Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Liberal

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Green

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
I always offer the people who think that pollies get paid way too much for doing nothing, and are rubbish at it in their opinion, to step up to the plate and "put up or shut up".

They always do neither.

Damn good call !

Herein lies something I have been fortunate to have a bit of near trenches exposure to in the last couple of years, and its neither an easy life, nor something for the faint of heart.

The way many of our leaders get to be "leaders" is scary, what is in my view really really sad is the way that our modern society and media treat pollies of any persuasion.

We will continue to get what we go out looking for.

ta
rolf

Pathetic

So I'll draw some lovely doodling on my next ballot paper to a) solidify this new belief in my mind, and b) to non-violently protest compulsory-voting laws.

I don't normally comment on political issues, but this sounds pretty p1$$weak to me.

Do you have kids? What message are you giving our future voters.

Take a stand, one way or the other, but burying your head in the sand is pathetic.

I don't normally comment on political issues, but this sounds pretty p1$$weak to me.

Do you have kids? What message are you giving our future voters.

Take a stand, one way or the other, but burying your head in the sand is pathetic.

I will hopefully give my daughter the message that politicians don't control her destiny, and secondly that forcing people to vote against their will is completely immoral.

Taking a stand is exactly what I'm doing. I making a conscious and deliberate decision here to not vote for anyone. I'll have to show up to get my name off the list, but I'd stay away completely if it weren't for the indirect threat of violence (law enforcement officers with guns).

Slightly off topic, but I was wondering how many of you got a call from Bob Hawke like I did.

Friday
I came home to a flashing light indicating a message on the answering machine. Played it and got "Hello, this is Bob Hawke" and then a babble about voting Labour on Saturday.

Friday night I went to a friends house and she had it on her answering machine too. She's the only other person that I know got it.

Slightly off topic, but I was wondering how many of you got a call from Bob Hawke like I did.

Friday
I came home to a flashing light indicating a message on the answering machine. Played it and got "Hello, this is Bob Hawke" and then a babble about voting Labour on Saturday.

Friday night I went to a friends house and she had it on her answering machine too. She's the only other person that I know got it.

Are you in a marginal seat? How about those you asked?

Labor did similar here in SA at the last elections - including the fake voting cards, but unlike NSW, these WERE used.

You receive a second notice for court time and a maximum penalty of $50. Should you fail to attend, enjoy debt collection.

Who cares?

The public has woken up (finally).....now for some federal seats...Anthony Albanese won't be "getting any" tonight I'll bet...! LOL!

If she loses, I bet Carmel quits and takes the pension...just like all the rest of the ship jumping rats did in the past couple or 5 years when seeing the writing on the wall....

Still...a great result... and now for the mess to clean up....

I'm in heaven tonight...!:D

Still...a great result... and now for the mess to clean up....

I'm in heaven tonight...!:D

Sounds excellent Thorpey - I'm very interested in the NSW result.

Glad to welcome NSW to the WA & Vic club.....

Hopefully the excellent preferential voting tactic the Liberal party learnt in the Victorian election of putting the loony left Greens last works a treat for them again.

Current Composition of Legislative Assembly

Labor Seats..............50
Liberal / Nat Seats.....37
Independent Seats......6

Total: 93

Potential Composition of Legislative Assembly

Labor Seats..............15
Liberal / Nat Seats.....65
Independent Seats......4
Undecided.................7

Total: 91

YIPPEE !!!!!!!!

You receive a second notice for court time and a maximum penalty of $50. Should you fail to attend, enjoy debt collection.

Who cares?

If you fail to pay the debt collectors you will be told to go to court. If you consistently fail to show up for court your house will be visited by men with guns. If you fail to go with them willingly, they will use physical force (possibly drawing their weapons) to remove you.

Any trivial law you care to mention, the same scenario will eventually play out if said law is to be enforced.

Are you in a marginal seat? How about those you asked?

Labor did similar here in SA at the last elections - including the fake voting cards, but unlike NSW, these WERE used.

I'm in a (usually) strong Labour seat (Fairfield) and my friend is in Bankstown.

What an amazing result in some of these so called labor heartland seats. I grew up in Cardiff (outer working class Newcastle suburb) and never thought I would live to see the day that a Lib was voted into either Charlestown or Newcastle and it seems they may grab both. Newcastle has been Labor since 1890!

I was stoked to see the Lib candidate for Charlestown was a vet from my home town Cardiff.

now if we can only get rid of the 'Nohope' govt in Canberra at our next local election.

No, you 2 are just special, and Bob Hawke knew that your own votes would count!! :D I havent heard of anyone else getting a call from Bob.

Did you see the photo in the SMH of Bob with Kristina? He looked like he was having a great time being photographed with a beautiful young woman. He's such a womaniser!!

I think the strength of the result is partly a reflection of the fact that everyone thought the Libs would get in 4 years ago, and noone wanted to take the chance of Labor getting in again.

Well, hopefully the Libs will bite the bullet and build the northwest rail link, and the Hills District will finally have public transport. I dont think I'll hold my breath though....

Quote from ABC News website story about who will lead the labour Party:

Outgoing deputy premier Carmel Tebbutt says she does not want Ms Keneally's job.

"I can't yet even say whether I'll even be in the Parliament," said Ms Tebbutt, referring to the tightly fought contest in her seat of Marrickville which remains too close to call.

This election is a swift kick in the guts for Albanese and his Fed comrades don't you worry...

It's fabulous hey Daz...!! ;)

It's fabulous hey Daz...!! ;)

Yes.

And what about all the rural independents who have been booted out? Windsor and Oakshot made fools of a lot of people, myself included. Big protest vote. The bush experiment with independents is well and truely over, and good ridence.

See ya's.

What I think's really interesting about the NSW election results is that Labor appears to have held 21 seats, far more than the 13 or 14 pre-polling indicated.

It would seem that enough people in NSW - despite being "white hot with rage" at state Labor - thought that they had a democratic duty to retain Labor as at least the rump of a viable opposition party.

I know this alone was the only reason I voted Labor myself. The Greens will always be economic illiterates, and too much power will always corrupt, hence the need for the institution and actuality of a 'loyal opposition'.

Nonetheless, NSW Labor has a long road of renewal ahead for itself to get there.

I just hope that no one in NSW Labor takes the votes we have given them this weekend as an endorsement in any way whatsoever of their abysmal performance in government over the last decade!

Belbo

Back