences or minority govts like now.

Surely someone of your intelligence worked that out years ago. Or did you think the Greens will one day form Government?

I want a new party based on Liberals but cares about our environment and the future generation. I thought Mr Mal T was such a person but unfortunately he was dropped!

Last edited:
See Im colour blind and to me Green has been similar shade to red perhaps :)..........with traffic lights I can work out the difference, coz there a space between the two

ta
rolf

Give the libs a go labor has had 16 years! If libs don't improve things dump them in 4 years time. Only fair really. This campain about libs having too much power is Joke. Rather a gov that can actually do something rather than be shackled by having to pander to minor parties and independants.

Nice call Rolf!

Be interesting to see if Qld too goes to a liberal swing. Most I talk to say Can Do Campbell will be carving up Anna like a Christmas goose. Time will tell.

Be interesting to see if Qld too goes to a liberal swing. Most I talk to say Can Do Campbell will be carving up Anna like a Christmas goose. Time will tell.

No- it is early days yet but I don't think it was aprudent move on his part. Remember that he needs others to get voted in as well to form a government and the quality of candidates is sub optimal to say the least.

the quality of candidates is sub optimal to say the least.

Isn't that just typical of the Aussie population....sick back in your comfy chair and sling mud at the people giving it a crack.

I always offer the people who think that pollies get paid way too much for doing nothing, and are rubbish at it in their opinion, to step up to the plate and "put up or shut up".

They always do neither.

yes, your one vote will achieve that. :rolleyes:

Although very USA-centric, I have to agree with the sentiments expressed about the "Power of One Vote": http://121space.com/blog/zoph/index.php?showentry=149

The Power Of One Vote Essay

There are many important things in our life that we do, such as having some rest, eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner, wearing clothes, living in a shelter, etc. But there is one more thing that is the most important to us. This is something that changes the way we live. It is one vote. Just one vote can make all the difference to our nation, and change our lives. It can also change the course of history, and we are all part of it.

One vote can change the way we live. An example of this is the vote that helped George W. Bush win in the election of 2004. With him as president, we have to be cautious of what we say on the telephone, because our telephone lines are being watched every second. This is just one way of how our lives can change with just one vote.

Just one vote can change the course of history. In 1771 just one vote gave America the English language instead of the German language. Without this vote, we would be speaking German right now. In 1845 only one vote brought Texas into the Union. In 1868 one vote saved President Andrew Johnson from impeachment, and in 1876 one vote made Rutherford B. Hayes President of the U.S. These are just some examples of how one vote could change our past.

This is a list of some other votes that changed our history:

In 1923, just one vote gave Adolf Hitler the leadership of the Nazi Party.
In 1941, just one vote saved selective service, which was just weeks before Pearl Harbor.
In 1984, just one vote elected Maurice Nichols the mayor of the City of Athens, Alabama.
In 1992, just one vote decided a town council seat in Trinity, Alabama.
In 1992, just one vote decided the Democratic nomination for the Madison County Commission, District number two.
In 1996, just one vote could have elected a member of the Limestone County Board of Education, District Number 5, though this election was decided by the toss of a coin.

There is one more step leading to this important event. Us. We are all part of this very important event. All of us are able to vote, though this only applies to us if we are over eighteen, and is a citizen. It is our vote that makes all the difference. We are supporting a side, and helping that side win. We are the ones who cast the ballot. This vote changes the outcome of the poll, and changes the winner. We are an important part of voting.

Just one vote can make a difference to our world or nation. It can make a difference to the way we live, the course of history, and our past. It can also change our present, and may even change our future. Just this one vote is a major part of our lives. It is very important to us. But we are all also part of it. We all play an important role. This is the “Power of One Vote.”

Give the libs a go labor has had 16 years! If libs don't improve things dump them in 4 years time. Only fair really. This campain about libs having too much power is Joke. Rather a gov that can actually do something rather than be shackled by having to pander to minor parties and independants

Good point there Marty !!!!

I think that was true before the floods. But Anna Bligh did such a great job of managing the media during the floods that I think she's got a much better chance of being successful this time round than NSW Labor........ So long as she doesnt wait too long to call an election.

Newspoll rang me the other day, and it was interesting to have to really think about who I'm going to vote for.
I usually tend to the left, but do fairly regularly vote Libs, particularly at a state level.

I will definitely not vote for the Greens..... I think they are watermelons. (Green outside, red inside). have very few economic credentials, and their "values" to me are completely upside down. So, that knocks them out of my picture. They'll go last for me.

I think NSW Labor has to go... My mind was made up when Rees took the toll off the M5 (?) while the M2 is still high and has minimal public transport options. I think NSW is desperate for infrastructure development. The only person I'd be sad to see lose their seat would be Carmel Tebbutt. I thought she did well in Disabilities and Health, which are both areas I'm involved in.

But I've been so disappointed that the Libs arent prepared to really say in detail what their plans are. They've had 16 years to work out their policy. I wanted to hear more details and more "big picture" stuff. I dont mind B O'F, I've heard him speak in person a few years ago, and he was quite good. But he's been very boring and uninspiring during the campaign, which is disappointing.

But I'm in a blue ribbon lib seat anyway, so my vote doesnt count for much!! But in the upper house, I'll vote lib, labor, some of the independents, with Greens, One Nation and shooters at the bottom. (i like to fill in the whole sheet)

Last edited:
But I've been so disappointed that the Libs arent prepared to really say in detail what their plans are. They've had 16 years to work out their policy. I wanted to hear more details and more "big picture" stuff.

i'll hazzard to guess they'll spend the first 6 months trying to work out what the friggin' heck is going on with the mess they've inherited - what they have to unravel, what lies they have to dig underneath, what coverups need to be opened up, what money is actually available, what has been underhandedly promised that has to legally be met ... shall i go on?

i suspect they are going to inherit a pandora's box.

I will definitely not vote for the Greens..... I think they are watermelons. (Green outside, red inside).

Thats better than my traffic light model :)

There are certainly some good ideas and concepts behind the greens idealogy, but as a "controlling" entity..........I gotta say id rather have liberal labour or demonised crats making my childrens future

ta
rolf

Back